Which level of AP, and how many?

musika

Everybody wants to be a cat.
We are a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids - current age 9/6) and I'm dreaming of our next trip. We've never been to UO.

My question - we're pretty much decided on staying at a premier hotel. I see that AP discounts can really make a difference in the rate. But I'm confused about which level of pass would be the best to get. Also, I know we don't all need one for discount purposes but would it be worth it for us to all have one? We are not likely to rent a car, but it's a possibility. However, given we want to stay premier I don't think park parking is that big a draw.

We would travel for 1 trip on the passes, possibly 2 if the timing works. Probably for 6-7 days at a time (those would not all be park days). . We live in Canada so we wouldn't be able to go much more than that. We could probably work around most blackout dates as we can travel during off-peak weeks. Is there any benefit in our scenario to getting a higher level pass?

If you are doing park to park time for more than 5 days in a year your pass is valid, I’d get all family members the lowest priced pass that you can go when the blockout dates are not during the times you are going. And yes, no discount or free parking at all the hotels you are staying at. Only the preferred and premier passes have free parking in the City Walk garages. You can also park for free after 6 pm in those garages, as long as nothing going on that night, like HHN.

And all levels of passes have access to the AP rates at the hotels. Those AP rates tend to be about a month or two or more, like this month until dates beginning in December. You can check AP rates any time, as well as book that rate before you have your AP. Just have your AP sometime during your stay, as they may ask to see it. And booking only the hotel, you pay a one night deposit when booking, fully refundable until 5 days before your arrival day.

For 4 people, if you can hit 2 trips within 365 days, you may want one Preferred pass for the food / merchandise discounts. Otherwise, in your situation you just need the cheapest pass. A pass for everyone if you'll do 2 trips. If not, just compare prices for the seasonal AP vs however many park days you want - of course, staying onsite and having passes makes it easy to pop into a park for an hour or two, even on rest / travel days...

For 4 people, if you can hit 2 trips within 365 days, you may want one Preferred pass for the food / merchandise discounts. Otherwise, in your situation you just need the cheapest pass. A pass for everyone if you'll do 2 trips. If not, just compare prices for the seasonal AP vs however many park days you want - of course, staying onsite and having passes makes it easy to pop into a park for an hour or two, even on rest / travel days...
:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone. One more question - I think "Seasonal" is supposed to be blocked out more than the others - but when I look at the blackout dates. it appears the same as the next level up? What am I missing?

Seasonal is blocked out more than Power (https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/blockout-dates). You cannot go in July, or on any concert dates (at US only). I thought I remembered Power being able to go during Spring Break, so perhaps that changed...

You're right, apparently I read too quickly. We wouldn't go in July (too hot for these Canucks!) or Christmas (flights too pricy) anyway. I think that's the ticket - one higher level pass for the discounts, and Seasonals for everyone else!

Just popping in here ....
What are 'Concert Dates' and when are they normally?
They have concerts an US several times a year, so Seasonal Passholders cannot go to that park on those days. Typically on Saturdays during Mardi Gras and the Thanksgiving/Xmas holidays...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter