Who’s already booked for Star Wars land

We expect to go in December this year, but our focus will be Christmas things.
Ours, too.

It would be a bonus if we were able to experience Galaxy's Edge, but I expect it will be very difficult to get a FP for it, so I am trying to keep our expectations low. Runaway Train should be open, so there were still be something new at DHS, and I like the Sunset greetings projections.

Kind of hoping DVC has some kind of SW:GE preview event for Members or passholders while we are there.

Booked for thanksgiving at BWV and hoping for at least previews but would really love a special ticketed event!!

Not SW fans but we're booked at BWV in early December for a conference. I'm hoping that SW:GE hasn't opened at that point but I have a feeling that it will. I'll be avoiding HS if it is.

But why wouldn't you want it open? It'll certainly siphon crowds from everywhere else. Did you see the pictures of 10 minute wait for Peter Pan when TSL opened? You can easily ignore the cosplayers. :)

Heck, even the rest of DHS will benefit. There's probably no better time to ride slinky dog!

Star Wars will bring in people that have never been to Disney in their life. I am going to try to get this trip in during April and lay low for a good while, at the parks anyway.

we decided to not guess when it will open and book a trip. we are going to do another june trip with our neighbors this year and then go again easter of 2020 knowing it will deff be open.

i'm pretty excited about it being open. i really hope it lives up to all the hype.

jim

I booked at BCV hoping to get at least a soft opening for early November if not already opened.

We are! We booked Club Level at AKL for December 5-9 so that we can try to get a crack at the paid fastpasses, if the program is still there.

But why wouldn't you want it open? It'll certainly siphon crowds from everywhere else. Did you see the pictures of 10 minute wait for Peter Pan when TSL opened? You can easily ignore the cosplayers. :)

Heck, even the rest of DHS will benefit. There's probably no better time to ride slinky dog!
Because I believe it will actually attract more people to Disney World entirely. It won't syphon from the other parks so much as it will draw people to Orlando overall. And people will want to see more than SW:GE. It won't be just a 1-day trip to HS and goodbye.

Have booked our home resort BWV for Dec 1-5th...for our 55th Anniversary..then will be switching over to the GF resort hotel for 3 nites for the rest of our trip.....This has been our plan for a few years...if we see SWGE fine if not we will return in 2020....for that..that being said I am a huge Star Wars fan>>!!!!!

Booked for Thanksgiving, but that's just when we wanted to go. The free dining promo ends the last day of Sept, so it could open soon after. I'm undecided on whether or not I'm happy about that, haha!

We are booked for Thanksgiving week, our first Thanksgiving trip. I am hoping it's not open, but that DVC members will get some previews. I doubt that will happen though.

Booked in a 1BR at OKW Dec 1-8, just a normal get away, don't care much about SW open or not.

Last edited:
Will be booking December 4-8 but not specifically for SW. If it's open, great. If not...also great.

We have our December trip booked at the VGF. While I hope SW:GE is open, we go every December anyway so it will be a win win if we get to see SW.

We're going late November through the first week in December, staying at BLT. I'm hoping it'll be open (maybe for DVC previews?!), but I'm not holding my breath. We'll be back, if it's not open yet.

I'm most excited to be there for the Christmas decorations. Our family has never been there during the holidays!

We are booked for mid November and crossing our fingers that it’s NOT open yet LOL

I SO agree. We're booking BCV in September, and hoping that SW land and the Gondolas aren't open yet.

I will be next week. I want to be there for sure Dec. 20, hoping for Galactic Nights but sometimes between Dec. 13-26.

We expect to go in December this year, but our focus will be Christmas things.

Ours, too.

It would be a bonus if we were able to experience Galaxy's Edge, but I expect it will be very difficult to get a FP for it, so I am trying to keep our expectations low. Runaway Train should be open, so there were still be something new at DHS, and I like the Sunset greetings projections.

Kind of hoping DVC has some kind of SW:GE preview event for Members or passholders while we are there.

Both of these. We are planning to be there over Christmas, but having experienced a taste of the holiday decorations (and crowds) over Thanksgiving, I am also hoping to keep our expectations realistic and if we end up mostly spending time looking at the resorts and having a slower-paced trip, that is fine too.

If SW:GE ends up drawing crowds away from the other parks, great; I expect DH the Star Wars fan will really want to see it, and then get really grumpy at all the crowds. We are probably not going to make it there for an AP event, but we can wait a few years until the next great thing arrives somewhere else (Tron coaster? Guardians of the Galaxy?) and then see it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter