Which would be better to do?

Emagine

DVC Member
Were looking to go next Dec 2010 with another family who lives in Canada. It is a family of 4 so this would make 8 total. I know all about Grand Gatherings and how to book etc. We usually luck up each year with our own trips with codes or email pins for our own little trips or either book a bounce back. They have never been and I know I would be doing the discount research.

Would it be better to do the Grand Gatherings over all or book independently and then try and get our own codes/pins on our own for ease of headache etc. I know they would not get a bounceback because they are not attending with us this winter. I know they cant use our email codes if we were to get that. I dont know if public codes they can use due to being in Canada and I am in the US.

We can book separately and take that part of the work out of it and just meet up, it would not be that hard. How hard would it be to get a table for 8 at dinners each day?

I would love your advice.

If you are going to link the two ressies together, I believe they will want to make it a GG. I'm not sure how getting ADR's for 8 would be. I know they are use to having large groups for dining ressies so I wouldn't think it would be too difficult.

Did you know that you can apply a PIN code that you get in the mail for up to 3 rooms? If you get something, you should be able to use it on both ressies. I *think* on a bounceback you can book multiple rooms, but I'm not 100% sure. You could ask this when you are at WDW this year checking on any bounceback that you might have.

Thing is were paying separately and booking that way too with GG. GG told us we could do this and have a ressie (like a group number) to link us so rooms are together but we could not take advantage or email pins and codes etc. Were not paying the deposit for them and vise versa.

What if you booked the rooms before the pin code arrives, such that each of you pay the deposit seperately, and then call & get the rooms linked via GG. Once you get a pin code I would think you could have it applied to all the rooms associated with the GG.

I think I would call and see if I got a different answer from another CM. I've seen on the boards where people have had PINs applied to 3 rooms in a GG (or even not in a GG) and I'm sure in some of those scenarios each room was paying independently.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter