Which Park Will Ease Restrictions First????

Which Park Will Ease Restrictions First???

• Universal will ease up first.

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Disney will ease up first.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both will ease up at the same time.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Neither will lift any restrictions anytime soon!!!

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other...please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Erica Ladd

DIS Veteran
I'm not sure which forum is best to put this in so feel free to move it. I know Universal is opening first, with Disney parks to open more than a month later. I am wondering which park/resort will ease up on restrictions first, considering that FL will do their phases across the board. Yes, I'm thinking of which trip will be the most free/relaxing/non-restrictive!!! I realize this is all speculation but lately, hey, what isn't?????

i would say that all restrictions will probably be in place 10 years from now, regardless of if there's a need for it or not. doesn't matter what florida is doing, as the parks are already a lot stricter than fl. simply because once these things are put in, they're almost impossible to get rid of. But if I turn out to be wrong, I'd say it'd be universal

Last edited:
Just optics and my opinion, Universal is clearly more nimble and on the ball. I get that WDW is a much larger organization and therefore much more complex, but I do think they missed the opportunity to reopen earlier and I suspect things in our world will be different by the time the parks actually open. I also think Disney is so sensitive to every move they make, they are glad to let Universal open first whether it was intended or not.

Many of the social distancing protocols, signage, marketing, etc can be removed and modified with little effort, like mask policies, dining capacity limits, resort room limits, etc. can be changed fast too. As far as pretending it's Fall of 2020 right now and will the policies be the same????? I say no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter