Who could replace Alex Trebek?

• tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
    My initial response would be nobody.
    But I'm old enough to remember when Alex Trebek replaced Art Fleming as host of Jeopardy. They said nobody could replace Art Fleming. So if there is money to be made, someone will take it over.

• kaytieeldr

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc
    Yes, Ken Jennings. I mean, nobody can replace Alex but somebody will need to take over the respons

Along with not Michael Strahan (who I like), also not Ryan Seacrest, or Andy Cohen, or Mario Lopez, or any Kardashian, or Steve Harvey, or Alfonso Ribiero...

Maybe Meredith Viera?

Malyficent

Mouseketeer
    Fellow Canadian-American Pat Kiernan! Morning anchor on NY1 - does my favorite segment "In the Papers" where he literally reads articles from the newspapers. He also hosted The World Series of Pop Culture so he's good with the format. Perfect dry humor and wit.

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
    That is really hard to think about, but I do wonder if they've approached Ken Jennings?

Meredith Viera sounds like a good suggestion as well. Or maybe Mayim Bialek?

SaintsManiac

Adventure is out there.
    I just read an article about it on Vulture from last month. They mentioned Gayle King and I can totally see her in that role.

ETA: she hasn’t been asked to do it. They just listed her as someone who could.

Last edited:

karen4546

DIS Veteran
    Henry Cavill-in my dreams-lol
    Alfonso Ribiera in my nightmares- love him but not for game shows
    reality choice-Ken Jennings or Will Ferrell ;)

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates