Which site is more accurate, Kenny the Pirate or Touring Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are great. I try to pick a day that is recommended by both. I find it to be pretty accurate. Although I typically go during Easter so always expect insane crowds anyway =)

I am looking at the wait times for Magic Kingdom (and other parks right now). I would say KTP is way more accurate than Touring Plans today (and possibly the rest of this week). Wait times are crazy long.

I would say that "most crowded park" is a little played out. If the RESORT is busy, MK will bear the brunt because it's the most popular. It's also relatively small so doesn't soak up crowds as well as say EPCOT.

I believe you have to zoom out and look at the time period you are going. That's a better indicator of OVERALL crowds than any particular day. Most people will park hop and end up wherever the latest park opening is.

I used TP for our Easter trip this year. They were spot on. I almost cancelled because everywhere else said it was going to be crazy crowded. I followed TP days & we were fine! A most enjoyable trip.

I used TP for our Easter trip this year. They were spot on. I almost cancelled because everywhere else said it was going to be crazy crowded. I followed TP days & we were fine! A most enjoyable trip.
I'm curious as to what dates you traveled.

I subscribed to Touring plans and was looking at dates to visit Mk. I had picked a Wednesday with extra magic hours in the evening. Touring Plans said that the crowd levels should be really low. I just checked the same date on Kenny the pirate and that site says it is the worst park to visit. Which is more accurate? My adrs date is coming up and I don't want to be visiting mk at a time when crowd levels are insane. Thanks

Looking at both sites, I don't see where they disagree. Both say there will moderate crowds. The number TP has listed for MK is a moderate number. The only difference is that Kenny's site lists it as the worst park and TP has it less crowded than another park. Even the worst park, with moderate crowds is not too bad. I wouldn't worry about it, I would go to MK that day, worst park or not. Worst park during moderate crowds is way better than best park during insane crowds.

I have found TP to estimate a bit low when there are EMH involved. Even so, worst case scenario, MK will be a bit over half of capacity. That's a good day at Disney to me. Don't let the red block scare you. :rainbow:

Looking at both sites, I don't see where they disagree. Both say there will moderate crowds. The number TP has listed for MK is a moderate number. The only difference is that Kenny's site lists it as the worst park and TP has it less crowded than another park. Even the worst park, with moderate crowds is not too bad. I wouldn't worry about it, I would go to MK that day, worst park or not. Worst park during moderate crowds is way better than best park during insane crowds.

I have found TP to estimate a bit low when there are EMH involved. Even so, worst case scenario, MK will be a bit over half of capacity. That's a good day at Disney to me. Don't let the red block scare you. :rainbow:
Thank you. That red block did indeed set of sirens in my head. I got the little flashing warning sign.

Both are great. I try to pick a day that is recommended by both. I find it to be pretty accurate. Although I typically go during Easter so always expect insane crowds anyway =)
Are you going over Easter 2018? Which park would you recommend for Easter Sunday?

If you chose the red block MK today, you would have picked the 3rd worst day for Magic Kingdom this year. There's a big difference between attending on a red park day and a green park day.

Kenny!
WTH did I accidentally download from your site? And, how do I get rid of it????

If you chose the red block MK today, you would have picked the 3rd worst day for Magic Kingdom this year. There's a big difference between attending on a red park day and a green park day.

Not today. April 18th, 2018

Your calendar clearly says "Insane Crowds" for this week.

For the week in question it says "Moderate Crowds." A worst park on a moderate crowd day is not going to be a "worst day" situation.

I realize the green park is the ideal situation, but depending on the overall crowd situation, I see the 4/18 as manageable, even by your calendar.

Last edited:

WHOA!! I knew looking at the wait times that MK was bad yesterday, but 3rd worst day of the year!! Was it wall to wall people?! My BIL and SIL are there and were at MK all day yesterday. Can't wait to hear about that. They usually only go in January.

I don't use crowd calendars .. I don't see the point as there is just too many unknown factors to accurately determine crowds unless you are WDW itself and knows how many Fast Passes have been scheduled for any particular day and/or how full the resorts are.

I just pick a "general" good time of year (aka . .not a holiday, not Spring Break, etc.) and just go with the flow. Just plan when YOU want to go and go with it. There is no "perfect" time to go anymore I feel.

Maybe look at EMH and schedule with/around that depending on your preference. (I like EMH mornings as you can get so much done in that first two hours, but it does make the park feel more crowded as lunch nears).

I feel the crowd calendars are like the weather report. They give you a general idea, but you really won't know until the day arrives.
I also feel crowd calendars are a self-fulfilling prophecy -- they've been reporting on the "slow" times to go for so long that those times are no longer slow because tons of people have heard that is the best time to go.

In some ways, it feels like you may be better off going in the summer (if you can stand the heat) as the parks are running at full capacity and people may be avoiding those times because of the heat and the perception of being super crowded.

WHOA!! I knew looking at the wait times that MK was bad yesterday, but 3rd worst day of the year!! Was it wall to wall people?! My BIL and SIL are there and were at MK all day yesterday. Can't wait to hear about that. They usually only go in January.
I'd be interested in hearing their experience, too. Wait times pushed the actual TP crowd level to '10' yesterday at MK. Yuck.

I use both KtP is tops for characters simply amazing. Personally i prefer TouringPlans, mainly due to the fact that I was raised to do disney with the Unofficial Guide in hand i still have the 94 edition, but you can't go wrong with either site

Kenny only one who is predicting high crowds for Jersey Week (first in November)-all the others have 4-6 level crowd predictions. From everything I have seen and read so far, and based upon last year, I'm guessing he will be the only one who was right about that week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!