Which moderate for a solo?

• Caribbean Beach

• Coronado Springs

• Port Orleans - French Quarter

• Port Orleans - Riverside

Results are only viewable after voting.

NeverlandPixie

Not a Princess ... but looking for Prince Charming
Since I am getting my flight for FREE :cool1: , I can upgrade my resort to a moderate. I would ideally like a king with a "view". Which one would you choose for a solo female (walking not a problem)?

I stayed at POR on my first solo trip, and felt perfectly safe. I was in building 34, away from Ol Man Island and the Mill, but I was *right* near a bus stop, which I appreciated for safety to my room.

There are a few questions that you need to ask about your own trip? Do you plan on hitting the parks most of the day(compact resort = POFQ)? How many days do you expect to spend at DTD (2 or more than PORS or POFQ)? Do you plan on eating at the parks or will a third of your meals or more be at your resort (CSR)? Do you like to swim and have a nice hot tub or slide available(CSR)? Would you be interested in working out on premises or having massages or hair done(CSR)? This is what you really need to figure out about your vacation.

My favorite mod is CSR and I have experienced nearly everything they have to offer there including larger food court (more food options than any other disney resort rest. but this food court does work differently), sit down rest (food was very good here), hair salon, back massage, main pool with great slide and large hot tub, quiet pools, laundry, beautiful resort to walk the grounds around the lake (many fountains and reflecting pools), boat rental and if you have a bit of extra money to spend then there is the option of room service. I really have nothing bad to say about CSR other than once my room was a nice walk away from the bus stop which did put a longer walk onto the end of a long day in the parks. This is a convention resort but I have never found that to be a problem and in all honesty I find the buses nearly empty in the a.m. going to the parks.

My first solo trip to wdw (about 5 yrs ago) was also at PORS in the mansion bldg next to Ole Man Island. I must admit that was my favorite trip (did 7 nights there with 2 additional nights at DTD resorts). I was in the pool almost on a nightly basis, did laundry, walked and biked the resort, ate several meals at both food court and sit down rest (Boatwright's french toast is delicious), enjoyed Bob's free show in the lounge and took the boat to DTD at least 2 times for shopping and a drink or two at Pleasure Island. If your planning on spending time at DTD then you may want to think about staying here or POFQ as the boats are nice to take there but they do stop picking back up at a certain time so you may be taking the bus back to your resort at night.

POFQ is easy to manuever around as it is small with no room more than a short 3 to 5 minute walk from the main building. There is only one pool here with no hot tub. There is also a food court with your normal park foods with a few other choices. There is a lounge and a shared boat with PORS that will take you to DTD. You can also use all facilities (pools, food court, sit down rest. and lounge) at PORS as they are sister facilities and the walk to the next resort can take 10/15 minutes. You also share buses to the parks which can be both good and bad. POFQ only has the main stop in front and if the bus doesn't fill up there then it continues onto PORS which means you may have a possible 1 -4 additional stops (can easily add 15 minutes to commute time to parks that you will need to remember if you have any ps at restaurants).

CBR is similar in size to CSR but CBR doesn't have as many amentities as CSR offers. CBR is very spread out but is beautiful to walk around (also used as jogging track) with many quiet pools as well as the main pool. You have the food court and a sit down rest. as well. Although the bus doesn't stop at any other resorts there are 7 stops alone to make around the property so this does add onto the time to get to the parks, etc.

All the mods have both the pros and cons about them but it is best to figure out what you are looking to get out of your stay there. Best thing though is usually at any of the mods you will find that they are a bit more quiet than other resorts as it seems they do there best to spread people out in them. Have a wonderful solo trip and sorry this was a bit long but it was a lot to share.

I would pick POFQ, because it's small and not spread out. I travel solo often to Disney, and for whatever reason, I usually get rooms as far away from everything as you can be! :( It's almost a joke to me nowadays - when I pick a resort to stay at, I check the map for the farthest buildings. And surprise surprise - when I check in, I always get a room near nothing and "out in the boonies". At POR, I got the farthest parking lot view room of Parterre Place ... twice. At Caribbean Beach, of course I got Trinidad South. At CSR, I was in Ranchos once, and on the 4th floor parking lot view of Casita 3 another. Even at values, I was placed in Country Fair at ASmu. Sigh.

So POFQ gets my vote! On solo trips, I want to be connected to the World, not sitting lonely in a room in the quietest corners of nowhereland. The 2 times I stayed at POFQ, I got rooms close to everything, which was great since I wasn't used to it at all! :)

Go look at Buzz2001's website. I say CSR. Less kids, more adult for a solo trip

i've only stayed at POR, but i think if i were traveling solo i might go with POFQ, since it's more compact...

by the way, about the "view"...
moderate resorts don't really have a view....your window looks out on the walkway to your room....we usually keep the curtain closed so that people can't look inside the room...

Wow! I can't believe CS is winning this poll! My resort radar must be way off!

Thanks to everyone who has voted or posted so far!

Since this is my first solo trip, I am not too sure what I am planning on doing (other than everything I can't do with my DS6 and attractions I have otherwised missed out on). I think for the most part, I will hit a park in the am, break back to the resort or check out another resort in the afternoon, and hop to another park in the evening. However, I also want the advantage of sleeping in some days and using a quiet pool and hot tub, maybe renting a bike or water mouse to take some pictures.

I have already stayed at POR and CBR. I was leaning toward POFQ (love the ferry), but I may just go back to POR and request a mansion room for the heck of it (I've always been in AB).

And as for the room with a "view", I just don't want to be looking at a parking lot :)

Wow! I can't believe CS is winning this poll! My resort radar must be way off!

Thanks to everyone who has voted or posted so far!

Since this is my first solo trip, I am not too sure what I am planning on doing (other than everything I can't do with my DS6 and attractions I have otherwised missed out on). I think for the most part, I will hit a park in the am, break back to the resort or check out another resort in the afternoon, and hop to another park in the evening. However, I also want the advantage of sleeping in some days and using a quiet pool and hot tub, maybe renting a bike or water mouse to take some pictures.

I have already stayed at POR and CBR. I was leaning toward POFQ (love the ferry), but I may just go back to POR and request a mansion room for the heck of it (I've always been in AB).

And as for the room with a "view", I just don't want to be looking at a parking lot :)
At CSR they have a salon, spa, tanning beds and steam room. You can get a massage during your stay. The pool and buses are rarely crowded because of the convention aspect of the resort. Less kids too. They also have a new lounge outside the main building as well as by the pool, great margaritas.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1561616

I voted for POFQ. It's by far my favorited mod, after having stayed at CBR and CSR. I loved how quaint the streets and lampposts were and the landscaping is gorgeous. I like how it has entertainment in the lounge, and I loved the boat to DTD. The bus service was great, the rooms were clean and well appointed. There's nothing bad to say about it! I am in the early planning stages for my 2008 trip (me and DH - 25th anniv.) and I would be staying at POFQ again, but we are splurging on a deluxe since it will only be a 3 night stay. I'm late responding on this thread, but if you haven't made up your mind, consider POFQ!!

I would pick POFQ, because it's small and not spread out. I travel solo often to Disney, and for whatever reason, I usually get rooms as far away from everything as you can be! :( It's almost a joke to me nowadays - when I pick a resort to stay at, I check the map for the farthest buildings. And surprise surprise - when I check in, I always get a room near nothing and "out in the boonies". At POR, I got the farthest parking lot view room of Parterre Place ... twice. At Caribbean Beach, of course I got Trinidad South. At CSR, I was in Ranchos once, and on the 4th floor parking lot view of Casita 3 another. Even at values, I was placed in Country Fair at ASmu. Sigh.

So POFQ gets my vote! On solo trips, I want to be connected to the World, not sitting lonely in a room in the quietest corners of nowhereland. The 2 times I stayed at POFQ, I got rooms close to everything, which was great since I wasn't used to it at all! :)

I agree for the same reasons. When I'm alone, that's where I always stay. :)

lilolvr said:
At CSR they have a salon, spa, tanning beds and steam room. You can get a massage during your stay. The pool and buses are rarely crowded because of the convention aspect of the resort. Less kids too. They also have a new lounge outside the main building as well as by the pool, great margaritas.
I would pick CSR too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter