Which one would you choose ? I can't decide! (Cruise, WDW and Universal)

LilMsMidleton

Earning My Ears
So here I am again with another question.

So our plan for February 2022 was (which we already booked) (See top) but i think i actually like our new idea better (and it would be cheaper). Do you think the second idea would be too packed? Which one would you choose?

February 12th - 16thWe'll arrive at the 12th comming from germany
Staying at Universal Royal Pacific
2 Days at the US , the other days just hanging around
17th - 18thStaying and enjoying Cocoa Beach
18th - 21stDisney Bahamian Cruise (3 nights)
21st - 27thWDW
12th Staying at the Airport or going to Cocoa Beach (depending on arrival time)
13th - 14thStaying at Cocoa Beach
14th - 18thDisney Bahamian Cruise (4 night)
18th - 21stStaying at Universal Royal Pacific
2 Days inside the Parcs
21st - 27thWDW

Last edited:
The second proposal trades a "hanging around" day at the Royal Pacific Resort for an extra day on the cruise ship AND saves you money. That's my pick. I prefer hanging around a ship to hanging around a hotel. If you're worried about the second proposal being too "packed," just remember to spend your last day on the cruise "hanging around" rather than being active.

Personally i think anyone that even considers going on a cruise in the next 2 years is insane. Too much that can possibly go wrong. And that is coming from someone who loves cruises. That industry has to prove over an extended period of time that they can keep their ships from becoming floating petri dishes before getting my business back.

So our plan for February 2022 was (which we already booked) (See top) but i think i actually like our new idea better (and it would be cheaper). Do you think the second idea would be too packed? Which one would you choose?

21st - 27thWDW
12thStaying at the Airport or going to Cocoa Beach (depending on arrival time)
2 Days inside the Parcs
21st - 27thWDW

How much cheaper.

Price being the same I like the first one because you get a little theme park at the beginning and then more at the end.

Personally i think anyone that even considers going on a cruise in the next 2 years is insane. Too much that can possibly go wrong. And that is coming from someone who loves cruises. That industry has to prove over an extended period of time that they can keep their ships from becoming floating petri dishes before getting my business back.
That wasn’t one of the 2 options 🤷🏻‍♂️😂

21st - 27thWDW
12thStaying at the Airport or going to Cocoa Beach (depending on arrival time)
2 Days inside the Parcs
21st - 27thWDW
I vote more time on the cruise as well.

I vote option 2. It gives you an extra day on the ship. For my family 4 days on DCL makes it possible to enjoy the cruise. (7 is better but that's not what you asked.) When we go on a 3 day cruise it too rushed. We feel like we just get on board and its time to get off the ship. That one extra day makes a world of difference.

Whichever you decide it looks like you have a fabulous vacation planned. Color me jealous.

Enjoy!

I would do the second one with the extra cruise day hands down, even if it weren't cheaper! Knowing that it's cheaper is icing on the cake. 3 days is just too short for a cruise and it's much better to have relaxation time on a cruise than at a hotel. I would personally prefer parks first then a cruise, but if this is how you have it worked out I think it's great.

While I agree that it is better to have a longer time on the cruise because I love cruising (especially if it is cheaper!), I also agree that cruising is going to be dicey for awhile. And as with the other poster, I love cruises and have been on around 50 in my time, but just keep in mind that is a bit of a risk for the time being. You could always cancel as it gets closer and just spend time at the beach or more time at the parks if things don't seem safe. Personally, I like the first itinerary because it breaks up the parks. Doing so many days of parks in succession (even with hanging out at the hotel days mixed in) can be exhausting and it just isn't as much fun after awhile. So doing UO first and then WDW after the cruise seems like a nice way to break up the trip.

When doing split trips in Orlando, I prefer to do disney first. The pace is always more hectic. Especially, now that there is no FP.

Much prefer saving the more relaxing part of a trip toward the end of it.

As for cruising in 2022, jury is still out for us. If anything we might add on a short cruise relatively last minute in late spring 2022 but, only after seeing how next winter treats us.

Had to cancel two cruises in 2020, not a fun experience dealing with both RCCL & CCL as to refunds vs vouchers for future travel. There are so many of them floating around now, not sure as to any real pricing deals for some time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter