Who is Going in September?

Anyone know what the crowds are probably going to be like? We're going Tues 24th, Wed 25th, then (cause of Halloween and Fantasmic!), fri 27th and sat 28th.

Thanks

We were there on those dates (Sunday thru Friday) in 2011. Very, very light crowds. Great time to go. We were supposed to leave that Thursday but were having so much fun we upgraded to 6 day tickets and stayed Friday till we had to leave due to the Halloween party. The crowd coming in for the party was CRAZY!!!! We could hardly get out! But Sunday thru Thursday were great.

We're going Sept 6-10 as a family to GCH! Very excited, though still flip flopping over taking 2 cheaper (hotel) trips in July and Sept instead. Getting the Grand for $209/night is hard to pass up!

We were there on those dates (Sunday thru Friday) in 2011. Very, very light crowds. Great time to go. We were supposed to leave that Thursday but were having so much fun we upgraded to 6 day tickets and stayed Friday till we had to leave due to the Halloween party. The crowd coming in for the party was CRAZY!!!! We could hardly get out! But Sunday thru Thursday were great.

Ah, so we should have two good days and two crazy days. That's kinda what I thought. Gonna do the WiWF tour on the saturday to try to counteract the craziness and make the most of the first couple of days. THANK YOU!

We'll be there from September 3-6... Does anyone know when the Park Hours will come out? I am hoping that we will be able to see Fantasmic...

We'll be there from September 3-6... Does anyone know when the Park Hours will come out? I am hoping that we will be able to see Fantasmic...

From what I've read, hours and entertainment schedules come out 4-8 weeks in advance. I've been looking at the September hours from last year to get an idea of what they might be when we're there. Entertainment is more limited since it's not peak season, so Friday will be your only chance at Fantasmic.

We are going Sept 8-14. Booked at BWPPI but thinking of upgrading to Disneyland Hotel. We are coming from CT after going to a wedding in SF. I'm a semi-WDW vet and I feel almost nervous trying to plan this trip.

If we do end up at the DH, should I just book directly Disney? Thats how I always book our WDW vacations. Historically is there ever any discounts at that time of year?

You can get the Dapper Day hotel discount from September 2-11. It's $209 per night for GCH, $195 for DLH, and $165 for PPH. They have discount park tickets for the event too which are valid from September 2-13.

We're going Sept 6-10 as a family to GCH! Very excited, though still flip flopping over taking 2 cheaper (hotel) trips in July and Sept instead. Getting the Grand for $209/night is hard to pass up!

That's a great rate for GCH. Have a wonderful trip!

The PP is correct - Fantasmic is only available on the weekends during the off season.

We'll be there September 2nd -7th at the PPH:)!!!

YAY! Have fun!

We are going Sept 29th - Oct 3rd...staying at the Red Lion Inn. I hope I don't forget the stroller this time.

September 17th - Hotel Menage
September 18-20 - GRAND CALIFORNIAN, baby!

YAY! Have always wanted to stay at GCH! Were at Red Lion in May...was DH's birthday. Had DS and his DGF along to celebrate. We went to the park on the day of DH birthday, with the plan to go out for a celebratory cocktail afterwards. Left DCA after final WOC, went to DTD and everywhere was either closed or closing, except ESPN zone, where we had been for lunch that day. :( We were all disappointed we couldn't have our final evening celebration.

So, as a total suprise, I am treating DH to 2 nights at GCH!! We have always wanted to stay there, but could not justify the expense... Well, this time I decided to take the plunge! But I'm afraid that we won't be able to stay anywhere else in the future. :lmao:
I don't plan on telling him until the morning we leave Menage for GCH, but I am terrible at keeping secrets - I'll likely ruin it before then!! :rotfl2:

As an aside, I'm surprised that many of the restaurants don't stay open later past park closing hours...:confused3 That's our favorite time for a snack and a cocktail (or even 2!).

We are going Sept 29th - Oct 3rd...staying at the Red Lion Inn. I hope I don't forget the stroller this time.

Are you going to attend a Halloween party? I hope you have a great trip!

Sept 4-6th here!! Its getting closer!! Staying at Desert Inn.

Time is really starting to fly! Before we know it, it'll be September! :dance3: Have a nice trip.

YAY! Have always wanted to stay at GCH! Were at Red Lion in May...was DH's birthday. Had DS and his DGF along to celebrate. We went to the park on the day of DH birthday, with the plan to go out for a celebratory cocktail afterwards. Left DCA after final WOC, went to DTD and everywhere was either closed or closing, except ESPN zone, where we had been for lunch that day. :( We were all disappointed we couldn't have our final evening celebration.

So, as a total suprise, I am treating DH to 2 nights at GCH!! We have always wanted to stay there, but could not justify the expense... Well, this time I decided to take the plunge! But I'm afraid that we won't be able to stay anywhere else in the future. :lmao:
I don't plan on telling him until the morning we leave Menage for GCH, but I am terrible at keeping secrets - I'll likely ruin it before then!! :rotfl2:

As an aside, I'm surprised that many of the restaurants don't stay open later past park closing hours...:confused3 That's our favorite time for a snack and a cocktail (or even 2!).

What a great surprise for your DH! I'm not sure, but the bar at GCH might stay open later. Have a wonderful trip!

Are you going to attend a Halloween party? I hope you have a great trip!

Thanks Escape ~
We went to the MHP last year, and I think we are going to skip it his year. We have an AP, so it would be an added ticket expense and for us it is not worth it. Definitely fun and worth checking out...

What a great surprise for your DH! I'm not sure, but the bar at GCH might stay open later. Have a wonderful trip!

Thanks! Some places were open later for drinks, but didn't have food...
Shouldn't be a problem for our dates, though, as I suspect the park closes around 8-ish.

I'm doin the exact same surprise for my DH the week before! Stay strong, I've already been keeping this secret for five months, we can make it another two months!!,

I'm doin the exact same surprise for my DH the week before! Stay strong, I've already been keeping this secret for five months, we can make it another two months!!,

When I bought our brick in the Esplanade in February (can't remember the year) it was to be a surprise for our August trip...I spilled the beans in the car on the way home from work the same day!:rotfl2:

Secrets are not my strong suit!! But I will try...knowing that others can do it will make me stay strong!!

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter