Whirlwind birthday trip! What to do not in parks on the afternoon/evening of first day?

Microcell

DIS Veteran
Morning! We decided spur of the moment to go to Disney.. next week! We haven’t been in 10 years and it will be the first time just me and DH. He got concerned that we would be “twiddling our thumbs” because I don’t want to pay $250 for that first day for just 6 hours. What suggestions do you all have for us to do from 2pm-10pm on a Sunday not in parks?

Disney Springs comes to mind - shopping, doing the Christmas tree walk, and a nice sit down dinner, possibly followed by dessert and drinks somewhere. The weekends at Disney spring have been pretty crowded lately, however.

You could also do a monorail resort loop crawl, although I do believe Poly’s monorail stop is closed at the moment. Make a dinner reservation at one of the resorts and the take the monorail (or walk from Grand Floridian to Poly) to each of the resorts afterwards. You could even add in taking a boat to Wilderness Lodge.

I would:
1. Do a progressive personal dinner on the monorail line. A cocktail at one place. Then another place for an appetizer. Then a salad and main course. Then a stop for dessert at yet another place followed by an after dinner drink at a final destination.
2. Go over to Disney Springs and do something similar per progressive dining or eat and shop.
3. Go to Wilderness Lodge and the campgrounds and check out Christmas decorations, see horses get a golf cart for exploring etc.
4. Go resort hopping to check out all the wonderful Christmas decorations.
5. Uber to International Drive for dinner.
6. Go to Boardwalk area and catch the gondolas to all resorts they are connected to to see what you can see and holiday decorations.
7. Go to a spa for a couple massage.
8. Walk from the transportation center to and through the Poly to and through the Grand Floridian then to the Magic Kingdom and then to the Contemporary. I can't wait to do this walk each morning when we arrive for our next trip.

Re PP’s post about monorail progressive dinner: currently the only monorail resorts are Contemporary and Grand Floridian.

I don’t think there currently is any Disney transportation between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter