Which site is more accurate, Kenny the Pirate or Touring Plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say that Kenny has been on the money for this trip. Not that I followed his advice around rating busyness of parks, but he was def accurate with how busy they were. Because we had great plans, good fast passes and we hopped, the level of park busyness wasn't an issue for us. They trump crowd levels IMO.

I couldn't rate his character locator more, DD filled 2 autograph books thanks to Kenny. And his suggested plans I incorporated into our days too, here and there. We didn't wait longer than 30 minutes for anything, and over 20 was rare (mostly character things when we couldn't be bothered doing something else and checking back later).

Glad you had a terrific trip! That's what it's all about

Last edited:
We were there from 1/27 through 2/3, parks on 1/28 through 2/2. For our trip, while TP missed the actual crowd numbers, they had the trend more correct than KTP. Meaning, while crowds were higher than expected, the parks they predicted to be "best" were more likely to be the best park than the ones that KTP suggested as best. Same thing happened for the worst park recommendations, though AK made that more difficult for both sites. I also appreciate the constructive conversations that I've had and seen with Len vs. the sometimes snarky comments from KTP. So, my money will continue to go to Touring Plans.

Assume that both are using statistical models to evaluate the days. Assume that both are weighing their data differently. Look at both sites (or a 3rd) and make your best guess as to what will work for you. But whatever you do, KTP has the absolute best character locator hands down. It's as if he has the Disney schedule.

Because this thread has cycled through a few times and the OP’s question was answered a few months ago, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter