Which Airport- HND or NRT?

TheHamm

DIS Veteran
I am trying to shoe horn in a side trip to Disney Sea while on a business trip. My options are (1) go directly after my plane arrives and stay for about 6 hours on a Monday night (2) spend my last night there and go for the Sunday morning before I need to catch a plane. I have taken the trains in Tokyo extensively so am not intimidated, and understand there is a bus to both Haneda and Narita. I can fly into or out of either and the times are almost the same (+/- 30 minutes). Are there any opinions as to which airport is better to extend my time at the park?

For the airport limo, timing wise HND leaves later and both get me to the airport >2.5 hours before my flight. The subway has more departure times so I could get a little more time out of it, but then have the hassle of lugging my suitcase on the subway.

NRT is over an hour outside of Disney so the easy answer is HND.
Thank you. The bus times I can find are 55minutes to Haneda and 1:20 to NRT, so not a giant time savings? HND does look like a smaller airport, and ease of navigation would be worth considering as well.

Thank you both, booking now!
And hoping rugby world cup fans don't mess up all my transport!

I too prefer Haneda, over Narita. However, I always fly Singapore to Tokyo, thus I get stuck with landing in NRT.

The Rugby World Cup hadn't messed up anything for me transportation wise although it was very rowdy one morning at my hotel in Yokohama because some team was staying there.

We flew into NRT (via Singapore airlines)
We departed out of HND
Haneda is certainly closer and less travel time

We did not have a option to choose airports. It was determined when we booked our airfare and which flights/airports matched our travel plans and schedule.

Tip-
Do look at airfare prices for both airports.
We found that the prices can drastically vary depending upon the airport you are using.

For anyone using NRT the airport limo bus is cheap and very easy to use.
Just about a 1 hour ride from Airport to Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

We also used the airport limo bus DL hotel to NRT airport
had to make a number of other hotel stops along the way.
But again it's cheap and simple to use

We flew into NRT (via Singapore airlines)
We departed out of HND
Haneda is certainly closer and less travel time

We did not have a option to choose airports. It was determined when we booked our airfare and which flights/airports matched our travel plans and schedule.

Tip-
Do look at airfare prices for both airports.
We found that the prices can drastically vary depending upon the airport you are using.

For anyone using NRT the airport limo bus is cheap and very easy to use.
Just about a 1 hour ride from Airport to Tokyo Disneyland Hotel

We also used the airport limo bus DL hotel to NRT airport
had to make a number of other hotel stops along the way.
But again it's cheap and simple to use

Thank you for the insight. I am also flying into NRT, and was planning to use the limo bus to get to the parks. I do not have much time as this is an add onto a business trip, so it is good to know I should temper my expectation of efficient and expedient bus transport! I can get the evening ticket on the night I fly in and do 4pm-10pm and make my meeting the next afternoon.

I am also flying out of HND and considering trying to sneek in a morning at TRD (I am planning on disney sea the first evening, but really want to see the land a bit, too). It is ridiculous to try to squeeze in a few park hours before a flight, I know, but I think I could stay until lunch time, which is better than no time! Did you take the bus to HND and did you find it as easy as the bus from NRT?

yes, we took the bus back to HND still easy
we did make a loop around the other hotels and parks to pick up others. I think the Disneyland Hotel was the first stop.
Not a massive issue..just takes sometime to pick everyone up. So the bus ride felt like a longer ride (even though the HND airport is closer)

Tip
You will need to prebook the return limo bus transfer. This can be done from the limo bus website
they did not take reservations from airport to TDR in advanced. You buy your ticket at the airport.
For us staying at the Disneyland hotel we had to check in at the bell services desk and pay (CASH only) for the return trip tickets. They had a list of names for those who prebooked the limo bus service. They will then load the bus via calling out your names in the order you checked in.
I think sometimes the return buses get packed...so having that pre booked reservation will help you get a seat.

FYI the limo bus website will list the different bus times and stops
different times have different drop off/pick up stops. So it pays to work out which suit you better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter