where to find low fat dining?

uber-mom_of_3

Earning My Ears
:earseek:
I eat low fat, vegetarian food and I'm having no fun planning PS. It seems that most choices have meat and a ton of fat added to the meals.
Does anyone have some advice for me?

Thanks!

Look for places with atmosphere that appeal to you, and book your PS. Have them note your special dietary requests. Ask if you need to call before you go, or if you can talk to the chef once there. I haven't had a hard time finding healthier options when I've looked for them. They can make menu items in a lower fat manner, or without sauces, just using dry spices and I'm sure there will be many great meals. If you like seafood there are a million choices for that, and Teppanyaki in Japan has great shrimp, scallop and veggie dinners.

Counter service may be a bit harder, but here are my favorites. At MK my favorite place would be Cosmic Rays. They have roasted chicken and salads there. In Adventureland there is a counter service Mexican food place that has a great taco salad, a good choice if you don't eat the shell it is served in. At EPCOT the Land food court area will have great salads, grilled meat and many other good choices. In MGM the Backlot Express has a great tuna sandwich - not sure of the fat content but tuna is often better than burgers and fries. At AK there were grilled meat choices everywhere. We had Tusker House roasted chicken with green beans. Even fast food that doesn't have a ton of stand out healthy options can usually replace fries in a basket with either carrots or grapes.

Have a wonderful time! A lot will also depend on what type of vegetarian you are - I believe there is a section of the allears.net where the Czarina has commented on her findings...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter