Which rides are jerky?

One I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Kilimanjaro Safaris at AK. They can be extremely bumpy, I remember feeling like I was bouncing the whole time...it would not be good with a bad neck.

Is there any rides that aren't jerky? they all bounce around, accelerate or even bump into each other (boats). Also if it happens to emergency stop, they'll throw you forward real fast. Even people mover when it pickes up speed can catch you off guard and throw your head back.

OP: Can you give us some real life situations of what is too bumpy? Riding in a car for example?

One I haven't seen mentioned yet is the Kilimanjaro Safaris at AK. They can be extremely bumpy, I remember feeling like I was bouncing the whole time...it would not be good with a bad neck.

this exactly! we just got back from a trip and my husband and i both almost got sick sitting in the back of the jeep. probably not good for your neck.

Safari is quite bumpy, too.

I had to avoid jostly rides our last trip there (though it wasn't my neck, so you may be a little different). Honestly, we did a LOT of walking around to take in the atmosphere and people-watching. We watched a LOT of shows (Tiki Room, Carousel of Progress, American Adventure, Tough to be a Bug, movies, etc.), too.

The rides DH and I deemed safest for me were the TTA, Buzz Lightyear, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh (though the cars do bounce, but not terribly hard), Little Mermaid, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Small World, Soarin', Gran Fiesta Tour, the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch/Conservation Station, Great Movie Ride and Toy Story Midway Mania (though I might avoid that with a neck problem - it's jerky when you whip around to new games).

i think it's hard for us to really help you since we don't know how much movement is too much. As mentioned before, even the calm boat rides can end with the boat behind you hitting your boat and that'll jerk your neck. If you're really supposed to avoid all rides that have the potential of moving your neck I'd honestly stick to shows, character meet and greets and walking around (which is a lot!!:) )and not take the chance of hurting myself. Again, I don't know how careful you really need to be...you should consult your doctor, that's probably what I would do.

Space Mountain is the worst for me. Dinosaur is jerky too, but at least I felt secure in my seat. I didn't think I was going to fall out of Space Mountain or anything, but the seats are huge and it's a bar rather than a belt enclosure. My hips hurt from being tossed side to side!

[QUOTECan you give us some real life situations of what is too bumpy? Riding in a car for example?][/QUOTE] No nothing that extreme. Just doctor said no coasters and jerky rides. It's been seven years since we were at WDW and I had no issues then, so I'm having a hard time remembering what rides were whipping my head around!

Primeval Whirl is like being stuck in a malfunctioning blender before becoming a human slingshot, and then finally being dropped in slow motion from a 10 foot bridge. Oh, hell no! Never again!!

The Speedway about killed my back the last time I rode it! My car would NOT steer, so it was going all over the track slamming around.

Primeval Whirl is like being stuck in a malfunctioning blender before becoming a human slingshot, and then finally being dropped in slow motion from a 10 foot bridge. Oh, hell no! Never again!!

All of that is exactly why I love that ride! And yes, I usually end up bruised but I think it is worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter