• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which Disney restaurants were you unhappy with?

Pinocchio Village Haus has lost points since they removed Figaro Fries from the menu years ago. Now we prefer to dine at Pecos Bill's or Columbia Harbor House.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Oh my gosh, do I miss Figaro Fries!

I didn't like the setting of BOG for dinner, it felt like a huge canteen not a restaurant. Tables were way too close together, service was rushed and we felt rushed out of there. It was noisy, it truly felt like a school dinner hall to me. The food was ok but nothing special.

I didn't like the setting of BOG for dinner, it felt like a huge canteen not a restaurant. Tables were way too close together, service was rushed and we felt rushed out of there. It was noisy, it truly felt like a school dinner hall to me. The food was ok but nothing special.

I'm so torn on BOG I'm soooo in love with beauty and the beast but I have to agree with you, I don't want to feel that way and I will probably even go again but I was hoping for a more cozy feel i get the ball room is large and open but the tables were so very close and did give that cafeteria sound. Wish they had kid friendly options too, I have picky girls and even the Mac and cheese was too fancy for them :) however moment beast twirled by little belle just melted my heart to pieces.... We go for experiences anyways not food.

I've had some really excellent meals at WDW, but to us, the weakest links were Kona Cafe which had great service, but a dull menu, Flying Fish where we had very bad service, and Tony's which is cute, but has very bland tasting red sauce. Chef Mickey's is weak, but you kind of know that you are going there for the characters. Coral Reef is a trade off. You get the amazing tank and the unamazing meal. As for San Angel, the atmosphere is lovely, but the food s definitely no better than a chain Mexican restaurant.

The only really "bad" meal I've ever had at WDW was the dinner buffet at 1900 Park Fare. I wouldn't mind spending that much for "ok" food at a character buffet. But spending that much for barely edible food was more than even the stepsisters could make up for. :crazy2:

Hollywood and Vine was by far the worst place I have ever eaten at WDW. From the waiter to the food, just horrible. Maybe he was having a bad day and made the rest of the experience bad. :confused3 Don't think I will try that one again for a looong while.

We loved 50's Prime Time. I had the Caesar salad with Salmon and Dh had the fried Chicken. Both meals were very good.

The one place we hated and will never go back to was Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. The all you can eat platter was disgusting and nobody in my family liked anything there except the milkshakes.

My parents love prime time it is their must do but I get food poisoning literally every time I have been, it is the day I skip group lunch now. Coral reef was amazing the first time we went, 7 years ago, last few times it has not been good. But for me 50s prime time is the worst and my absolute must miss even though it is one of my parents faves.

We've been to 'ohana 3 times and will not be back. Each visit it has gotten worse. The meat is tough and the service bad.

We had a bad experience at Crystal Palace. Arrived at 11:00 for an 11:15 ADR. Was finally seated at 11:45 after standing in the scorching heat. For some reason, a couple of the characters skipped our table. We were located in the middle of the room. When I asked a CM if we could get a visit from these characters, she said she would try to see if they would come to our table. After waiting a ridiculous amount of time, we left. Walked out at 1:40. Two hours and forty minutes spent on a buffet where the food was just alright and never got to see all the characters.

While I love Tusker House and found it to be the best buffet in Disney, we had a very odd character interaction there. While my daughter, son-in-law, granddaughter(3) and grandson(18 months) were posing for their photo with Donald Duck outside the restaurant, my grandson was trying to touch Donald. Donald brushed my grandson's hand away and proceeded to change spots with my daughter, so my grandson couldn't touch him. It was weird.

I've never understood the attraction with 50's Primetime. To each their own, I guess.

As far as counter service, Backlot Express disappointed me. The salad I had was just plain awful and the food my family ordered didn't look much better.

1900 Park Fare - the only redeeming quality to the experience was the step-sisters and Lady Tremaine. Even my kids, who usually eat any and everything, didn't like it.

I have to agree here. The food wasn't bad, but it was just buffet food. This is also where I learned that I don't think I'm a character meal person.

For us its California grill.
Service was so bad & slow there, didn't think the food was that special either.

We had a bad experience at Crystal Palace. Arrived at 11:00 for an 11:15 ADR. Was finally seated at 11:45 after standing in the scorching heat. For some reason, a couple of the characters skipped our table. We were located in the middle of the room. When I asked a CM if we could get a visit from these characters, she said she would try to see if they would come to our table. After waiting a ridiculous amount of time, we left. Walked out at 1:40. Two hours and forty minutes spent on a buffet where the food was just alright and never got to see all the characters.

The Crystal Palace is known for running a bit behind. You also need to know that an ADR does not guarantee you will be seated at that exact time. It guarantees you the next table that opens up for your party size. Being seated a half an hour after your ADR time is pretty normal at the Crystal Palace.

Also, the characters work the room in set patterns. I think they sometimes forget where they are when the signal to have the parade goes off. We have had to ask to see characters there too.

The Crystal Palace is known for running a bit behind. You also need to know that an ADR does not guarantee you will be seated at that exact time. It guarantees you the next table that opens up for your party size. Being seated a half an hour after your ADR time is pretty normal at the Crystal Palace.

Also, the characters work the room in set patterns. I think they sometimes forget where they are when the signal to have the parade goes off. We have had to ask to see characters there too.

Thanks for this response. If this is the norm for Crystal Palace, it will probably be awhile before we return.

Ohana.

While it wasn't the food, it was all delicious, the service was just beyond pitiful.

Everything was fine and dandy until the meats were supposed to make their rounds. Well, I guess where my table was it was at the end of where the skewers would run out, and instead of going back from where they ended, they started the rounds at the beginning. Point is there was a 30 minute gap between the time our noodles and veggies were delivered before the first skewer came to the table.

Thanks for this response. If this is the norm for Crystal Palace, it will probably be awhile before we return.

Ugh! I know that is what happens at most places, but I am glad we only go there for breakfast and always get the 8am ADR when the restaurant opens.

My least favorite restaurant in my opinion is Sci-fi. We dined here twice actually.. giving it another go, just in case we went on an off-night the first time. Well the second time, we were still let down and won't go back. The food was not good and the only thing it has going for it is the atmosphere.. they really should play something better on the big screen though. Seeing the loop over and over again got kind of annoying.

We also will not go back to Tony's in MK. My Mom got so sick after eating there. There were flies all over the restaurant, it was awful! Food was not good. But this was not a recent visit.. we were just so turned off by our experience that we vowed to never go back, as there are so many better restaurants in WDW. MK is definitely lacking on TS... even with Be Our Guest since it is so hard to get into. I am not in any hurry to eat there either. I'd rather dine at one of the monorail resorts.

Extremely disappointed with the service at BOG. Food was ok, atmosphere very nice, service HORRIBLE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter