Which off site hotels are within walking distance?

Mom2micayla

DIS Veteran
I've been looking at booking our vacation package for next month (Feb 28-Mar 2) on getaway. I'm a bit confused by the distances listed on the hotels. I'm leaning towards staying at the Comfort Inn Maingate (and realize it's not within walking distance), but wanted to see what hotels are that are listed in our general price range. Alot of them list blocks and I know that the blocks in Anaheim are huge. I'm looking for hotels that are offsite and within walking distance for adults and young children (4 yo would be walking). Thanks! :)

If you look at the sticky thread entitled ºoº Official Disneyland Resort and Good Neighbor Hotels ºoº it will give you an aerial view of the hotels in walking distance. There's a stop light right around the Denny's and the IHOP. It is a short walk from there to the main gates as you can see. All of those hotels should be under $100 dollars with some around $70 a night go to expedia and check it out.

Thanks for the responses. I did see the sticky thread but I thought some of the hotels were missing. I don't remember seeing Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. Perhaps I overlooked it.

I guess I was looking for more personal information. Like I know that you could say that the Castle Inn & Hojo's are close, but are they *really* walking distance, kwim?

I think I've figured most of them out. :) My last question would be is the Castle Inn truly within walking distance?

Sorry for all these questions. In the past we've almost always stayed in a time share condo on teh beach and just drove into Disneyland so I'm not as familiar with the local hotels. We did stay at the Anabella last year for a few days and I remember them talking about how it was just across from DCA. Well to us it made it seem like you could just walk there. Obviously it was too far to walk with kids and I'm worried that I'll make the same mistake again.

I really appreciate you all putting up with my constant questions. :)

Here is what I know about walking distance ( at least to the north of the crosswalk). The following hotels are within walking distance, starting with the furthest away.

Fairfield Inn (It is about a 10 minute walk at a leisurely pace)
Park Inn
Carousel Inn
Tropicana
Park Place Inn (right across from the crosswalk)
Anaheim Desert Inn and suites (just south of the crosswalk – a 2-3 minute walk)

Thanks for your reply. :) I kind of figured that. The only one that I thought might be iffy on walking that was popping up in the lower $$ range on getaway was Castle Inn. I debated on that but after reading the reviews on tripadvisor (yikes!) I decided to just skip that place and go with the Comfort Inn. We'll have to take the ART or drive which I had hoped to avoid, but I'd rather do that than stay someplace dirty.

We're staying at HoJo's, and from what I've read it seems to be a 5-10 min walk to DL... (Hoping it's not much further, sicne we're skipping the ART ;) )

Kellie

It doesn't take much more than 10 min from the HOJO. If you don't mind walking, it is not a difficult walk. :)

Don't forget the Candy Cane Inn when looking at hotels that are within walking distance. It is on the same side of Harbour as DL. We have liked it best of the non-Disney hotels we have tried. :cheer2:

Kellie_MO3 said:
We're staying at HoJo's, and from what I've read it seems to be a 5-10 min walk to DL... (Hoping it's not much further, sicne we're skipping the ART ;) )

Kellie

HoJo's is even further than the Fairfield, and I consider that one almost non-walkable -- at least for long multiple days! If they have a shuttle there, I would use it!

They are not that far.

How lazy can we be to walk a bit further (less than a block)?

HoJo is close by. Portofino Inn is almost at the end of the block & a bit farther.

We're not going with the ART because I've heard it's sometimes full early, and if it's only a 10 min walk it's not that bad. Plus, we'll have our double stroller, which is just a pain to unload/fold up/unfold/reload ... (and it's another $27 we get to spend on something else! Like our first Dole Whips! LOL) ;)

Kellie

The Ramada Maingate Saga is within walking dist. To, was there in Nov and its about a 10 min walk. Very easy and quite cheap. Nice room too.

Can you walk from ther. I was told by CM if you cut thru the parking of Disney hotel and walk way it not to far. Is this at all true?

We stayed at the Anabella last Feb. and it was way too long of a walk to walk too. You'd definitely need to take the ART. It does pick up right up the street from the hotel, in front of a restaurant (sorry, can't remember which one). Just a 2-4 minute walk to the ART. The sell passes for it in the lobby. It's $3 a day per person. Kids under 10 (I think) are free.

Mom2micayla said:
We stayed at the Anabella last Feb. and it was way too long of a walk to walk too. You'd definitely need to take the ART. It does pick up right up the street from the hotel, in front of a restaurant (sorry, can't remember which one). Just a 2-4 minute walk to the ART. The sell passes for it in the lobby. It's $3 a day per person. Kids under 10 (I think) are free.

The name of the restaurant is Tiffany's. We found the walk from Annabella very doable, if you cut through the grand Californian and have a stoller for the young ones. Found it to be about the same distance as HoJo's. Could be wrong, but seemed about the same.

kristenhh said:
HoJo's is even further than the Fairfield, and I consider that one almost non-walkable -- at least for long multiple days!
Do you mean HoJo is non-walkable or Fairfield? We stayed at Fairfield in August and it is most certainly walkable. We didn't use the car once in 5 days for any Disney stuff. We loved having everything in walking distance - something that just doesn't exist in Florida.

I totally agree with that difference between DL and WDW. I like everything being so convenient and accessible. When it comes to offsite hotels. The one that I would recommend that is the closest and is as about as convenient as staying onsite, is the Best Western Park Place Inn. We stayed there for one night before staying at the Grand.
You walk out the door, and the cross walk is right there to cross the street, and you walk across the tram drop off lot, and you are in the main espalande to both parks.

All the hotels along there are pretty narrow, and look a little old, but they are pretty good for the money. If we ever want to go, but cannot afford to stay onsite, then that is where I will go again. Too convenient for me to pass up. :teeth:

Michelle2 said:
All the hotels along there are pretty narrow, and look a little old
The Fairfield Inn doesn't match either of those descriptions. It was pretty nice, fairly large (9 stories if I recall) and not old looking at all.

disneysteve said:
Do you mean HoJo is non-walkable or Fairfield? We stayed at Fairfield in August and it is most certainly walkable. We didn't use the car once in 5 days for any Disney stuff. We loved having everything in walking distance - something that just doesn't exist in Florida.

Different folks, different strokes.

That's why some people reach very far in life as they persevere & tend to view it the other way than the common easy way (but the point is NOT that hard to see).

:confused3

Some people have no patience nor the physical attributes to endure a short walk. Who knows :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter