/Which Moderate resort / room should I book?

ralykaje

Earning My Ears
We have 4 of us..me, my wife, and 2 daughters (13, 11). We used to stay in Value years ago, and have been in Deluxe's the last 3 years. This will be our first Moderate stay

Musts have queen beds as I'm a big guy and 2 of the women are over 5'8", so I think Caribbean Beach is out.

We tend to like more modern/updated and beautiful decor vs others.

I do want convenience in location, ideally close to the pool and food courts. I do care about long walks.

So which will it be, POR, POFQ, or CS. And which section?

Would love to hear the recommendations of this community. I was thinking a Royal Room and POR, but I'm sure there is great feedback out there.

CSR IMO is the most modern updated decor but it can have some long walks to the food court or pool. I think it is the easiest moderate to transition to if you are used to deluxe visits. POFQ is the smallest and most compact. It has the shortest walks to the food court and pool and all of the rooms are short walks.
POR is also large.

If you decide on CSR, casitas 4 or 5 are good standard locations to be between the food court and pool. Also some areas of cabanas (I am not sure which, check the CSR thread). POR preferred rooms are close to the amenities but not sure which standard buildings to request.

CSR - but if proximity to food court, lobby, bus stop 1 and pool are a real concerns, you need to upgrade to Cabanas 9b or a preferred room at Casitas 1 or 2. Outside of these areas, you will not be as close to the areas you mentioned. We really enjoy CSR and each section is unique and has its benefits, but the most central to each of what you mentioned are Cabanas 9 and Casitas 1 and 2, each of which are extra and are not standard rooms. In these sections, you are not the closest to the pool, but you are to the other areas.

We stayed at PORS last year and loved it. Although it was crowded, it had a relaxing atmosphere. We just booked a stay at POFQ because it is a smaller and more intimate resort..looking forward to a more "romantic" vacation for just the two of us!

At first I was going to suggest a Royal room at POR but then I noticed your daughters ages. I'd go with CSR. It's a stunning resort.
What might help you is to go to the Disney site and y'all look at pictures of the different moderate resorts. One of them at least will be the one. After having taken a Disney hiatus, my husband and I decided about 8 years ago to bring our then 9 yo daughter and one of her friends. He said to book wherever we wanted so I booked a tower room at the Contemporary. After having booked, I saw pictures of CSR on the website and fell in love with the resort. I showed the pictures to my husband and daughter and they loved it too. Now we're DVC members but at least every other trip we book a night or two at CSR because we enjoy our stays there so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter