Which Park on Which Day Help?

chris1212

Mouseketeer
Hi, just trying to figure out which parks make the most sense on which days and would like some help! We have been lots of times before, but would like to get some feedback on what our best options are. Staying off-site, so haven't booked any FP's yet.

First park day is Monday January 14th - was thinking HS, but is has EMM. Should we switch and go to MK that day? But everything I have learned over the years is never go to MK on a Monday. It's also just after marathon weekend too.

Tuesday January 15th - MK if we don't go the previous day, but again, now MK has EMM this day. Is it not good hitting two EMM's in a row? If no MK, was thinking AK?

Wednesday - day off

Thursday Jan 17th - HS

Friday Jan 18th - Epcot

Any help is much appreciated!!

EMM is not going to make a difference.

This. EMM is a paid event, and very limited. Doesn't bring much extra traffic into the parks.

EMH (when onsite guests get to enter the parks before everyone else) DOES have a pretty significant impact on traffic. THAT is what I would plan around, especially if I had no intention of going early or if I was staying offsite.

We are definitely avoiding EMH's in the morning. Does evening EMH's effect daytime crowds much if we will be gone by dinnertime?

We are definitely avoiding EMH's in the morning. Does evening EMH's effect daytime crowds much if we will be gone by dinnertime?

It could, because you will run into the folks who start the day in one park and head over to the park with evening Magic hours after lunch knowing they can get a longer day out of it.

I use touringplans.com crowd prediction calendar for help. I'm old school & physically write each parks hours and all EMH & EMM times for each day of my trip & 2 days before I arrive & 1 day after I leave. I consider if I'm on site & will use EMH or will be offsite & avoiding EMH. I always plan a mid day nap & park hop for evening. I start plugging in obvious things, like I'm off site & there's a night EMH at MK til 1am, so the next morning I'll plan to rope drop MK assuming thousands from the late night before will not be at the same park the next morning early or I'm on site & DHS has late EMH only one day while I'm there & I keep filling in more & more half days until I'm near the end & see if I'm in one park too much & another not enough & start shuffling.

No MK on a weekend - too busy any time of the year

When I was staying offsite, I'd always go to each park the day AFTER their EMH day, if possible. Worked well every time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter