Which resort with a 10 month old?

We did this 2 christmases ago. We also had a 2 year old in tow with our 10 month old. Transit wont be as big of a problem with just one little one on a bus. One person holds the baby, the other grabs the stroller (it gets trickier with 2!) We rented a studio at BWV it gives walking access/ boat access to 2 parks and is cheaper than the MK resorts. We split time pretty evenly at all 4 parks so it was the obvious choice... As others have said, little, little ones will sleep in the stroller wherever you are so breaks aren't as crucial. Transferring in and out of the stroller on the busses is a hassle during crowded times first thing and at the end of the day, but midday not as much.

We are locals, and thanks to COVID haven't gone to the parks much lately, but we took our baby to Disney a lot during the beginning of the year. He was born in December and we started taking him when he was about a month old. Obviously, at that age he was napping a LOT but we never planned breaks or going home around his schedule. We used our stroller/car seat combo since he was so little and whenever it was nap time we'd close up the car seat part, put on white noise (phone + bluetooth speaker - people always looked at us funny but it WORKS), and he'd nap for as long as we kept on the white noise. Now he's 7 months and only taking two naps per day, and we plan our trips around his wake windows. Last weekend we went to Epcot and as we were leaving the park I realized he wasn't making noise and said to my husband, uh, did he just fall asleep? Sure enough, he was PASSED OUT in the stroller. I credit the fan we had pointed at him - breeze + white noise = sleep, apparently. Although it totally messed up his naps for the day, it was a relief knowing he can sleep in the regular stroller. Around 10 months old your baby will probably be taking two naps per day, so if you can get away with having them nap in the stroller for the first nap and going back to the resort for the second, that'll give you a lot more time in the parks. We've had lovely meals while our baby was passed out in the stroller. :D

We are locals, and thanks to COVID haven't gone to the parks much lately, but we took our baby to Disney a lot during the beginning of the year. He was born in December and we started taking him when he was about a month old. Obviously, at that age he was napping a LOT but we never planned breaks or going home around his schedule. We used our stroller/car seat combo since he was so little and whenever it was nap time we'd close up the car seat part, put on white noise (phone + bluetooth speaker - people always looked at us funny but it WORKS), and he'd nap for as long as we kept on the white noise. Now he's 7 months and only taking two naps per day, and we plan our trips around his wake windows. Last weekend we went to Epcot and as we were leaving the park I realized he wasn't making noise and said to my husband, uh, did he just fall asleep? Sure enough, he was PASSED OUT in the stroller. I credit the fan we had pointed at him - breeze + white noise = sleep, apparently. Although it totally messed up his naps for the day, it was a relief knowing he can sleep in the regular stroller. Around 10 months old your baby will probably be taking two naps per day, so if you can get away with having them nap in the stroller for the first nap and going back to the resort for the second, that'll give you a lot more time in the parks. We've had lovely meals while our baby was passed out in the stroller. :D
Thank you! This is very helpful to know! Already had a portable sound machine on the registry, but glad to hear it's actually going to be helpful!

Thank you! This is very helpful to know! Already had a portable sound machine on the registry, but glad to hear it's actually going to be helpful!

The white noise machine is the absolute best thing we bought as new parents. We sleep trained early, but with white noise and blackout curtains it helped him start sleeping through the night at 5 months. And having the portable speaker made it so we could get him to sleep anywhere.

The white noise machine is the absolute best thing we bought as new parents. We sleep trained early, but with white noise and blackout curtains it helped him start sleeping through the night at 5 months. And having the portable speaker made it so we could get him to sleep anywhere.

I have to disagree with this. Don't make it so your baby can only sleep if there are certain conditions, especially making it too quiet. What if those conditions can't be met? This was actually the best advice that I got from other moms when I was pregnant. When mine were little, we carried on like normal whenever they went down for their naps. I would vacuum, clean, walk past their rooms, watch TV, talk on the phone, all normal daily activities. My kids could sleep anywhere, no matter the conditions. They slept on the plane, on the bus, in the stroller, at grandma's, etc.

I have to disagree with this. Don't make it so your baby can only sleep if there are certain conditions, especially making it too quiet. What if those conditions can't be met? This was actually the best advice that I got from other moms when I was pregnant. When mine were little, we carried on like normal whenever they went down for their naps. I would vacuum, clean, walk past their rooms, watch TV, talk on the phone, all normal daily activities. My kids could sleep anywhere, no matter the conditions. They slept on the plane, on the bus, in the stroller, at grandma's, etc.

Respectfully, the point of the white noise machine is to make it so he can sleep anywhere. The white noise is just a cue that now it's sleep time. Recently he fell asleep in his stroller at Epcot and while we were eating at Disney Springs. Outside noise doesn't bother him and he'll sleep as long as we keep it on.

Respectfully, the point of the white noise machine is to make it so he can sleep anywhere. The white noise is just a cue that now it's sleep time. Recently he fell asleep in his stroller at Epcot and while we were eating at Disney Springs. Outside noise doesn't bother him and he'll sleep as long as we keep it on.

I understand what you are saying. I would just worry that, what if my child learns to sleep ONLY with the white noise machine on and it breaks. I would not want to have an over tired, cranky baby that can't seem to fall asleep because they have learned to sleep only if it has that certain sound. That's all.

I can’t even tell you how strongly I recommend bringing a kid that age to Disneyland, where everything is in walking distance, instead of Disney World, where if you find out your kid won’t nap in a stroller, a 2 hour nap takes 4.5 hours of walking, waiting, buses, more walking, nap time, more walking, more waiting, another bus, and more walking.

The parks are also physically smaller so a lot less stroller pushing.

We took our son to DL at 11 months and it was the best Disney decision we’ve ever made.

Something to think about.

VGF. Spectacularly beautiful Christmas tree and decorations in the main lobby and will be walkable to MK by the time of your trip. And a perfect pool for little ones right next to the villas building, with zero-entry.

I would pick whichever resort you prefer and not make the nap issue the deciding factor. You really have no idea how your baby will be at Disney. I took my daughter at 11 months and while she was normally a great napper in the stroller, she didn’t take a single nap in the parks since she was too into what was going on. I didn’t have any issue with taking her back to the All Star resorts from any of the parks for her nap after lunch. The only advice I will give is to be flexible with FP and make sure to get the rides you really can’t miss for early in the morning.

I just was at Disney with a 9 month old and stayed at the Polynesian. It was PERFECT. With a stroller, it's so easy to hop on the monorail to MK, or take a quick walk to Transportation and Ticket center and hop on monorail to Epcot. He also enjoyed the boat ride over to MK. Because of close proximity, we could come back in the afternoon for a nap and then go back to the park for a 5:30 dinner reservation. Also, the polynesian villas have 2 bathrooms and the pack n play fit in the the small bath, making it a nice dark room for him to nap in while we were in the main part of the room. I would highly recommend Poly!

When my youngest was six months old, we stayed at the Contemporary. It was SUPER convenient because it was an easy walk to MK and monorail to Epcot (our two main parks). For both of those, he was able to stay in the stroller. And with being in walking distance to MK, I was easily able to take him back to the room by myself without struggling with a stroller.

I definitely think Bay Lake Towers is a great choice!

I love The Poly BUT we just stayed at BLT and the splash pad there is so simple and easy for babies and they have a zero entry pool (as does Poly). The ability to walk to MK would be the final factor for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter