Which Disney restaurants were you unhappy with?

Agree that posts like these are subjective, but we are done with Le Cellier. Been there a few times last few years lunch and dinner. Love the atmosphere, service is spotty at best, but the main issue is quality of the steaks. They have always been good, not great.....not even close to great. You are basically getting a $23 filet and paying $46 for it. The steak quality is around that of a Longhorn chain (which we like!) we were expecting a much higher quality of steak based on the Le Cellier reputation.
Again, the meals were not bad, but the price versus the quality of the cut of steak is ridiculous . We are happy to pay premium prices for a premium steak, but Le Cellier is not it. Also have the same issue to a lesser extent with the Yachtsman.

Really hoping to try Shula's as we have heard they have the best quality steaks on property...

Oddly enough, we have never had a bad meal at OHanas for dinner or Tusker House for breakfast...... But wife thinks I'm not right in the head because on our one trip to Tonys at MK, I actually enjoyed my entree...
:)

We went 4 years ago and I have to agree with Le Cellier! We waited forever even with our ADR, the food was bad, the service was even worse and we felt like we were sitting on top of everyone around us. The tables were way too close together!

ABC Commissary--Went on our first trip in 2005 because we didn't know better. I still have nightmares about that place!

Yachtsman Steakhouse--Worst steaks my family has ever had! We walked out of there and said NEVER again!

Just wondering if anyone was unhappy with a Disney restaurant and would suggest avoiding it. Our last trip to Disney was our first time there and we were very happy with most of the restaurants except for 50's Primetime Cafe. Yuck! The 50's atmosphere of linoleum, formica, and flowery wallpaper is probably really cute to some but my brain just screamed "remodel!" LOL. However, the main problem was the food which was unedible to me. We all left hungry because we couldn't stomach the food and went to get snacks. :)

Are there any others to avoid?

Crystal Palace is our one and only terrible experience. The restaurant was dirty, the food was only luke warm, and when my DH cut into his salmon, it was raw :faint:.

I would say the only restaurant that I really disliked was the 50's Restaurant. We all thought the food was horrible. I have had better frozen meals.

THIS!! Also, Tony's.....love the atmosphere but dinner was nothing special for the price. We have had breakfast at Tony's and it was good.

The spaghetti at Tony's tasted exactly like the spaghetti that I had at the POP food court!

Dinner at 1900 Park Fare was gross to us, we like breakfast though.

And I have to admit to LOVING TRex. I know it's gimmicky, but I have always had good food there, and I'm actually kind of picky.

We have three and we are also of 3 strikes and you are out:

San Angel Inn
Coral Reef
Mama Melrose

It was really a combination of service directly from the server, wait times to get food, and food quality.

I'm a little confused on what you expected with '50s... the whole point is that you're supposed to feel like you're in a 1950s kitchen, so yes, it's going to have those kinds of decorations! I think it's actually pretty impressive that they're able to make it so convincing. I understand that it's not everyone's thing (it's certainly not a dining atmosphere that I'd want to be in every day or anything), but it's kind of like going to Sci-Fi and complaining that you have to sit in a car. :confused3

As for my "disappointments," I have been lucky enough to have been happy with most or all of the TS restaurants we have dined at in WDW; I think only QS places have been a letdown for me

I agree with you. I haven't came away from any table service restaurant thinking I wont eat here ever again! I love 50's PT, I've been there 3 times and been very pleased all 3 times. I crave the filet from Le Ceiller, even though I don't think it is worth the new, jacked up price.

The only place I would never return to is the ABC Commissary. I've gone hungry rather than try to gag down what they pass off as food.:crazy2:

We were not impressed with Yachtsmans and won't go back. The food was ok but the service was awful. We also were not impressed with BOG

Tony's Town Square: bland, bland, bland

Chef Mickey's dinner: I just had to see for myself didn't I? Never again

Coral Reef: we didn't enjoy our meal here at all. Food quality was bad (tough/overcooked steaks) and the service was awful. I was surprised by the noise level too. I *might* would try this one again, but it will be a looooong time before I do.
If food was so bad- did you send it back? With all this complaining and if food is not getting sent back then they will not get the message

I will not hesitate to send something back if it is way over/undercooked or too salty etc They need to know

I've only had one meal I was truly disappointed in and that was Coral Reef back in 2009. The meal started off really well in that we were seated literally right next to the tank--you don't get much better seating many other places! Part of my disappointment was that I had my heart set on getting a certain dish (can't remember what it was now) and the posted menu on wdwinfo and allears was different than what was currently offered; I guess they must have just changed the menu. I ended up getting mushroom lasagna (or some variation of that) and although on the menu it sounded great, in reality it was just bad. You know the feeling when something's too chewy--it's kind of hard to describe but something shouldn't be exceptionally chewy and wet and it is.

My mom wasn't impressed with whatever fish she got there, but she is very picky and her not being impressed isn't unusual. My experience, IMO, was a red flag for me and therefore we won't be returning anytime soon.

I'm not a very picky person and am usually very easy to please. But here are the ones I was disappointed in.

1. Coral Reef - Service was terrible. Restaurant was so dark that I could hardly see my food or friends. We were seated as far back from the aquarium as possible and never saw the first fish thanks to the glare in the glass. Very sub par meal and a high price tag. Nothing about it was good. I doubt I'd go back.

2. Via Napoli - Had to wait almost 20 minutes to be seated even though I had an ADR. Restaurant was extremely loud. Food was only mediocre. My Pizza was pretty good, but the appetizers were pretty meh. And the spaghetti was nothing special. Service was decent. I think maybe we just caught them on a bad day.

3. San Angel Inn - Service was great, atmosphere was great, I just wasn't a fan of the food. I prefer the food at my local Mexican restaurants to it. Just wasn't for me I guess.

For those of you who mentioned San Angel - is it La Hacienda or the Restaurante? We've been to the Restaurante, and it was pretty good (I'll be honest, there was air conditioning, so that's all I really remember...):rotfl:

Anyway, we will be going there again in August after four years - I hope it hasn't changed for the worse...

My vote goes to Coral Reef. Poor service, awful food. This fish tanks were nice, but we didn't get to sit anywhere near those...

Mama Melrose....gross...greasy...and the chef never came out to discuss what was safe on the menu for my daughter who has food allergies. (In the past 4xs we went the chef has come out).

Thats the only one that I can think of off the top of my head that I would NEVER do again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter