• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Restaurant?

Minne2004

Earning My Ears
Which restaurant do you think Children 10 years old would like the best T Rex or Chef Mickey's?

Depends if they like dinosaurs or Mickey and pals. T-Rex is loud, has cool dinosaurs. Food from menu. Chef Mickey has the characters with personal interaction, a selection of choices to eat.

I’m moving this over to the restaurant board.

By 10 my girls weren’t as into the characters as they were when they were younger. At 10 they enjoyed:

Afternoon Tea at GF (not sure this has returned yet)
Be Our Guest
Coral Reef
Liberty Tree Tavern
Beaches & Cream (kitchen sink)

I think it's a matter of choice: Micky or dinos? Pretty different, food should work out either way.

At that age, if my kids had to choose between the two, they'd pick Chef Mickey's every time. It's classic Disney and the characters interact with the kids (and adults). T-rex is a look at only place and it's very loud-like can't have a decent conversation loud. My kids liked it, but they still ask to go to CM sometimes (we went last trip and had a blast), and the youngest are now 18.

The fact that my kids are over character meals at 8 & 11 and that kids 10 & over are charged the adult price at buffets/prix fixe/family style would make me say T-Rex.

At that age, my kids would've picked neither. They adored Coral Reef for the aquarium, loved Sci-Fi, loved 50s Prime Time. But those were my boys. They weren't into character meals at that age and had pretty much outgrown dinos. Go figure.

I'd have to vote for Chef Mickey's. Granted, we have a T-Rex where we live, so that could influence my opinion. I'd agree to ask your kids though, they may surprise you. Mine are 15 and 12 and still enjoy character meals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter