White Noise Machine

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
DD has taken up snoring, just enough that I have a hard time sleeping in the same room as her at hotels. Does anyone have a white noise machine that they would recommend? I also have earplugs. Thank you!

I use a Marpac Dohm. They are $50 on Amazon. We have one in each bedroom and always bring one with us when we travel. Worth every penny.

When we needed one for either kid when traveling, we downloaded an app. Tons of free ones out there. May have to test a few to find a sound setting that fits you.

I totally agree with SaintsManiac. We bought one fir dd, then mil then me.
Worth every penny and I bring it wherever we go.
The one time we forgot to send it grandma found an app on her phone. That wirked until about 2 am when she woke up and woke up grandma because the phone fell asleep

A couple of years ago I traveled to Las Vegas with my husband while he had to do some CPE (accountant) courses. We were staying at the Cosmopolitan facing the strip. We were 30 something floors up and had an amazing view. What my husband did not find amazing was the amount of noise that is 24/7. After not getting enough sleep the first night, we happened to find a Brookstone store in one of the shopping areas. We decided to purchase a sound machine to see if that would help him. He still uses it to this day and said it was the best thing about Vegas :rotfl2:. I believe it was the Brookstone Bedside Speaker and Sleep Sounds. It has 12 different sounds and can be timed or continuous and also has Bluetooth capability to connect with your phone or tablet. It was about $100 dollars, but with the everyday use at home and taking it with us when we travel, it was well worth the cost.

Last edited:

I use a white noise app, plus I always run the fan in the room (in the AC unit).

For a while my white noise app was enough to drown out DH snoring. But eventually, even with earplugs and the app it was not enough. I love the HUSHH now. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D50RYSC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is small enough to travel with and has a nightlight you can turn on if needed. Perfect for hotel rooms! It has a USB charger and lasts all night. To me, it is more effective than any app I had tried!

I used to live on a very busy road and I got used to sleeping with a box fan going in the background. The resorts will bring one to you if you asked for it. I've done this many times.

For a while my white noise app was enough to drown out DH snoring. But eventually, even with earplugs and the app it was not enough. I love the HUSHH now. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D50RYSC/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It is small enough to travel with and has a nightlight you can turn on if needed. Perfect for hotel rooms! It has a USB charger and lasts all night. To me, it is more effective than any app I had tried!
This thing is loud. And it’s so small. Someone I know has one for her daughter and I was amazed how well this thing worked.

I use a Marpac Dohm. They are $50 on Amazon. We have one in each bedroom and always bring one with us when we travel. Worth every penny.

Another vote for the dohm here... there are knock-offs at lower prices, but not as “tunable” as the dohm.

We just got back and we just put youtube (just search white noise on there) and played that during the night

Really easy and worked great!

I use the White Noise app. It has several different sounds and you can find the perfect fit for you. I find that white noise is too high pitched for me at night. I typically use brown noise, there's also one that is crickets and night bugs and that reminds me of POR!

I use the relax melodies app. You can set it to turn off in x amount of time or leave it to play all night long. There are tons of free sounds or you can upgrade for even more. I've used it for years and only have found to need the free version. They also have meditations too if you're into those!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter