Where would you stay?

cajunprincess

DIS Veteran
I'm going with my family to WDW in May 2013. We were planning on staying at CBR and getting rooms close to each other. Today, my dad suggested we could get a 2 bedroom at Old Key West. It would cost me about $600 more but I also would be going for a few extra days this way instead of going for the 5 days I originally planned on, so I'm getting more this way. We will be bringing our infant and I think my parents want to be as close as possible at all times. LOL. Staying at OKW would give us a washer/dryer in the room.

So...would you do it? Or would you just stick to adjoining rooms at CBR?

TIA :thumbsup2

With an infant I think I would go with the extra space at OKW. Plus, you'll have a kitchen, too.

OKW would be my pick. Remember that there are no elevators, so if you get a third floor villa, you'll get a work out.

OKW usually has a lot of availability, so you might be able to save some $$ by renting points vs. booking through WDW.

why do you have to stay longer?

is this a RCI exchange? then you will also need a transfer.

the point cost for a week in May is 269 points

weekday (sun-thurs) - 37 points a night
weekend (fri/sat) -- 42 points a night

so your total cost for a week should be $2,690 or less - or you are being charged too much.

the going rate for OKW is $10 per point.

why do you have to stay longer?

is this a RCI exchange? then you will also need a transfer.

the point cost for a week in May is 269 points

weekday (sun-thurs) - 37 points a night
weekend (fri/sat) -- 42 points a night

so your total cost for a week should be $2,690 or less - or you are being charged too much.

the going rate for OKW is $10 per point.

I have to stay longer b/c my parents are going longer than I was originally planning. :)

My dad did this calculating through Disney including tickets w/ water parks and park hopper, & the dining plan.

I don't really know anything about the renting point thing, though. :confused3

I think I would probably take the extra room with the infant also....and that's the only reason. Just from looks of resorts I, personally, would rather stay CBR. No real reason, I just liked the looks of that more, but that being said i would still choose the 2 bedroom OKW.

Between the two, I have only stayed at OKW. I really like the resort. The rooms as PPs have said have kitchens/washer-dryer... The pool is also very nice, w/ a slide! You can also take a nice boat ride to DTD! So my pick would be OKW!

Enjoy your trip! :goodvibes

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter