Which is better MNSSHP/MVMCP?

wendy1974

DIS Veteran
If you could only go to one which would you chose and why?
If you have been to one or both please tell me why you think one is better than the other :flower:

I've been to both and enjoyed each of them for their differing experiences. At MNSSHP, it was great to have the girls dress up and have fun watching the parade and trick or treating. It was so neat as well to see all the great costumes that people wore.

MVMCP was very special as well b/c of the fun holiday atmosphere. Nothing beats walking down Main Street listening to carolers and having it snow! :teeth:

We liked both and are glad that we experienced both. Sorry that this isn't much of a help to you. Which would you prefer? Holiday festivities or halloween? Maybe if you prefer one over the other that might help your decision.

Good luck and let us know which you chose! :sunny:

Thanks for your perspective :) I am not quite sure yet as I think I would like both but if I can even swing going I can only pick one.
Anyone else have any advice? :teeth:
Is one more crowded than the other/weather better/AP perks?

Hi Wendy. I am origianlly from Louisiana! We went to MNSSHP last October and we are going to MVMCP this December. I have mixed feelings about the NSSHP. It was fun wearing costumes and seeing other people in them, but it was more crowded than we had hoped. It was Columbus Day weekend though, and a sold out party. I did like going to WDW in October because it was still very warm and we were able to swim/do the water parks. We are really southerners so we do not swim when it is cool, even with heated pools. We do not plan on swimming in December, but we will just see how it is when we get there. Most people recommend that with either party you avoid the weekends as the locals go. The NSSHP on 10/31 is always sold out, but I think a lot of the parties sell out, if not ahead of time they sell out that day. Anyway, I would say if you haven't done either I would decide based on which holiday you feel like celebrating!

It's a tough choice - I thought both were highlights of our trips. Overall, I would probably choose MVMCP. I thought the parade for it was better, and I guess I just like the Christmas festivities a little better such as the snow on Main Street. One of them we went to did get a bit chilly, however. My wife liked MNSSHP better because of getting to dress up, trick-or-treating for our son, and seeing all of the villain characters. My advice - do one this time and try to plan for the other next time! Try not to hit weekends, and the earlier the party you can get to, the less crowded it will likely be. We usually chose a Tuesday or Sunday early in the month, and crowds weren't bad at all.

Go to both! LOL! We have only done the MNSSHP and love it. We have always wanted to see Disney all decked out in decorations so we are going to do both parties. We are taking a quickie 7 day trip the first week of December so we can finally attend the MVMCP. We are still taking our 11 day October trip too.

We went on opening night in 2002, which was the Sunday evening after Thanksgiving. I had read how wonderful the party was & how uncrowded it was. Not that night! MK was far more packed that night than it was at any other time during our stay. We watched the castle-front show and then saw the parade. The parade was fantastic! Then, we had a great spot to see the fireworks, so we waited another 30 minutes for the fireworks. Only the fireworks never came. There was some technical difficulty, so we never saw the fireworks. Heard later that they finally had the show after 11:30. Our kids were small, so we didn't stay until the end. And it was unseasonably cold that night -- in the low 30s! We left feeling like we had wasted $100.

Last October, we were at WDW during the MNSSHP, but didn't go. We knew others that were there the same week as us who went and loved it. They said it was way better than the Christmas party. We're going back next Oct & may try it then. Just on a week night & not on opening night!

Even though we didn't love MVMCP, you might. You might go on a night when the crowds are lower, the temps warmer, and the fireworks actually work. Which ever you choose, have fun!

Christy

We have been to 2 of each, and I'm going to both again this year. We've been on Halloween and then that same year we were at the last MVMCP for the season. So we've been to two sellouts. I enjoy them both very much, and DH prefers the Christmas one.

We have had pictures taken at all of the parties, I know people have said that the lines were so bad, that they skipped the pictures. We never had a long wait, the lines do move quickly, they have lots of photographers. You get the pictures in about a week.

We found places to watch the parades, usually by the Country Bears, and we've never staked out a claim for our spot until about 1/2 hour before.

We don't have children, but we've been with families with children, and everyone enjoyed themselves, including DMom who was about 83 when she went to her first one. She's coming back to her second MVMCP this year. If I had to pick one, that's the one I'd pick, I prefer that parade. The fireworks are fabulous!!

Bobbi :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter