• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to rent an offsite scooter?

kathy884

DIS Veteran
Posters here were super helpful in helping us plan our Magic Kingdom day with my wonderful 83 year old father who has some mobility issues and will need an ECV at the park! Hearing how much better the offsite ECVs are, you've convinced me that doing a three day rental (pick up on Dec. 18th -- MK day on Dec. 19th, and SeaWorld day on Dec. 20th, with drop off day Dec. 21st sounds perfect. This is a Dec. 14th - Dec. 25th trip with just two theme park days, mostly family visiting and activities around Orlando. If dad thinks it's a good idea, we might get the scooter for more days too.

Are there scooter rental places that you would recommend? Ideally I'd like a place that would drop off and pick up the scooter at our offsite condo. We for the period of time we are doing the scooter rental will be staying at Polynesian Isles: The address is 3045 Polynesian Isle Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34746

We will have a rental minivan and will need to reserve a scooter that easily breaks down and can be put in the back of that vehicle. There are other strong, capable family members who will be there to get the scooter in and out of the car, put it together, etc. for dad.

Hand down, Gold Mobility and from what I understand they absolutely would drop off at your off-site condo and pickup there as well or you can pick up from their showroom if that is more convenient for you. They have a couple of scooter models that will easily come apart for transport.

And theirs are one of the few that can handle SeaWorld without needing to charge midday, that is actually a tough park on scooters.

With Gold Mobility, you will find the difference between 3 days and your full trip minimal to non-existent. They used to only do a flat rate for up to 7 days and then $10 a day after that, but they have just introduced pricing for shorter trips.

They will help you figure out the best for your needs though.

Some key points with them:
No scooter is ever older than 6 months, as they replace them every 6 months.

The have extended batteries

Most models come with extras like cell phone holders, fans, cup holders and a free accessory

They deliver on your schedule, not at preset time windows.

Their customer service is phenomenal, they truly do earn all of their 5 star reviews and that is all you will find for them.

I agree with the previous poster that Gold Mobility is the best scooter I've rented. I think they have a 7 day minimum rental which is about $190 and includes insurance (if insurance is important to you - some companies may charge extra for it). I don't know if Gold rents the portable scooter (that breaks down) - check their website. I've rented the portable one from Buena Vista scooters and I think their minimum rental period is 3 days. This "could" work out to be cheaper than the 7 day rental from Gold - but insurance used to be extra with them. Try calling both and maybe a few others that people recommend and see what prices you get. Be prepared to give them some details about your dad's weight (to make sure it's a good fit - if he is on the heavier end then a portable scooter has less power - if he's average weight not an issue) and if he needs extras like a cane holder, etc. I personally hate the sun canopies and rear baskets - just make sure if you order a big extra like that - that you can remove it if he doesn't like it.

I think all companies that rent a portable scooter rent the same one - not 100% sure but makes it easier to compare prices.

If you think you'd want the scooter for 7 days and Gold has a portable scooter they will deliver to your house - I'd hands down without reservation recommend them. Maybe having it 7 days would give him the opportunity to go out and do some other stuff - shopping or Disney Springs, etc. or if the neighborhood has sidewalks he might enjoy going around outside. **Gold does rent the portable. It's $149 for the week which is a good deal. Google Gold mobility scooter and make sure you're on their website: goldmobilityscooters "dot" com/collections/scooters/products/super-premium-hd-3-wheel

I also recommend the 3 wheel over the 4 wheel - it is much more maneuverable! If the trip is next month I'd call them sooner than later cause Christmas time is peak season for them I'm sure - to make sure you can get one.

My family members were able to lift and put together the portable one no problems. Ask the delivery company to spend a few minutes showing you how. I hope he has a great time and all of you as well! :)

Last edited:
My parents have used Apple for 2 years now and they really like the service. Just this past trip, they used Apple while my aunt used Buena Vista. Both places will deliver and pick up to wherever you are.

They both ordered portables this time (versus last year) and that worked out really well. The ECVs were broken down numerous times so we could drive to DHS, AK, Epcot as well as Disney Springs. Very quick. Does take a little strength.

I did a lot of research before I hired a mobility scooter from Gold Mobility Scooters. I found nothing but positive feedback about them in several days of research. My first rental with them was perfect. I rented the pride victory 10 scooter. It looked like a new scooter and it worked perfectly. Most days I was at the park from rope drop till closing and never came close to using up the battery. The delivery guy was waiting as I arrived at the resort on my delivery day and was on time once again waiting for me as I left the resort. I booked another scooter rental with them for December.

I've rented exclusively with Apple since 2012. Over 20 trips with no problem. Their prices are the best and never had a battery need charging, other than overnight.

Thanks so much. Dad is 6 ft. 1 in. or so and pretty slim. I don't know his weight, but for example he wears a large shirt size, not an extra large, etc., so I think the portable would work for him. I really appreciate the recommendations!

Thanks so much. Dad is 6 ft. 1 in. or so and pretty slim. I don't know his weight, but for example he wears a large shirt size, not an extra large, etc., so I think the portable would work for him. I really appreciate the recommendations!

My dad is about the same height but not "pretty slim" although not overweight really either and the portable was fine. My aunt is about 5'4" and heavy. Here's a pic. My dad is in the red shirt and my aunt is on the scooter.
IMG_0069.JPG

We rented from BV last summer and know that the pick up/drop off policies have changed. I just got off the phone with them because we are planning a WDW/DCL combo trip and would like to have a scooter for the entire trip. Ideally I would like to be able to pick up and drop off at MCO. BV said they only do resorts so now I’m looking at other companies. Has anyone here picked up and dropped off at MCO? Thanks!

@Luckymommyx2 I had read a vendor would be opening an airport rental location, but i’m not sure which vendor. It would be a very recent option and i haven’t read any reviews, so maybe it was a rumor.

i believe Walker Mobility will rent for DCL as well as WDW. You might try them if you can manage to/from the airport without the scooter.

Enjoy your vacation!

Gold Mobility should be offering airport pickup and return the middle of next year. But they also meet you as you are getting on Magical Express and getting off. Additionally, they will deliver to other locations besides the Disney resorts and offer pickup and returns to their store, whatever is most convenient for you. And they will meet on your schedule, none of these two hour window things that others do. My suggestion is to just give them a call and see what they can do to help, they will do everything they can.

Ugh, called Gold Mobility and they do not service MCO with no mention of doing it in the future. I have the option of taking mine but I prefer not to since it’s larger and I have connecting flights.

Ugh, called Gold Mobility and they do not service MCO with no mention of doing it in the future. I have the option of taking mine but I prefer not to since it’s larger and I have connecting flights.
Are you going from MCO-DCL-WDW-MCO ? Is your cruise the same day you're arriving? Big issue if your flight is delayed. Assuming timing works, tell Gold Mobility you'll be having a meal at the Hyatt in the airport. Ask if you can arrange pick up at the Hyatt, even though you won't be staying there. On your return arrange a drop off at your resort.

One of the stroller companies is opening a location at MCO. You might contact them and see if they can assist with a scooter.

Are you going from MCO-DCL-WDW-MCO ? Is your cruise the same day you're arriving? Big issue if your flight is delayed. Assuming timing works, tell Gold Mobility you'll be having a meal at the Hyatt in the airport. Ask if you can arrange pick up at the Hyatt, even though you won't be staying there. On your return arrange a drop off at your resort.

One of the stroller companies is opening a location at MCO. You might contact them and see if they can assist with a scooter.

We are flying into MCO, staying at the Hyatt for a night then WDW for 3 days followed by DCL for 4 days before returning to MCO. I would prefer to have a scooter for my day at the Hyatt before the start of the Disney portion of our trip.

Call back Gold. Ask for delivery to the Hyatt. There is a difference between servicing MCO and servicing Hyatt guests.

Edited to add. No reason to call Hyatt Regency at the airport can be selected from the dropdown location list

I believe the stroller company with a location at MCO is Orlando Stroller Rental, and they don't list scooters as equipment they offer.

However, I do agree that there is a difference between delivery to a hotel guest vs pick-up at the airport. You should be able to receive a scooter delivery to the Hyatt Regency Orlando Airport as a registered guest of that hotel, from any vendor who delivers in the airport area.

The issue may be the equipment return post-cruise since at that point you will not be a hotel guest. Last I knew, Walker Mobility is the only Orlando-based vendor who also services cruise terminals at Port Canaveral (and DCL in particular). If you can manage getting from the cruise ship to MCO without the scooter, you can probably use Walker.

Enjoy your land/sea vacation!

Gold's location drop down includes Disney cruises port Canaveral. Otherwise arrange return at Hyatt.

Good to know, thank you.

@Luckymommyx2 And I think I found that Cloud of Goods does scooter rentals at MCO airport. I haven't read particularly good reviews of them in the Orlando area, but YMMV.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter