Which EZ up / Quick canopy shelters do you recommend?

Mickey Canada

Work is just a time filler until my vacations!!
I was thinking about buying a canopy for the camping set up. What's a good brand to buy ...reliable and cost effective?

I want to get away from playing around with the tarps. The DW and myself battle over it .....always.

EZ up canopies are great but you have to remember they do take up more room when storing. But for ease of putting up you can't beat them. The first time is the hardest because you have to set up the canopy on the frame but after you do that they are very easy. I would personally recommend them.

We used the one Wal-Mart sales worked great.

EZ up canopies are great but you have to remember they do take up more room when storing. But for ease of putting up you can't beat them. The first time is the hardest because you have to set up the canopy on the frame but after you do that they are very easy. I would personally recommend them.

I recommend them as well. Please remember not to put them next to your mother's house in a rainstorm where all the water collects and bends the poles. Then you have an expensive repair bill. ;)

E-Z ups are great! Have used them don't own one though, would spend the little extra money and get the 12' one. The sun is never directly over at all times.

I recommend them as well. Please remember not to put them next to your mother's house in a rainstorm where all the water collects and bends the poles. Then you have an expensive repair bill. ;)

Is this spoken from experience??? :lmao:

we have the First Up canopy, Wal-mart on sale $89.00... so far so good. easy to set up, stores away nicely

I just bought a 10x10 EZ up this weekend and set up in the yard. Set up was pretty quick and easy. They do take up a lot more room and weight to store. One thing to be aware of is some of the cheaper ones I have seen say they are 10x10 but the legs slant out at the bottom and that is where they get the 10x10 from but the actual area of the cover is only 64 sq ft or 8x8.

The instructions say to take the cover off every time you put it away.

Do yall do that?
I didn't. I just detached the Velcro on the center poles so I could total pull the cover out of the part that folds up.

We have one we use at work that we don't even do that but we really don’t totally fold it up either.

We have 2. The 10 x 10 and the 12 x12. We bought the both from dick's sporting goods. They are the Quest. We like them because you can get different accessories for them. We have a screen room, the wind blocker ( it is a solid wall for like 1/2 of it ) and a tent. Also if the canopy get a tear, they sell replacements. They are very sturdy and you can tie them down and stake the legs. They held up well in wind and rain. We also have used them at home for parties and for kids sporting events. patsy

I have the Wal-Mart First Ups, and a couple of the Dick's sporting Goods Quest ones. The Quest ones are less expensive and have the angle legs. They have a 10x10 which is really 8x8 and a 12x12 which is really 10x10.

I am working toward getting another one of the Wal-Mart First Ups because of the straight legs. I put 3 of them around my camper and the cluster in the corner where the legs meet is not pretty with the angle leg shelters.

The one thing you MUST do with these shelters is stake them down on all four legs and all four guy lines. If you are on asphalt get some leg weights.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...824.2277089.2287066.2279644&parentPage=family

If I can't get a stake in the ground for the guy wires, I use cable ties to anchor the guy wires to the bottom of my camper.

I've been through some pretty stiff winds and rain with my shelters and haven't had a problem.

ClKelly ... I've seen your set up with the cute trailer! It was pictures like that, that was making me think of what I can do to improve on my gear and make life easier.

I think I would prefer the straight leg design better so that I can get up closer to the entrance of my tent. I'd also like side walls. I don't think the 12x12 have side wall options unless you rig something yourself. If you've seen anything, let me know!

The instructions say to take the cover off every time you put it away.

Do yall do that?
I didn't. I just detached the Velcro on the center poles so I could total pull the cover out of the part that folds up.

Nope, I leave the covers on. Can't get it back in the bag otherwise.

I was thinking about buying a canopy for the camping set up. What's a good brand to buy ...reliable and cost effective?

I want to get away from playing around with the tarps. The DW and myself battle over it .....always.

Dude ,,I LOVE your avatar-motto ! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 .. Very cool !! Mr.:goofy: .. Oh yea, seems there are some nice canapy out there , but the bigger the better.

I'd like a 12x12 ....bigger is better so long as the stability is there but I do want to enclose it if the rain starts up. I can buy the 12x12 and do some engineering (it's what I do) to add some tarp side walls myself. From what I have read, only the 10x10 have side walls available. What's up with that! :confused3

We have the EZ up from Walmart too and I "think" we have the 12x12. We've purchased the solid walls and the screen walls for it. One thing to watch out for when you're staking the legs down. Watch what you're hammering the stakes into. Last year we were camping and put our canopy up and thought we were putting the stakes into gravel. One kept giving us a problem and after about 15 minutes we realized that it was going into a railroad tie that had been covered up. We had to saw the top off of the stake to take the canopy down when we were ready to go. At least it didn't go anywhere though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter