Which airline have you used the most and why?

I usually fly American...BUT prefer Midwest Express...try them once, and you will be hooked, I promise!!!!!

I like to fly SWA out of Hartford (BDL) or Providence (PVD). Their prices are great, and I even earned a free ticket with them this year! Couldn't come close with anyone else. When my FIL passed away this spring, they were terrific about helping us reroute some of our tickets. The lack of assigned seats doesn't bother me at all. I get to choose to sit away from the preboarders and the small children (LOL--been there, done that, not ready for grandchildren yet!)

I have always used Us Air mainly because it is convienment. Us Air is the major carrier at my local airport. I could travel an hour for more choices at a different airport but the money saved was not enough to override the convienence of leaving from the local airport.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-87 Offsite
7-87 Offsite
7-00 DL
7-01 Poly
7-02 WL
Dec FW

We fly Northwest out of Detroit. We have Spirit and NW with direct flights, but I have heard so many negative things about Spirit (delays, cancellations) that I'm not interested. NW offers more options and I LOVE the e-tickets and printing boarding passes before we leave the house. Last time we left MCO there was a very LOOOOOONG line at the check in counters and we just went to their computer printed our boarding passes, handed off our luggage and were in the security line in about five minutes.

AmericaWest nonstop from Las Vegas.Convenience:D

Southwest – without a doubt!

Ever since they came to Albany, NY I have used them constantly. I usually take at least two trips a year for vacation and have used them a few more for business. While the check in process is not my favorite I would not switch back to another airline unless I had no option.

Southwest is almost always on time. I used to take Delta and US Air all the time. In my experience Delta was ALWAYS late and US Air was usually late.

I find the staff to be the friendliest around, with the possible exception of the people who give out the boarding passes at the gate (I have not flow since they changed their process a couple months ago though). I can understand why they are sometimes a little less "delightful" with the mobs of people jockeying for a place in line to be the first to get a boarding pass.

They have only one class of passengers.

All the planes I have flown on with Southwest look brand new and are always very clean.

Did I mention price?! Albany used to be one of the most expensive regional airports in the nation before Southwest came. Not any more. A flight that used to cost me $400 round trip to Orlando now cost me on average of $150. I have taken a couple of the $98 specials too!

I cannot say enough good things about Southwest. I even bought 5 shares of their stock at buyandhold.com. I have never done anything like that before!

There is wind in the air that Jet Blue is coming to Albany in 2004. From what I understand they are in direct competition with Southwest so it will be interesting to see what happens. But that won’t change the fact that I LOVE SOUTHWEST.

Thanks, Ken
:D

Definitely Continental, primarily due to convenience. Among the airports within 125 miles of here, Continental has the most flights. Only 2 airlines fly out of the airport in our town-Continental and Southwest. And surprisingly, Continental is often the cheaper of the 2. The next closest airport, 30 miles, only flies Continental. Fifty miles to get another-American, but they only have 2 flights per day, and I don't feel too comfortable about their financial situation. Next airport, like I said, is 125 miles. And fortunately, we've really liked Continental's service.

We fly American, ATA, or AirTran- whichever has the best rates for the time we want to fly. Mostly it has been Air Tran. Cheap and reliable.

Fly many out of Chicago. American is now preferred airline and one I have used most since it widened the space between its seats. I don't mind paying a little premium to keep my knees from being in my chest.

Most?

Southwest.

Why? 3 reasons.

1. Only non-stop flights to MCO from ALB
2. Cheap
3. Stockholder

We've used Continental a lot. The hub (Newark Airport) is an easy commute from home, their flights are frequent with a good choice of times and the one time we had to change flight times because their schedules changed we had no hassle getting a rebate on the price difference.

Our local airport in central IL has only American and Northwest. My DH flies a lot on business and uses American almost exclusively. I also prefer American.

Have always used NWA or Continental mainly because they have the best routes and times out of Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing or Detroit. They offer some great prices too, Like $132.50 R/T for our Oct trip and $222.50 R/T for our New Years trip. Really like the alliance between the two, and it's free first class upgrades on both with the silver elite program. Now if Delta joins it will be even better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter