• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which airline have you used the most and why?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
We have flown 4 times to WDW and three of those times we have used Northwest. For us, it's the most convenient with times, especially with flying out of Lansing, MI.

The price has been reasonable and IMHO their website is very easy to use!!

Personnel has always been friendly to us, too.:)

We fly out of Chicago, and our trips used to be pretty evenly split between United, ATA, and American. Now that United and American have stopped matching ATA's rates, we have been on ATA for almost every one of our Disney cruises this year (although we are flying American next week). I used to prefer Midway Airport till they remodeled it...now it's almost as bad as O'Hare! I like their new food court, though, and I recently found an offsite parking place on the internet, so those two things might raise it in my estimation. We love ATA's new stretch 757's, and we've gotten good service from them...only consistent problem is that they are slow to deliver the luggage, but their great fares make up for that. Our next two flights on them are Oct. and Nov.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

One vote for Southwest here. Although it is not non stop from here (San Jose, CA) I just love their no nonsense attitude and they are hardly ever late.:bounce:

In the past, Delta by a mile. I lived in GA until 1998 and travelled extensively for business for three years. Delta dominates ATL(just as other airlines dominate other hubs), so they were the most convenient for me.

Second would be AirTran. Unfortunately they don't fly out of RIC, but they do fly out of Newport News and have direct service to MCO, so that's a definite plus in their favor.

Next month, DW and I are flying US Airways out of RIC (not a hub for them, but they have about 37% of the flights out of here), my first time flying them in a looooooong time.

SWA here. Love the on time record, no nonsense, fun approach to flying. Some don't like the boarding procedure, but, it has worked for them for 30+ years and it is really no hassle at all.

USAirways,the only choice for non-stops from PIT to MCO and just about everywhere else. Southwest doesn't even fly into PIT, I wish they would. You can get connections on Delta & Air Tran in Atlanta, but they usually are not cheaper.

Another vote for Southwest!! Great low fares and almost always on time. I have three DD's, the youngest being 1, so I like the boarding, LOL!

We could fly out of Portland (Maine) which is only 35 mins from our home, but choose to drive 90 min to Manchester, NH for most of our trips.

SWA people are friendly, flights are almost always on time and the rates are great! We don't mind the boarding (although we've yet to experience their newest procedures ;))

For a whole bunch of trips we used Sun Country which was fine...

but THEN we discovered Northwest and found such a difference in comfort and schedules...Northwest beating out Sun Country now every time for us.

So Northwest gets our business...I just wish those rates would go back down to where they were oh so many months ago!

Happy Flying! :)

For me it's pretty even between Delta and Northwest. Over the years, I've gotten the best prices and best flight times with those two carriers. I've had very, very few problems or glitches with either one, so I've been content.

Jet Blue. The fares are reasonable, the seats are leather and roomy, and 24 channels of direct TV in each seat can't be beat!

We always fly Continental or US AIR. We are lucky enough to be 1 hr from both airports. Whoever has the lower fares we go with. We have most of our FF miles with Continental. We just booked 3 free(FF miles) tx to San Antonio for next June with Continental.:bounce:

I always fly Delta. Since we can't go anywhere here without going to Atlanta first, Delta is our best pick. I use them for work too and am only 5 segments away from Silver Medallion for this year!!!

We fly out of IND and have a choice of SWA, ATA and Delta Express for non-stop flights to MCO. We fly with Delta Express because of the departure times and their fares are as good, if not better, than the other two. No one airline dominates the Indy airport, so we usually get good fares to most destinations.

Definitely Southwest! The Boarding procedure works for us since we have two little kids! We love the non stop flights to Orlando as well and the great airfare deals we get through them! I wouldn't even consider flying anyone else! :):)

American Airlines because they have non-stop flights from STL to MCO AND they have assigned seating.

Out of Dulles we use Delta to Atlanta. They have the best prices for us and the times work too. When I was flying out of Philly, it was either Delta or US Air depending on price and time. Delta usually won there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter