Which park is least terrible on a level 10 day?

Best: Epcot or AK due to size

Worst: MK

I don't put too much into estimated crowd numbers though. Half the time it says a 3 and it's a 10, half the time it says a 9 and it's a 2

Well this is Thanksgiving and following two days, so I'm thinking 10s are a pretty sure bet! Also staying for 3 more days after than, so hopefully will get some low crowd time too.

I actually really dislike AK on a really crowded day, especially if it's hot. Just so hard to get around through all the nooks/crannies/various paths. It might be big but that park can feel small real quick.

I arrived late Thanksgiving day this year and stayed through Monday. Everyone's "10" is going to be different but from my perspective those days are nowhere close to a 10. Friday/Saturday are sort of normal holiday crowded, Sunday is a big vacuum of people leaving, Monday is an average day. Totally manageable time to go IMHO.

once you hit 10, all the ride lines are packed tight so if your there for rides they suck equally. AK is the worst to walk around because of how skinny the walkways are.. HS isn't far behind because there is nowhere to hide. MK a lot of people give up and leave so I can find a nice spot to wait them out. I dislike epcot so it can be a 1 and I'm not happy.

Well this is Thanksgiving and following two days, so I'm thinking 10s are a pretty sure bet! Also staying for 3 more days after than, so hopefully will get some low crowd time too.

Crowd calendars are inaccurate, at best. Yes, Thanksgiving is going to be crowded, as will the days after. During that time, MK will get incredibly packed on Thanksgiving Day itself. The rest of the days it will be very busy in MK, but not as bad as Thanksgiving Day. The other 3 parks will never get as crowded as MK. They'll be busy during that week, but not as bad.

Epcot is always our choice on those days. If staying on property, we do EMH morning hours wherever, then hop to epcot and set up fastpasses there. Makes for a good day on a 10.

I can only speak for Thanksgiving day 2015 (which I hear was light compared to 2016), but we did rope drop at EPCOT and were able to do quite a few things, had lunch at the WS (Marrakesh) and then hopped to Animal Kingdom for the afternoon. We used our fastpasses for late afternoon to be able to continue enjoying the parks and it worked well for us that day. I went in to Thanksgiving day being scared and came out saying- that wasn't THAT bad! (and I'm a low crowd season kind of girl)

Another vote for Epcot. There's just more room to spread out, but the lines will still be long.

I'm gonna say MK because there are more attractions that suck up the crowd. I mean, Epcot might be easier to navigate and hang out in, but what is there to do when Living with the Land has a 70 minute wait? At MK, you can usually still hit the Tiki Room or CoP within a cycle or two.

We did AK this past Thanksgiving and we had never had a better day at AK then that day.
(pretty sure it was a 10) but didn't feel like it at all

Animal Kingdom is our park of choice on super crowded days.
We keep our high level crowd days at a minimum but we've done Thanksgiving Day and New Years Eve at Disney and went to AK and found it not bad at all

Last edited:
I say Epcot also, because there are two ways out. Magic Kingdom is the worst on a super crowded day, because the only way out if you just can't take it anymore (unless they open the backstage bypass exit) is through a super crowded hub and down a super crowded Main Street, full of people waiting for parades or evening entertainment and fireworks. I'll never forget DSO and I literally fearing we were going to get injured trying to exit Magic Kingdom on the Monsters University 24 hour night in 2013--and that was with them opening the vehicle storage area between Emporium and Jungle Cruise to bypass Main Street.

There are no 10's around Thanksgiving unless you would call the Christmas/New Year crowds 13s. Unlike Christmas/New Years, Thanksgiving crowds are quite manageable with a decent plan.

As has already been mentioned, plan, plan, plan. And trust me, your best advice is to listen to the experience found at DIS.

Thanks to these forums, I've survived Thanksgiving, New Years and Christmas Day at the parks and had a great time! Heck, we laugh in the face of 10's. As long as you know the secrets, you'll have a great time. Again, the secret is ...... PLAN.

Touring Plans does a great job of estimating crowds. No, they aren't perfect, but then again your local weather guy has missed a forecast or two and he's got a degree. Anyway, a 10 for the day is just that, FOR THE DAY. If you want to enjoy whatever park you choose, especially if its the MK on a holiday, get there at rope drop. Your first two hours will be great, no park ever starts off as a 10. If you plan to stay at that park, schedule your FastPass to begin around 11 am or noon, grab a lunch and enjoy. By the time the crowd gets there, you've scheduled the rides you want. Then, take a break at the hotel pool or a late afternoon nap (my personal favorite). Come back out to the park after dinner and enjoy the evening. You may even be able to score some late evening FastPass on your way out of the park after lunch.

The plan gets better if you can Park Hop. Hit the busiest of the parks at rope drop, but schedule your FastPass at the other park starting at noon. Grab lunch or a snack between parks and you'll be fine.

My last 10+++ was Christmas Day. My girls just had to go the MK on Christmas Day. They knew from experience what it was like, I swear they did this as a challenge. We hit the park at rope drop, two rides on Buzz, two on Space Mountain, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, back for FastPass Seven Dwarfs, Nutella Waffle for Breakfast Snack, FastPass Big Thunder Mountain, and had a FastPass for Splash Mountain, but go there so early, we waited 20 minutes in the standby line and were done. As we were leaving the park around 10:45 am, Main Street was so packed we walked through the Emporium to get out. We walked past the hoards that were packed in line almost back to the bus stops. Hopped on a bus to AK which was dead. Until we finally had lunch at 1:30 pm, we never waited more than 15 minutes in line.

Would have never been able to do it without planning and the advise from DISers.

Add a tally to Epcot - it's just made for crowds. No bottlenecks, open walkways, simple layout.

AK is miserable for us - no real places to go cool off at all and the walkways can feel so tight. It's technically the biggest park, but only because of the land the animals occupy - not for the guests themselves. Epcot has the most room for guests.

DHS, being the smallest park, can feel really crowded very quickly, but having so many headliners there feels like it helps to disperse people.

MK - it doesn't matter how open they try to make it and how many walkways they add, this park is the draw for so many people that on high level days, it will always be a nightmare. That being said, I'd choose it as my second option after Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts