Where will you never eat again in Epcot

San Angel Inn was a big disappointment when we went in March 2022. We had a larger-ish group and booked due to several wanting it for nostalgia reasons. It was the only meal of the trip we encountered servers and hosts who were a bit rude and off-putting. And the food is not as anyone remembered. Some items were good but we were sad to find the Sopa Azteca was nowhere near the more authentic version they used to serve, chips and salsa on the table were a thing of the past. I wasn't surprised but it was a bummer for the others in our group who had hoped for a better evening.

They don’t serve complimentary chips and salsa anymore?!! Seriously?

They don't at La Hacienda either. I was there in early May and was kind of shocked to find out that chips were now an additional charge. Even my local Mexican restaurants have free chips so idk why Disney decided to charge $6 for them.

They don't at La Hacienda either. I was there in early May and was kind of shocked to find out that chips were now an additional charge. Even my local Mexican restaurants have free chips so idk why Disney decided to charge $6 for them.

Typical Disney!

We were really disappointed with the Rose and Crown last trip. I’m in a power wheelchair ( ie not scooter) and had requested an accessible table. They were crowded and asked if I could park it and sit in a real chair and I agreed… then they sat us at a table that required going down some stairs. I know I should have said something in the moment but I was feeling very humiliated in that moment as my husband had to help me down the stairs and the waiter didn’t even care! Then our food took forever and wasn’t very good. Definitely a one and done for me.
Oh, how awful! I would think Disney would be more aware than to do that. I had a similar situation at a local restaurant chain (Begins with "A") this past weekend. However, the restaurant wasn't crowded. They saw that I used a walker, but put us at a table that required us walking up some stairs. Fortunately I was able to manage, but it actually occurred to me to think "This wouldn't happen at Disney!" Boy, did your experience prove me wrong!

Not only do they charge for chips and salsa at $6, if you ask for another bowl of salsa; you are charged for it as well—another $3. Those salsa bowls are so small too. :headache:

We sadly have taken Le Cellier off our list of favorites. We were there two weeks ago with our son and daughter in law. We were celebrating our 40th and their 4th anniversary. Three out of the four filet's were not cooked properly. My medium was raw. We barely ate our meals. O'Hana and Chefs are both a no go after October 2021 bad experiences.

Toppolino's and Steakhouse 71 are our only go-to's at this point as we haven't had a bad meal or server at either.

We have only eaten at 6 different restaurants at Epcot but all were worth returning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter