Who feels like a threadkiller - Take 4!

Good Morning my Tker friends...where ever you all are????:confused3

Robin,
I see you changed your ticker...Looks good!...
Its getting closer and closer to the wedding time...are you all ready?....
How is Alex doing?.....getting nervous?...:yay::cool1:

Did any of you watch the Royal wedding?... I DVRd it and watched it on and off while I cleaned...I loved the dress!...But most of it I fast forwarded past...It just got so long and drawn out....:rolleyes1

We also watched "The kings speech" last night..Im afraid that didnt keep my attention either...ended up falling asleep:sad2:.. I may try watching it again, but it seemed pretty boring:confused3

Well we are going over to my sons, and DILs house today to have pizza and cake for Mike's Birthday..and a little surprise too...Ill tell you all about it tomorrow(Mike sometimes lurks here...so Im not taking any chances:thumbsup2)

Have a good weekendpixiedust:
TTFNpaw:

Good morning Betsy. Yes I changed my ticker because the other one disappeared half of the time for some reason:confused3

I have no idea how Alex is doing since I hardly ever get to talk to him.

Today is Steph's wedding shower. Her grandmother is hosting it. So that is where I am off to today, a one hour plus drive in each direction. It is also her bachelorette party tonight (which I am not going to :rotfl: )

Alex is having his bachelor party this weekend.... I think all weekend long. It is being held in another city altogether different than the one I live in, the one he lives in or the one the shower/bachelorett party is in.

So everyone is travelling this weekend.

After the shower I have to come home and get ready because I am doing a dance competition tonight. Fortunately (or unfortunately) we are scheduled to dance at 10pm tonight, the last entry of the night. We are not really competing against anyone, just doing it for the fun of it. Right now I'm not sure either that it is going to be any fun :scared1::lmao::dance3:

I have not really watched any of the Royal wedding although I have it on my DVR. I did see what her dress looked like and she looked beautiful:goodvibes

A surprise....... ooh........ I can't wait to hear all about it. Make sure you come back tonight or tomorrow and let us know what it is.

I have a surprise too...... we have an offer in on a house and it has been accepted by the owners. It still has conditions on it and we are having a house and well inspection done next week. We know there are a few issues but want to see just how much trouble it is going to be before we go ahead with it.

It is a one floor ranch house with a full basement sitting on 1.9 acres of land about 13 minutes to the edge of town. 18 minutes or so for Rick to get to work from there.

Whew, that was a long winded post :lmao: Have a fantastic day everyone.

Just checking in....hoping all is well with everyone!!!! Robin - SOOOO jealous of the Disney wedding....j/k but do hope that Ryan will consider a Dis wedding when the time comes....and how exciting for all of you!!!! Cannot wait to see some of the photos!!!

Betsy...YES please do share the surprise as soon as you can....

Strawberry season is getting off to slow start as far as having "enough" fruit but still have been very busy at work. Ryan has his finals this next week and will be home for the summer on Mother's day (DH & I go tomorrow to bring home whatever he can't fit into his car).

Jaxon James is 3 mos old already and growing crazy fast!!!! Jen scored another 3 months off from work which is fabulous for her AND Jaxon!!! DSIL leaves for a trip next weekend - so she & Jax will be coming to spend the weekend!!! :yay: We are running in the annual Mother's Day race AND believe it or not, i have two 10K's and two 1/2 marathons scheduled; one of them being the inaugural Tinkerbell 1/2 at Disneyland next Jan!!!

How is everyone else doing???

:wave: Brenda.

I was thinking about you the other day.

Someone was saying something about garlic and it reminded me of you:thumbsup2:lmao:

Robin, why the move?

We have always lived in a house that has had no back yard neighbours.... all 3 houses that we have lived in.

We have lived here for 25 years coming this December. We knew that someday the field behind us might be turned into a subdivision and it seems that now is the time. I expect that they might start as soon as the weather cooperates. We also always said that as soon as they started to build behind us would be when we started looking into leaving.

We talked quite often of moving into the country over the years. We like the idea of going out our door and having no one watching every move that we make.

Another big consideration is that we are going to move my mother in with us and we need a bigger place in order to do that. My mother is still "young" and in good health but it just seems to make sense not to keep the expense of two houses.

We have looked at a lot of houses... in town and on the edge of town and even at the possibility of building a new house.

It is definitely not a fancy house, although we did look at a lot of those too. But it will be a comfortable house with the space that we need/want for the 3 of us and it is in the country.

So hopefully we are not making a huge mistake :thumbsup2 Although truthfully it is a very scary concept to move after being in one place so long.

HAPPY
MUDDAS
DAY

images

Hello everyone:wave:

I hope you all had a great Mothers day...I had the whole clan over ...it was fun.

Thanks DU, for the good wishes...:)
Brenda,
Sounds like you have had some busy times coming up...Good luck in all your runs!:wizard:

Robin,
A new(to you) house in the country sounds cool!...Its weird at first, but after awhile and putting in stuff that makes it yours, it will be home...:thumbsup2

LONG story, but interesting.....;)
So I call my friend at Southtown ( my old work) to invite her and another to the movies in a couple of weeks....POC!
and I am getting no answer...its suppose to have been open for almost an hr. when I called.
So I call my friends cell...no answer:confused3..She always has her cell on.
So I call my other friend....no answer...Im really wondering here now:confused:
So I call my friends home and her mother answered...no she was suppose to be at work...Hummmm:scratchin
So I talk to Southtowns answering service... they said there is an emergency in progress...WTH???? I said you mean like a sick dog?...they say: No, the police have the place surrounded, and there is a man with a gun in there..:eek:

Well when I finally got the whole story...Everyone is fine,BTW:thumbsup2

This guy had a dog that was quilled, and wanted them removed. He was in the lot when Bryce( a tech) got there. Southtown was still closed. So Bryce told him how much it would probably be and he borrowed Bryces phone to ask his girlfriend. In the meantime Sarah got to work and unlocked the door, and was taking the guys info...when a cop car comes in the lot....the guy glances out the window and asked to use the bathroom, but goes right by the bathroom door and down the stairs leading to the back door/garage door...BUT the door bell didnt ring so Sarah is sure he didnt leave. So as they are wondering about that, the cops call out with a bull horn for Bryce(the only guy they see in the window) to come out with his hands up...So Bryce hands the dog over to Sarah(who BTW is 7 mos. preg.) and goes out...then they are yelling for Sarah to come out...and get facedown ...LOL...I guess they told them they were the workers and there is another door...and were told to go....Turns out...

Some guy stole a car with an onstar in it..and the cops were alerted, so they tracked him to Southtown when he came in to get the dog taken care of...( now is that stupid or what to just drive around your town with a stolen car?.)
Well he did get out somehow, but Bryce gave the cops the # of the call he made with his phone and the cops called it...to find that he had just call his girlfriend and they caught him down the road at a mkt... Idiot!:rolleyes:

Talk about a busy morning at work:upsidedow...LOL Im glad everyone is fine and noone got hurt...BTW...There was no gun found. on him or in the car.... :confused3

Sorry it was a long involved post...But I thought you may be interested.::yes::

I am off to my girlfriends today:car:
Have a good one TKerspixiedust:

TTFNpaw:

Wow Betsy, that is quite the story :faint:

I'm glad that it worked out okay for everyone involved.

That guy sure was not a very smart criminal;) But he must love his dog since he was bringing it in to get help. So I guess he was not all bad.

:wave2:
Yeah, well Im not sure who has the dog now...:confused3 Maybe the girlfriend?

OH and when I was talking to Sarah's Mom about it all, she told me poor Sarah is getting laid off in a month, and they also laid off both Dr. Siefert and her daughter Dr. Danella. So I guess me quitting didnt matter much , I probably would have gotten laid off anyway. They must not be doing well at all....

I am getting ready to go get my hair recolored, and trimmed...I am trying to get it long again so I don't want much cut off.
Then it's over to my moms for a visit, and some shopping....:car:
A nice sunny day today here...still not as warm as Id like...But Ill take what I am given and be thankful....:sunny:

Good day to everyone:wizard:

TTFNpaw:

I am busy working around the house today, trying to get it into "show" condition. Since I am really not much of a motivated housekeeper at the best of times, this requires an awful lot of effort on by part:lmao:

It is sunny here today but a bit too windy which is making it feel chilly.

Enjoy your visit with your mom Betsy.

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA....as you know, I've been cooking and blogging. I've lost 9.5 pounds so far.

Robin - congrats on the new house....when do you move in?

Betsy - we had something like that happen at our vet several years ago....someone barged in early and murdered the tech.....it was grisly. It's weird....most people go their whole life without knowing anyone who was murdered......I know two! Oiy!

Not much happening here except blogging & cooking! I bought a new camera to take better pics. I'm blogged until Monday so hopefully, I'll have good pics then.

Thinking of you, friends!

Who knew vets offices were such dangerous places?:confused3 Crazy stories...good thing you got out of the dangerous atmosphere, Betsy!

Good morning all.

Ann, I don't know for sure when we will move in or even if we will. The deal is not totally finalized and then we have to sell our house first. When you are selling a house you never really know how long that will take. There are some that sell real quickly and others that sit there forever.

The sooner the better though because it is so peaceful out there:goodvibes

Hope your sale happens ASAP, Robin! I don't envy the 'showing' and packing tho. :eek:

Thanks Kim, me neither on both accounts:scared1:

I'm hoping we can show it to one person and sell it to them....... not asking for much am I :lmao:

I will know by tomorrow night exactly what is going to happen. We are in the final stages of negotiation.

Right now as it stands we would have possession at the end of June.

Does Mom have a house that she needs to sell, too? (I work for a real estate attorney, so I'm work-nosy) ;)

Does Mom have a house that she needs to sell, too? (I work for a real estate attorney, so I'm work-nosy) ;)

Yes she does.

We are looking at a situation right now where we are ending up purchasing the new house with no conditions (except for interim financing). So we will quite possibly own two houses (the one that Rick and I live in now and the new one) at the same time. Along with that will be my mom's house that needs to be sold.

It is not an ideal situation but we think (hope?) that the house we are in now will sell fairly easily. We will have at least until the end of June to attempt to sell ours before we have to take possession of the new one. So maybe we will get lucky. Anybody got a crystal ball that they check out for us???

Our house is in a nice neighbourhood, close to several schools (walking distance actually) and there is a playground with access from our street and also the forested area with walking paths.

The major drawback will be that they are going to develop the field behind us into housing. Which is why we want to get out of here, so hopefully not everyone will see it that way ;)

No crystal ball here, but I have some pixiedust: for you!

I'm soo excited for you for the wedding! Jealous, too! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter