Which Japanese restaurant in Epcot?

ozzz17

Mouseketeer
Please give your recommendations on which you would choose and why -
thank you

I would pick Teppan Edo. Good food and it's entertaining to all. You might sit with another family during dinner but it was never a problem to us.

Tokyo Dining is mostly sushi, while Teppan Edo has a more varied menu. If you have a teppanyaki-style restaurant near you (like a Kobe Steakhouse), Teppan Edo offers pretty much the same experience.

it all depends on if you like sushi or not if yes then tokyo dining is the way to go if you dont then teppan edo

I prefer Tokyo Dining. . We find it a slightly more sophisticated, quieter, relaxing place to eat. Teppan Edo is a typical hibatchi/teppanyaki type of restaurant, similar to those in any American city. We find it noisy, and crowded; just not our cup of sake.

ETA: The menu has changed significantly at Tokyo Dining in the last few years, so that it is primarily sushi now, but we would still prefer it to Teppan Edo.

My vote is for Teppan Edo. I know many ppl complain that they dont serve fried rice or soup/salad like the ones in their home town....but i still love it. :cloud9: The food is incredible, its fun, and there really is plenty of food! I had the filet mignon and LOVED IT!

Personally, I don't like sushi so the other would be my choice, but we have two that are better here in The Villages just an hour or so away so we don't really eat Japanese in Epcot.

I prefer Tokyo Dining. There is more to it than just Sushi.....[EDIT]....We find it a slightly more sophisticated, quieter, relaxing place to eat.

Completely agree and the service is courteous and polite, more than other restaurants. This is a perfect respite from the hustle and bustle of the park. The food is very good as well. My DS6 loves California rolls and little pleases him in the way of food so we go here and have a healthy Japanese lunch in the heat of the day.

Teppan Edo was great on our visit. But I'm also not a Sushi fan. So there is that.

I love them both!! Teppan Edo is incredible, their food is delicious and the staff always wonderful. Tokyo Dining is also awesome, they do have a lot of sushi (which we don't eat) but love their other offerings. This is basically a choice that depends on taste and preference. With Teppan Edo you get everything cooked right before your eyes which is always fun, but Tokyo Dining is superb too. :thumbsup2

teppan edo offerred nothing different from other teppan/hibachi style restaurants in our area so my vote is for tokyo dining. more options to try if you're not a picky eater. a bit more relaxed as well. if you want a show then head to teppan edo. if you want a break from the parks to relax over a meal, go to tokyo dining.

When we started going to Teppan Edo, there weren't any hibachi-style restaurants near us! We still love eating there (it's usually our best meal of the trip), but we're not going this time because 11 won't fit around one table.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!