which free breakfast should we do??

BevS97

disney scrapper
We are going to get the 10 day pass and it includes a free breakfast at one of the following.

Garden Grill at Epcot
Restaurantasaurus at Disney's AK
Hollywood and Vine At MGM OR
Ohana at Disney Polynesian Resort

I didn't have any of these in our plan, although I did have H&V for lunch - SO, should we just change H&V to breakfast, or would you recommend one of the others. We've been to Restaurantasaurus and I don't think we want to go back, it was ok, but no need to repeat it.

Bev

I've done H&V for breakfast...it's very good, but I can't imagine it being noticably different from lunch, I wouldn't bother changing or doubling up, if you've already something planned.

Garden Grill, I've done for lunch and dinner but not breakfast, but I'm sure it's also very good! One thing though, the Garden Grill was one of the restaurants shut for breakfasts at Epcot, due to the cuts post Sept 11th. Have you heard that it's reopened since?

O'hana's - now I've only done dinner here, but I was VERY impressed. I've also heard good things about the breakfast, which if it's on a par with the dinner means excellent.

If I was choosing for myself, I'd pick O'hana's, just to have something a little bit different in atmosphere, location and food rather than the regular theme park experience...

Penny :)

Hi Bev

Garden grill is on Disney site as no longer serving breakfast,

so that narrows your choices down a bit

Bev,

I was going to H&V when we were planning 10 days (until the prices went up!) Have a late breakfast so it doubles for lunch.

Garden Grill is definitely not doing breakfast, but it may be nice to do the Poly on a non park day? Combine with a snoop around and a shop/swim!! Then you're not rushing and worrying about precious ride time!!

Hi Bev,

We've done O'Hana's last year when we were at the Poly. If you've got fussy eaters I wouldn't bother as it's a set breakfast menu and there's more choice with a buffet including more of a kids choice (i.e. muffins, ice-cream jelly, fruit, cereals etc) . It's like the Garden Grille for lunch and dinner. Firstly you have fruit and OJ, followed by a skillet filled with mickey mouse waffles, sausages, bacon, scrambled eggs and hash browns with toast and jelly. I think they also bring pancakes and syrup. My 3 wouldn't eat any of it as they only like cereal and the other typical junk kids like but it was lovely for adults. Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, Chip n Dale visit your table.

Good luck in choosing!

Lisa

<i>*cough*</i>

Hate to come along and be a party pooper, but pool hopping isn't allowed at the resorts - in some places they DO check for ID and will boot you out!

Penny :)

As it seems as though your choice is effectively down to 2 because you've ruled out Restaurantasaurus and G Grill is closed, maybe you could base your choice on whether a buffet or set meal would suit you best.

Our family always do 'better' at a buffet because we know there will be somethnig we'll all like. However, under these circumstances, I think I'd be tempted to try O'hanas just because it would be a bit different.

That wasn't any help at all, really, was it? :rolleyes:

No Hilary - you weren't really;)

but I think I have decided, since we were planning on going to Ohana's for dinner and H&V for lunch, I think we'll just move H&V to breakfast as it won't be that different to lunch, whereas Ohana's is completely different (am I making any sense)
also, I think we will be better with a buffet - my dd is pretty fussy too and would rather have a bowl of blue cereal than anything healthy!

Shame about the GG being closed, we loved that for the IceCream Social, so that would have been a strong contendor!

Bev

Penny,

Sorry (second stupid thing iI've knowingly written in two days!!) I meant swim (at Bev's hotel/house) and off site shopping. But it doesn't read like that does it. I was mentally picturing Bev sauntering off shopping after breakfast, and back to AKL for a swim. presuming she has the breakfast to wind down at the end of the holiday.

Of course it has been proven that noone has worked out how my brain (or lack of it) works.....:rolleyes: I DEFINITELY do not approve of pool hopping (except for esteemed DVC members!!)

Yes Penny you <b>are</b> the lucky girl. I spent 4 nights at your home resort and I must say that OKW is just gorgeous :)

I vote for dinner at O'Hana's :D I just happened to enjoy a dinner there with a couple of pals from the UK (wink, wink Penny and Simon) and it was wonderful! Watch out for those Lapu Lapu's they can sneak up on you :D

Katholyn

Hi Bev

We had the 10 day world tickets in November and did H & V for breakfast and it was great. Katie will be thrilled to see Minnie in her party/ballgown - all sparkly.

Food was great too.

I would suggest booking a late PS - ours was 10.00am - so that it is a bit quieter as it is a bit like a zoo in there if you go earlier. Then you wont need (much) lunch and will also kill two birds with one stone.

Enjoy - I'm jealous.

Julie

Yes, Bev, I'm sure Katie will love seeing Minnie in her ballgown at H & V. It was lovely for breakfast there, sure you'll like it!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter