Where will you never eat again in Epcot

Space220. We were prepared for the cost but I had to return my duck entree 2x. My husband big steak was overcooked. He didn't want to say anything bc we felt it was pointless due to my situation.
This is the same story I hear from many others and it is deterring me from trying it. The price doesn't allow for bad food or service IMHO.

San Angel Inn was a big disappointment when we went in March 2022. We had a larger-ish group and booked due to several wanting it for nostalgia reasons. It was the only meal of the trip we encountered servers and hosts who were a bit rude and off-putting. And the food is not as anyone remembered. Some items were good but we were sad to find the Sopa Azteca was nowhere near the more authentic version they used to serve, chips and salsa on the table were a thing of the past. I wasn't surprised but it was a bummer for the others in our group who had hoped for a better evening.

Have 2.
Space 220. Sorry maybe my expectations were too high because I was so excited for it. Food was just ok. Not bad. I know I’m paying for the experience here but it wasn’t great either. The experience going up is so fun. But the excitement ended there. The restaurant was boring. We were off to the side and barely saw anything (including our server lol). For that price I can do way better. It was a one and done for us.
San Angel. Used to be our favorite but this last time- food was just not good. Our server was very short and just not nice at all. We had some amazing servers this past trip but she was probably the worst.

San Angel Inn was a big disappointment when we went in March 2022. We had a larger-ish group and booked due to several wanting it for nostalgia reasons. It was the only meal of the trip we encountered servers and hosts who were a bit rude and off-putting. And the food is not as anyone remembered. Some items were good but we were sad to find the Sopa Azteca was nowhere near the more authentic version they used to serve, chips and salsa on the table were a thing of the past. I wasn't surprised but it was a bummer for the others in our group who had hoped for a better evening.
I agree. We were just there a couple weeks ago. I always order the same thing because I love it. It was nothing like it used to be. We paid for the chips and salsa. We were starving. My daughter ordered the kids chicken fingers with fruit as her side. They threw 2 cutie oranges on her plate with 2 chicken strips. My son wanted to order the chocolate pyramid dessert- which I fully intended on doing, but after we were all so disappointed with our food we said by the look of the quality we weren’t about to pay $40 for a dessert there. We just went into world showcase and got dessert.

Hasn't Odyssey been closed since like 1994

It was a pop-up beer and wing place for F&W last year. They renovated the interior as "The Epcot Experience" to show off all the changes that were altered, postponed, or cancelled for the park (that display closed two months ago).

Last edited:

This thread is such a good example of Disney inconsistency.

Via Napoli has been divine sometimes (perfectly light crisp crust, delicate sauce and luscious toppings) and just okay to bad other times (greasy soggy pizza and slooooow service) but the good price and ambiance make it worth the gamble for me.

Le Cellier is expensive and in no way matches the quality steakhouses in the midwest, but for Disney, the price doesn’t seem too outlandish to me.

San Angel food has always been bleh to me, but it makes a nice option for lunch if you just get margaritas and appetizers and watch the beautiful scenery. It is worth requesting and waiting for a “riverside” table.

Akershus (hope it reopens soon) and TeppanEdo have always been solid options for me—good food and entertainment too. But I believe people who say they were underwhelmed—sometimes it is just luck of the draw.

Rose and Crown has always been pretty much perfect from my perspective. Who doesn’t like fish n chips in an elaborately themed british pub, or, weather permitting, a lakeside patio? Can’t go wrong.

So that just leaves two places that I’ve been to and found wholly disappointing. Hacienda, which felt like San Angel but without the Volcano to redeem it. And Garden Grill, which is sooo expensive to not even have a choice of entree and nothing more interesting than meat and potatoes. Epcot deserves better.

Sunshine Seasons for us. We ordered a smorgasboard of all of the highly touted things to share, and all of them were standard Disney disappointments. It was worth trying, but we had high hopes from all of the reviews we sifted through when trying to find the best QS at the time.

Absolutely. And I've seen so many comments about Chef's de France and that is sad. I LOVE that place and visit every trip. Sad to hear it's gone down in food and service.
We just ate at Chefs de France last Sunday evening and it was great. The best French I’ve ever eaten? No. But solidly decent French bistro fare in a nice setting. Waiter was wonderful and we enjoyed everything we got. I’ll agree that it’s overpriced but just about everything in WDW is overpriced.

We ate at Le Creperie a few days ago and it was good. tasted just like galette crepes we had in Paris. Service was very good, cider delicious. We split the prix fixe and the server was super accommodating. Nice break on a hot day.

I think I have tried every Epcot restaurant (over the last 20 years) - except for that new-fangled Space thingy. My skip would go to Tokyo Dining. I love the Japan pavilion but that restaurant is so poorly run. In general, I view theme park dining as paying for the theme not the food, with the exception of probably Tiffins.

San Angel Inn. The food was not great, service was spotty, and the experience was disappointing.
Ditto. My daughter was really looking forward to it but we both thought everything tasted like Spaghetti-o sauce. Seriously the worst tasting Mexican food I have had.

we have done volunteer work in Mexico several times. The food was incredible. I LOVE the atmosphere of San Angel Inn, but the food at best has been meh. And I don't think you could put the tables any closer together.

Just a note for those saying Space 220 is too pricey - make a reservation for the lounge section instead. Still great views, and you can order off of the prix-fixe menu OR the lounge menu, so you could just get 1 app, or 1 drink, and be in and out. That's how we experienced it this past January, definitely worth it that way!
My wife and I did this earlier this month. We had appetizers (shrimp cocktail and calamari) and a couple of glasses of wine. Great view from our lounge seats, the appetizers were very good, and we had a very enjoyable experience. We will definitely do this again.

I wouldn't say "Never" but my list would include, San Angel Inn, Teppan Edo, and Tutto Italia. Wasn't interested in Space 220. It looks like a glorified Coral Reef (IMO). Other than those, I wouldn't go back to unless the menus and the food received a complete overhaul.

We're going to be hard-pressed to go back to the Coral Reef restaurant.

We loved it on our honeymoon trip, when the menu was a lot more expansive than it is today. The second-to-last time we tried it, we were seated by the tank for the first time, which I thought would be awesome, except people kept sending their kids up to the tank to get pictures, and the last thing you want when you're trying to have a fine meal is somebody else's four-year-old way too close. And especially not all meal long.

We went one more time after that, and they tried to take us down by the tank again. We asked if we could sit a little further away. The restaurant was able to do that, but when our server arrived, she asked us about it. "Just not for us," I tried, but the server couldn't let it go.

As far as other places go, Via Napoli was a one-and-done for us.

We do still love Le Cellier (even though it's more packed closely together than it used to be), and my wife still doesn't believe I'm a fan of Nine Dragons (I don't normally eat a lot of Chinese food).

We were really disappointed with the Rose and Crown last trip. I’m in a power wheelchair ( ie not scooter) and had requested an accessible table. They were crowded and asked if I could park it and sit in a real chair and I agreed… then they sat us at a table that required going down some stairs. I know I should have said something in the moment but I was feeling very humiliated in that moment as my husband had to help me down the stairs and the waiter didn’t even care! Then our food took forever and wasn’t very good. Definitely a one and done for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter