Which cruise would you pick?

So my 3 family members just weighed in that January works a lot better for their calendars than April. I have to admit that I'm really sad and worried now. I feel like all the things I LOVE about DCL are going to be so different on the Wish. They're not going to get to experience what I love about it.

We are not into characters, princesses or dinner shows. Those things are fine! But not what we enjoy about Disney. I love walking around Deck 4, eating the MDRs, Cabanas in the morning, swimming in the adult areas, and having drinks in the adult lounges at night.

So many of those things are different on the Wish from what I've read. It really seems geared towards characters and shows. All I can envision is tables close together, characters singing over my meal, and trying to get a reservation in a lounge (unsuccessfully) to have a drink in the evening. I talked them into this cruise and now I feel like I'm trying to talk them out of it since The Wish is what we'll be on if we decide to do it. Help!!??
We’re also not into characters, princesses or dinner shows and we loved the Wish. Like everyone else, we were scared after reading reviews and was super surprised that we liked it so much. I love all the adult areas and except for the pool area. It wasn’t terrible but I like the Dream/Fantasy a lot more because they are more relaxing. The food on the Wish was a bonus for us. I love the quick service options and we had great meals in the MDR.

I haven't done the Dream but I've done the Fantasy and the Wish. We did a back to back on the Wish and had a great time (and we've sailed on the Magic and Wonder multiple times as well so it's not like we don't know what the other ships are like). Realistically for a three night cruise, you aren't going to have tons of time anyway to do stuff like sit around in the adults area.

Here are some recommendations and things I liked about the Wish:
- Nightingales Bar! My favorite bar on any ship, by a pretty wide margin. Super fun drinks, really pretty atmosphere, I was just sad we only tried it on the back half of our Wish trip.
- The pool food on the Wish is so good! Love Donald's Cantina!
- Do the 'speakeasy' Old Fashioned's at Hook's Barbery. It's fun to have them craft your drink in front of you to your specifications. It's a splurge but not something you can get on any of the other (currently sailing) ships.
- Get a rainforest room pass. If you can do late dining, do that, and then go to the rainforest room during the first dining if you don't care about the shows. I had the rainforest room literally to myself!
- Consider doing an Enchante or Palo dinner one of the nights if you really don't like shows at dinner
- Depending on how much you care about castaway cay, I'd say skip it, stay on the ship, and do the adult pool area then. That's what we did and there was almost no one there. Look at that infinity pool!

Don't let the Wish haters get you down! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time as long as you go in with an open mind. It's different but there are plenty of great things about that ship and plenty of potential for a lovely vacation.

Attachments

• PXL_20221201_164420406.jpg
    PXL_20221201_164420406.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 7

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter