Which Epcot entrance?

AndreaDM

<font color=red>Yeah...we mainly colored that day<
We are going next weekend for a quick trip and leaving for MCO from Epcot for a late evening flight. We will check out of our room in the morning and take our bags, backpacks only, to Epcot to store in a locker until we take an uber/Lyft to the airport. From what I can see the locker at the Internation Gateway are outside the park, while the lockers at the main entrance are inside the park. I would like to store them outside the park, plus I think it would be easier to walk to Beach Club and get an Uber to the airport from there vs. the main entrance. So, all that to say we were planning on taking a bus from our resort AS Music, but if we want to enter via the IG we will also have to take an Uber to the park (Beach Club) correct? This was a last minute reservation, I would love to stay at POP and take the skyliner but Music was the only available room under $600 this weekend.

We only have a quick weekend and only that one day at Epcot so we want to make the most of our time, but I also don't want to spend unnecessary money either.

We are going next weekend for a quick trip and leaving for MCO from Epcot for a late evening flight. We will check out of our room in the morning and take our bags, backpacks only, to Epcot to store in a locker until we take an uber/Lyft to the airport. From what I can see the locker at the Internation Gateway are outside the park, while the lockers at the main entrance are inside the park. I would like to store them outside the park, plus I think it would be easier to walk to Beach Club and get an Uber to the airport from there vs. the main entrance. So, all that to say we were planning on taking a bus from our resort AS Music, but if we want to enter via the IG we will also have to take an Uber to the park (Beach Club) correct? This was a last minute reservation, I would love to stay at POP and take the skyliner but Music was the only available room under $600 this weekend.

We only have a quick weekend and only that one day at Epcot so we want to make the most of our time, but I also don't want to spend unnecessary money either.
make sure the lockers are big enough to hold your bags. the ones I remember would hold backpacks but not sure about the bags. plus bags are not allowed on resort to park buses unless this has changed

I believe the reordering of the IG turnstiles have moved them inside the gate. I'm not 100% but from what I'm picturing you pass the lockers (which is also where you get strollers and wheelchairs) before you leave the park. Which means they are inside security. To my knowledge ALL outside security/park lockers are gone, in every park.

make sure the lockers are big enough to hold your bags. the ones I remember would hold backpacks but not sure about the bags. plus bags are not allowed on resort to park buses unless this has changed
OP says "backpacks only"

Thanks everyone, I will assume all lockers are after security so for that issue it won't matter what entrance we use. However, when we leave the park, is it best to get picked up by Uber at the main entrance, or walk from IG to Beach Club?

Thanks everyone, I will assume all lockers are after security so for that issue it won't matter what entrance we use. However, when we leave the park, is it best to get picked up by Uber at the main entrance, or walk from IG to Beach Club?
We've done both. Epcot is always our last day park.
When we stay at BWI (which is majority of our trips) we get our Uber to the airport from there
When we don't stay at BWI, we bring our bag to store in the lockers and take it from the front.
I'd say it really doesn't make a huge difference. I'd look at the logistics of my plan for the day and go from there
Where do you plan to spend your time at Epcot? In the WS or all over? If it's mostly WS, then use IG. If it's all over, do you have FP planned in the front of the park at the end of your day? If it's FW, then use the front entrance.

The map show
The question is, where are the IG lockers, not ARE there IG lockers.
That doesn't indicate if they are inside or outside security.
The map shows the same or close to the stroller rental location.

I mainly posted the link for the the dimensions and cost of the lockers, which was also discussed in this thread.

Since remodeling of the IG and addition of the Skyliner, mostly everything is post Security.

The map show

The map shows the same or close to the stroller rental location.

I mainly posted the link for the the dimensions and cost of the lockers, which was also discussed in this thread.

Since remodeling of the IG and addition of the Skyliner, mostly everything is post Security.
It IS the exactly same location as stroller rental at the IG, I'm positive of that.

According to Disney’s own location map, they are inside security.

Another option is to check your bags with luggage services at the Beach Club.
I am seriously considering just that. I wouldn't if we weren't staying on site, but since we are staying at a Disney resort I feel ok with it. I just think that leaving the park, we will have less hassle being picked up by Uber at BC vs the front of the park.

I get what you are saying re quickie weekend trip (planned one for this weekend last Sunday myself (yea). Have you considered trying to rent a car? Was able to grab one using codes in the February rental thread for under $150 for ‘a week’/what came out to be 4 days in rental car calculations

)
Another option is to check your bags with luggage services at the Beach Club.
Interesting, had no idea you could check luggage at a resort you weren’t registered

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter