Which one, Capt. Marvins or Capt. Bryan's?

Capt. Bryan's told me they can hold 50 on the Hannibal Trimaran but our group was about 20-25 the day we went out.

I too was worried about being seasick on the Catamaran so we took a bonine just in case. Felt fine, no problems. That is one reason we chose the Catamaran..they seem more stable w/ the waves than those Cabin Cruisers...they rock more. It's nice on the way back...they put up the sail and play island music. It was funny, I and others noticed that one of the tour guys on our boat had an uncanny resemblance to the guy in the first Jaws movie. The actor who was a mean fisherman and ended up getting eaten by the shark near the end....can't remember his name. I'll have to see if I can scan the pic of him...you have to see it!

My reasons were:
1) We had one person in our party who never snorkled before and the first stop was a sort of "warm up" snorkle to prepare for the reef. In retrospect, she caught on quickly and probably didn't need it, but I would have been really disappointed if she had freaked and I missed the reef snorkle.

2) They had a videographer so we have this all on CD to make us smile on the cold winter nights ahead.

Any way you go it's a great trip.

dzneprincess, I see we are neighbors on this cruise. I just saw the list of the Halloween T or T group and you are a few doors down from us. Didn't realize you were part of that group also. I guess we'll be seeing quite a bit of each other. I can't wait for this trip!:D

We will be on the 11/8/03 cruise (family of 5 - myself, DH, 3 DD's ages 5, 9, 10 - all love swimming). We, too, have been debating between Captain Marvin's and Captain Bryan's. On our honeymoon (13 yrs ago), my DH and I went snorkeling in Hawaii on a catamaran - we loved the experience! For that reason, we are leaning towards Captain Bryan's (to give our kids the catamaran experience, too). How do we book this, and how are some of you able to get a video of your experience? Thanks!
:bounce:

Originally posted by knilsen
dzneprincess, I see we are neighbors on this cruise. I just saw the list of the Halloween T or T group and you are a few doors down from us. Didn't realize you were part of that group also. I guess we'll be seeing quite a bit of each other. I can't wait for this trip!:D

Yes I saw on the 10/25 thread that mdvasquez said we were talking to each other and not even realizing it! LOL Looking forward to it!

3MinnieMom....Capt Bryan's cannot guarantee that they will have a videographer on your trip. We thought they would have one for us because we and at least 2 other families from this board requested it...we were all on the same excursion. The morning we arrived in their office I was disappointed to hear that he could not get one for us. He said they choose who they want to go with or who has the bigger group or more likely to buy the DVD's. They knew we were willing customers but still no luck. Didn't dwell on it too much ...still got pictures. Just want you to know they cannot guarantee it. Capt Marvins told me the same thing, they can request but not guarantee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter