• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which park is least terrible on a level 10 day?

We are also thinking of thanksgiving. It's least crowded time when we can go between then Christmas and Easter (well, we could do last week of august which I'm for but the family says they'd rather crowds than heat).

My question is can you get quite a bit done in the morning? Thinking of doing a park for rope drop and riding the rides we really want. After a couple hours hop to another park and use our 3 FP there. After that try for another FP anywhere and if we can't get something we like just take in the atmosphere or go to the less popular attractions (if too crowded maybe head back the the resort for the pool).

I'm used to low crowd times so really not sure how to plan. I hate the thought of not being able to be spontaneous though. When we've gone in January and February you could hop to a park and waits for most (not all) the rides were under an hour. As long as we can get quite a bit of rides in early, thinking most major rides in each park (minus 7d which we will FP and Peter Pan and frozen which arent a must), I think we will be ok though.

This is all good to hear as we are planning a trip that week as well. Which days would you recommend MK if we avoid it on Thanksgiving Day? I was thinking Sunday before and Tuesday since I hear Saturdays and Mondays are the worst and they have EMH on Wednesday nights.

I'd have to say Epcot. DO NOT attempt Hollywood Studios on a "10" day. With half the park being closed it really creates a "VERY crowded" atmosphere in the open areas. :tink:

Animal Kingdom on a hot crowded day is my own version of hell.

I've been to WDW during 8-10 crowd days and "low crowd" times, and really, at like 2pm it's busy and annoying everywhere. That's why we always do early am, have lunch, head back to the hotel from like 2-6. Head back out for dinner and fireworks.

Well this is Thanksgiving and following two days, so I'm thinking 10s are a pretty sure bet! Also staying for 3 more days after than, so hopefully will get some low crowd time too.

We went for Thanksgiving this year and we found all parks completely do-able. We didn't rope drop either.

I did AK on a NYE, and it was fine, busy but ok. So for that day, I would say AK. But in July, I would say Epcot. NOT MK.

We were in Epcot this past year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We went in expecting it to be busy, and it was a 9 according to TP, but we got a lot more done than we expected, and we didn't even arrive until noon. We had a lunch reservation at GG, did a couple of fast passes, and went into World Showcase towards our dinner reservation in Morocco. Then we made our way back to watch Illuminations. It did feel crowded but there was so much to see, it worked out great.

First choice on an anticipated level 10 day. . . skip the parks!

IF we had a park day to burn on our (non hopping) MYW tickets (ie 5 day stay and 5 day tickets, so skipping the parks would "waste" a park day), on a level 10 day; I would avoid any parks with morning or evening Extra Magic Hours; and likely plan to arrive as early as possible and leave as early as comfortable for all. . .

I'm gonna say MK because there are more attractions that suck up the crowd. I mean, Epcot might be easier to navigate and hang out in, but what is there to do when Living with the Land has a 70 minute wait? At MK, you can usually still hit the Tiki Room or CoP within a cycle or two.

Agreed. When all of the lines at EPCOT are long, there's not much else to do. At least at MK you can go on the peoplemover or cool off in the Hall of Presidents. Plus, dole whips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter