Where to start on I drive...

madmumof2

DIS Veteran
I'm doing a bit of last minute planning tonight and wondered if you lovely diser's could help me!

I'm planning on spending a day on I Drive and want to do Ripley's, Wonderworks, Congo river golf (or maybe the pirate one if the distance is too much), Denny's or IHOP, and Taco Bell, as well as going to Kissimmee for a bit too.

What's the best order to do these in? I have no idea where these place are in relation to each other but I know they're quite close so I can walk to them?

I'd rather go from one end to the other, so I don't have to back track but don't know which one of these is 'first' on I-Drive.

I was going to go to Ripley's first, then walk up I Drive and do the other attractions along the way, but don't know is Ripley's is a good starting point?

I'm not bothered what order to do all these in so please tell me where to get a taxi to in the morning as a place to start, and if I'll need to take the I-Trolley at any point?

I don't know if my jabbering is making any sense at all, but if you understand what I'm asking well done! lol

Also, am I right thinking we can get a bus to Kissimmee too?

Details welcomed! I'm doing my daily cards at the minute so every detail needed is getting written down, so road names, numbers etc would be fantastic!!

Thank you everyone!

There is no longer a Taco Bell on International Drive. The one that used to be there was flattened when they build the Convention Centre extension. I just checked the store locator and that did not bring anything up either.

I would recommend that you go from north to south. Denny's and IHOP are both really close the Sheraton Four Points Hotel. Congo River is either in front of Sheraton Four Points Hotel (one 18 hole course) or just south of Wet and Wild (two 18 hole courses). Both are within walking distance from Denny's/ IHOP. From there I would hop on the I Ride Trolley to get to Ripley's, which is just south of Sandlake Road. It can be walked, but would take you a fair while. From there you can either walk (again a fair walk) or take the I Ride Trolley to Wonder Works.

An alternative plan would be to go to Denny's or IHOP just north of Sandlake Road (near Quality Inn international), do Tiki Island Adventure Golf (in my opinion the best mini golf course on International Drive and I have done all of them), which is next door to Salt Island (which in turn is next door to Quality Inn International). From there it is a short walk to Ripley's and then either a longer walk or a quick ride on the I Ride Trolley to Wonder Works.

Corinna

i remember seeing one at the top some \where near festival bay mall but accross the road is that the one you mean?

An alternative plan would be to go to Denny's or IHOP just north of Sandlake Road (near Quality Inn international), do Tiki Island Adventure Golf (in my opinion the best mini golf course on International Drive and I have done all of them), which is next door to Salt Island (which in turn is next door to Quality Inn International). From there it is a short walk to Ripley's and then either a longer walk or a quick ride on the I Ride Trolley to Wonder Works.

Corinna

Thanks Corinna! I think this is the one we'll do. That Tiki Island golf looks brilliant.

Can I get a bus to Kissimmee after Wonderworks, or is it better to get a taxi?

I'll be getting a taxi back to my hotel anyway after Kissimmee.

I think a taxi would be the better option. You can do it by bus, but it takes 1 hour 15 minutes and involves 3 buses (Link 8 to the junction of Sea Harbor Drive and Academic Drive, change there to Link 50 to Transportation and Ticket Centre and change again to Link 56 to US Highway 192/ Old Town Kissimee).

Corinna

you dont really need to go as far up as wet n wild this would save some time.

ripleys is 8201 international drive, pirate golf 8501, there is a dennys at 8747
and wonderworks is at 9067.

we stayed at quality inn plaza few years ago, its opposite
wonderworks and its not far at all, you wouldnt need to use iride

Great info guys, just hopping onto say that!

Never knew about Tiki golf, got that on my list now. We have done Pirates Cove Mini Golf before (and loved it!) and we were heading back there on our trip next year, but may have to check out the Tiki golf instead! :thumbsup2

Have you had a look at I-drive on Google Earth.
You can put in the addresses of the places you want to visit, then 'pin' them so you can see how close they all are.
If you don't know where some of the places are just by looking at the map then ask on here. I, for example, know where most things are on I-drive so would be happy to pin them and send you an email with the link in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter