Which park would you leave out?Why?

I would skip DHS. Although Tower of Terror is one of my favorite rides in all of the parks, this is my least favorite park by a mile. I could easily do (and have done) this park in an hour - ride Tower of Terror (twice) and Star Tours then leave.

EP is my favorite park so I can't imagine skipping that. Yes the rides were better before (how I miss you Future World of my youth) but I like the food/snack and general atmosphere of Epcot. This is our only full day park.

MK is the one with the most rides and, for me, it encompasses what Disney represents so I would not skip it. Although as I have grown older, I would say this has slipped down to my #3 park in WDW. When we go in August, we are only planning a half day here and only plan to ride 6-7 rides.

AK has three of my favorite rides in all of the parks with Everest, Safari, and Dinosaur (it is the only park that has more than one favorite ride). It also has my favorite show in all the parks - Festival of the Lion King. I am not a zoo person so I don't do the trails or the stuff in Dinoland which is why we are not at AK a full day but I can't imagine missing those three rides. A few years ago this was my least favorite park and now, it has surpassed MK for my #2.

A lot depends on how often you go, what parks you visited the last time.

Me...I'd probably skip AK if I was on a solo trip and could only go to three parks. Not because I don't like it. I love it. But that was the most visited park in our last two trips. My DGD loves it.

My DH would say Epcot. DGD was bored by World Showcase. However, I think we rushed through it too much; as a resut, we missed the little details. Plus we missed out on fastpasses to Soarin. That's my only regret last trip.

DHS...probably skipable, except I loved TSMM. And I'm an American Idol geek...I'd probably watch every performance of AI Experience that day.

And, of course, you cannot skip MK.

I would skip either AK or HS because MK is just so magical and Epcot has so much delicious food and drink available. :goodvibes

I'd rather get hoppers than leave a park out entirely, but if I *had* to pick one to skip, it'd be AK. The safari and Everest are the only things we feel the need to do there every trip...for the shows and Rafiki's, we tend to let a few years pass between revisiting them. And you could cut Dinoland off the park without us noticing a loss.

For us, it would be Animal Kingdom. We're two adults, so AK has the fewest attractions that appeal to us. With the exception of Dinosaur, we can skip Dino Land completely. We aren't huge fans of the shows, and the trails don't take us long. We also skip Rafiki's Planet Watch - it takes us longer to get there than we actually spend there. AK is usually a half day park for us, and a park we only visit once per trip. We like Animal Kingdom and appreciate it for what it is, but just find there's more to do at the other three parks.

I could have written this. DH and I feel the same way about AK, plus it closes early.

Animal Kingdom. I'm allergic to "pet hair" and can only stand to be in the park for about half a day anyway. :rotfl: It is sad missing Festival of the Lion King but there's so much to do at the other three parks that I can live without it.

I'd skip DHS and have many times. Other than TSMM and the Muppet movie, I can pass on everything else. I do see the other attractions when we go for my family's sake, but I really don't care to go on them if optional.

Epcot.

We are going for 5 days this fall and doing 3 days at MK, 1 day at AK and an evening at HS.

We have a 3 year old and this will be her 6th trip (4th in a year), so we know what she likes. She might like Epcot in the future, but for now, aside from the princess dinner and meeting Anna and Elsa, Epcot can't hold her attention. But honestly, my DH doesn't really like it either!

Epcot.

We are going for 5 days this fall and doing 3 days at MK, 1 day at AK and an evening at HS.

We have a 3 year old and this will be her 6th trip (4th in a year), so we know what she likes. She might like Epcot in the future, but for now, aside from the princess dinner and meeting Anna and Elsa, Epcot can't hold her attention. But honestly, my DH doesn't really like it either!

I was really surprised when my then 4 year old picked Epcot as her favorite park. She was fascinated with spaceship earth and the entertainers in ws

I'd probably rotate between skipping DHS and Epcot and actually have the past few years. Although, I love Epcot, it just doesn't have as much for my 3 year old and we will have our 9 month old with us too and it's so hot at Epcot. I'm going to do my best to give DHS a fair shot this trip. I feel like I've glazed over it the past few times I've been. It really doesn't help that DHS has the weakest CS food at WDW.

I'm not sure I could skip AK. I have always loved this park! It's so beautiful and perfectly themed.

Without a doubt DHS. I would be sad that I wouldn't be able to ride Star Tours, explore Hollywood & Sunset Blvds and see Muppetvision but there really isn't much else that I would go out of my way to see or do. I can't see myself ever actually skipping it but I also can't see myself spending a whole lot of time there in the future.

Always go to MK. Not even an option to skip MK.

You will get votes and ideas for others. park Hopping could alleviate the need to leave out the others.

3 day plan:
1 day MK
1 day Epcot
1 Day DHS->AK or AK->DHS

or 3 day plan:

1 day MK
1 day MK->Epcot
1 Day DHS->AK or AK->DHS

Another option is to add one day to your ticket and rope drop AK on the last day and leave by noon. We do this to get a second AK day and then we leave for the airport.

Our last trip was DHS, Epcot, BB and TL, followed by a few days at the dark side.

It was difficult deciding which parks to exclude. We based our decision on a number of factors.

Which parks are favorites. (Epcot is the fave of everyone in our family so that was a no brainer. We have attractions we love in every park so we didn't really focus on that.)

Time of year (We were traveling in the heat of July and tent camping, so water parks sounded like a life saver. Plus, we really like how relaxing they feel. Days and days of crowds, heat, and lines tend to wear us down.)

Crowd levels (Like I mentioned, crowds wear on us. MK definitely feels the most crowded. Add the new FL, and we felt it just wasn't worth it for that particular trip. We truly love the MK, but we have to spread it out over a couple days. I know we would be stressed trying to hit all the rides we love in one day with those crowd levels.)

New attractions/Attractions we had never experienced/Attractions that may be gone by our next visit. (The Star Wars ride was changed since our last trip. And we heard Muppets may soon disappear. Nothing was changing at AK, so DHS sounded like the better choice.)

Park Hours. (DHS has longer hours than AK. Since the Disney portion of our trip wasn't very long, I thought it might be important to have the option of late nights and evening shows. So, we decided to skip AK.)

That's how we came to our decision.

Think about your group and their expectations for the trip, and make the best call for your situation. Good Luck!

I do realize the replies are very subjective, but I like reading everyone's reasoning.

We have plans to head to Disney in July. This will be our young teens second visit; first visit was in 2006. Only my third visit (all as an adult) and I have little interest in rides (back issues). My husband has been more times than he can count, has little interest in going, but is quick to advise that Epcot is his favorite. So . . . For us, we are planning on Epcot taking two (not consecutive) days. One child is really excited about this, since she is VERY interested in taking her time in World Showcase, while the other child is already bored just reading about Epcot. For that daughter, we are planning two days in MK, so she can ride to her heart's content. Both of them want to experience T of T, and I love the shows and scenery, so a DHS day is required. That means no AK for us, which everyone seems to be okay with. We happen to live near a fabulous zoo, and hate to waste a Disney Day looking at animals. (Not enough rides for the kids to care.)

Hollywood Studios.
Not every trip, but this year we are skipping it. We will be traveling with a 15 month old and don't feel we'd have much fun at DHS with him. He can't ride much and he'll never sit still through all the shows, he's even too young for Disney Jr. The big kids were ok with this decision (they help me plan). They love DHS but agree that it won't be worth it with the little one.

AK. The "safari" is meh after being on a real one. We have a great zoo here where we live. Sure, it's something to do, but it's the first something I would drop.

Could also give or take DHS given the ages of my kids. Too big for Disney Jr. stuff, too scared to ride the big coasters yet.

We were in Disney in Nov/Dec for 4 weeks and May for 3 weeks and we didn't even THINK about going to AK.

But...unlike a lot of people on this thread we couldn't imagine not going to EPCOT. Far and away the park we spend the most time.....huge park so lots to see and do, fun rides (we like rides definitely, but I don't think we are ride junkies like some of ya'll, lol). But most of all we love the interaction with the CMs in World Showcase......we have been known to just wander a country looking for a friendly CM to chat with, lol.

Ok, ok, and the food.....we love to do our "eat around the world" a couple times each trip, lol. Since we (me and two teen daughters) have no problem with sharing a plate of food we usually just buy one meal and share it......though NO ONE is ever going to make my daughter share her ice cream in France, lol. Trying, even jokingly, can risk great bodily harm. So the other daughter and I share one and Her Highness gets her own. And she ALWAYS wants to try "just a bite" of whatever flavor we picked. Yeah, but I still love her.

Easy, Animal Kingdom. I actually did leave it out two years ago (I could have gone but I wanted a non-park day). I just do Safari, EE, Dinosaur and if it's warm enough the River Rapids ride and I"m done. I can do that park in less than three hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter