Which would be better at DCA?

teri

DIS Veteran
Friday night or Saturday morning?

I ask because I cannot do marathon days at any park, due to health reasons and also because I have 2 special needs kids with me... so I am trying to figure out which day would work best for us. We will be staying at the DLP, so we have to go - I wouldn't be able to stop my kids if I tried. :) Would the DCA be fun for kids after dark? Or would daytime be better? Are there shady areas during hot sunshine?

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

Well, since it's been pouring and COLD for the past few days, sunshine hasn't exactly been a problem. :)

I'd go for Saturday morning, get there early and ride as much as you can before crowds build. If the weather is good I'd expect much higher crowds. Attendance at DCA since opening has been VERY low, no doubt partially due to the nasty weather we've had lately. That won't last forever, though, and I'm sure crowds will pick up.

Have fun! :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

Well, you didn't mention when you would be there so I'll just add that the palm trees they planted won't be good for much shade for at least a year or 2. There are umbrellas over some of the outdoor eating areas. Given the recent weather (hey, it IS winter) I wouldn't worry too much if you will be going in the very near future.

The lighting of all the rides at night is the only thing that is different once the sun sets. It does make for a pretty picture and well worth going in the evening just to see it.

You really have a trade off on Friday evening vs. Saturday morning. Crowds start early on Saturdays so arriving early too won't save you from long lines unless you run. Fridays will have slightly smaller crowds but all the fast passes might be used up. I would suggest Friday as the crowds are smaller in general and everything will be illuminated, but that is just me.

We'll be there from 2/23 PM to 2/25 PM. There will be plenty of time to do DL, we have APs there. I am not sure if the DLP has any special length-of-stay ticket deals for resort guests for DCA... playing it by ear. Except for meets, of course. :)

Just got back from WDW... Magic Kingdom doesn't come close to Disneyland. :)

galc.gif

"My brain takes a vacation just to give my heart more room..."
teri@iluvdisney.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter