Which ADRs do you have booked?

Breakfasts at akershus (done this before, loved it) and kona cafe (new).

Lunches at jungle safari canteen (new) and beaches and cream (new)

Dinners at San Angel (the one inside, new) and paddlefish (new).

Last time we did CRT, whispering canyon, and biergarten - in addition to akershus. They all were fun, whispering canyon great for the kids - especially nice to have something interactive that wasn't princesses for my son- but the only one we feel we *must* go back to is akershus. We loved the food and the character interaction was very nice. Love Mary poppins!

I had more, but canceled them as we were tired and the food from the lounge and room service at WL was fantastic.

First time ever at Disney! I'm becoming obsessed. I wanna try them all :'(
We have ADRs for :

The Boathouse (dinner)
Yak & Yeti (lunch)
Rainforest Cafe (dinner -- might drop that one though)
BOG (breakfast)
CRT (dinner)
Bon Voyage Breakfast
'Ohana (dinner)

We have a five-year-old and a three-year-old. For our next trip we've booked:

-Trattoria al Forno (the new character breakfast -- not gonna lie though, it's mostly for me; we'll be there on my birthday, and I love Flynn Rider!)
-Be Our Guest (breakfast -- unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a dinner reservation, which sucks because my 5yo is obsessed with the Beast. I figure he'll like just being in the castle)

We've taken them to Crystal Palace for breakfast before, and they loved it!

Many of your faves are ours too (we have a 5.5 yo and a 1.5 yo). We are also doing the Bon Voyage breakfast on my birthday... I have a feeling there will be as many moms there for Flynn as there are little girls for Rapunzel... :rotfl2:

For BOG dinner - get the MDE app *and* get on the Restaurant cancellations thread, and check constantly during your trip. You might be able to snag a reservation if someone cancels the day before (so they don't get charged). I found the afternoons the day before (so 24-30 hours before) to be the best for all sorts of cancellations. Good luck and don't give up! BOG dinner is my daughter's favorite restaurant, and we love the Beast!
*Oh, also sign up for Touring Plans' reservation finder, but be ready to act the minute you get that text!

With kids, we found family-style meals (where they bring a large platter of things to share, and bring more of whatever you need) to be most pleasant. Buffets meant wrangling kids with trips to the buffet and extra plates, and table service was nice but it did take a little longer (and hungry little kids aren't exactly known for patience).

Depends on your adult-to-kid ratio though. :)

We had the best time at 'Ohana breakfast and next trip I am making a pitch for Garden Grill for this very reason. :)

Just wondering which restaurants do this, as I also strongly dislike buffet for the reason you mentioned. With any children under the age of 5, it is virtually impossible to all be seated together, and usually my husband and I go up in shifts to get the food for the younger ones. We did Crystal Palace for breakfast (although a very late one) with a one and two year old many years ago and it was not relaxing at all. You sit down, then you are up again for more food for someone. I love the idea where they bring a platter of shareable items! That is totally my style!

Just wondering which restaurants do this, as I also strongly dislike buffet for the reason you mentioned. With any children under the age of 5, it is virtually impossible to all be seated together, and usually my husband and I go up in shifts to get the food for the younger ones. We did Crystal Palace for breakfast (although a very late one) with a one and two year old many years ago and it was not relaxing at all. You sit down, then you are up again for more food for someone. I love the idea where they bring a platter of shareable items! That is totally my style!

Ohana, Garden Grill, Hoop Dee Doo, and Spirit of Aloha are the ones I can think of right now. Liberty Tree Tavern I think might too, but don't quote me on that.

We will have 4 grandkids (ages 1-5) on our 2018 trip. We don't like too many ADRs and neither do their parents:) We are staying Poly CL so want to take advantage of the lounge offerings as fill-ins. But that said, we plan to reserve:

1900 Park Fare for early dinner on arrival day
CRT late breakfast on an MK morning following BBB for the girls
Tusker House on our AK day - late breakfast reservation to take advantage of rope drop rides
'Ohana - possibly for breakfast on a non-park morning since we are right there

We have 3 kids - ages 12, 10 and 2.

For our upcoming trip we have:
-Ohana dinner
-Via Napoli
-Tusker House breakfast (but want to swap out for ROL dinner package)
-Raglan Road
-San Angel Inn
-Skippers Canteen
-Biergarten
-Hoop de Doo Review
-Kona breakfast

Some of these are new to us, and some are favorites that we return to often (Ohana, Via Napoli, Biergarten)

Ohana, Garden Grill, Hoop Dee Doo, and Spirit of Aloha are the ones I can think of right now. Liberty Tree Tavern I think might too, but don't quote me on that.

Aha! I just quoted you! ;) Anyway, thanks so much! I'll have to look into these!

We are going for 10 days in July with our son who will be turning 12. He specifically requested Chef Mickey's Breakfast Buffet as it was the only restaurant he remembers from his last trip when he was 8. Other than that, we so far have the following ADRs booked:
O'Hana(Dinner)
Crystal Palace(Breakfast)
Sci Fi Drive in Theater(lunch)
Coral Reef(Dinner)
Boathouse(Dinner)

We are still trying to decide on a few more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter