Where to eat at Universal Orlando including menus...UPDATED REGULARLY

Anyone have some good suggestions on where to eat breakfast on citywalk? or even in the theme parks themselves?

You can get a breakfast pizza at Pastamore Express. There is Cinnabon across from there. I like the breakfast croissants at Croissant Moon and Boulangerie. There is also a Cinnabon inside IOA. If you want a more elaborate breakfast, I think you need to go to the hotels.

I have only had the breakfast buffet at Islands Dinning room and it has always been great, except for the price keeps rising.

i have had the breakfast buffet and lunch and dinner there.

i have no complaints on the food or service.

everything was great for me.
i plan to eat at the Islands Dining room again on my october trip.

everyone has different tastes and ideas about the restaurants.
what i enjoy others might not.

Thanks for sharing places to eat and places not to eat as mentioned by some. I being a foodie love to have some new experience. I’ll share what I had this time.

Wow!!! Thanks so much to you guys for all this work putting the menus on line for us.

My son says I have officially lost my mind! I not only have all our meals scheduled but I have menus of every restaurant we are eating at!

He just asked if I am scheduling our bathroom breaks as well,lol....ya never know!

Hello friends. I need help in a big way. I am going to be coming to Islands of Adventure with a friend of mine who is kicking and screaming all the way. She wanted to tag along to bring her 9 year old to ::Disney:: and is now sort of irritated that her daughter decided she wanted to come along with my daughter and I when we go over to IOA for 1 day.

Long story short, the ONLY THING that is going to make her happy this day is finding something OFF THE CHARTS good for her to eat. SHE IS A BIG FOODIE. I am not familiar with what is in IOA to eat but id imagine all the food stuff is going to be on this city walk that i keep hearing about.

Please please chime in ... if you only had 1 opportunity to make a food critic happy (and she made comments about wanting to eat REALLY GOOD stuff that she cannot get at chain restaurants in everywhere usa) ... so where would you suggest? Keep in mind we are only doing 1 day at IOA so I prefer to do something quick and easy in the park (but as good as possible) ... and then come out for a dinner on the cat walk or whatever its called :thumbsup2

I know you all probably wish you had 50 cents for everytime this question has been asked ... and i have tried to scroll through the threads but I need help still.

thanks

My recommendation for IOA would be either Thunder Falls Terrace or Comic Strip Cafe. Both are counter service and pretty good...for theme park food. My preference would be TFT since I've eaten there so many times and have never had a bad experience. Comic Strip Cafe offers many different choices so she should find something she likes.

Mythos would be a good choice for the ambience. My husband loved the steak with truffle butter...Citywalk also has Margaritaville and Bubba Gumps, which we had great food at. Will def. go back to both.

Good luck either way!

for cs, i like Blondies.
you can have them make your sandwich to order.
tell them what you want on it and it is made fresh.

Hello friends. I need help in a big way. I am going to be coming to Islands of Adventure with a friend of mine who is kicking and screaming all the way. She wanted to tag along to bring her 9 year old to ::Disney:: and is now sort of irritated that her daughter decided she wanted to come along with my daughter and I when we go over to IOA for 1 day.

Long story short, the ONLY THING that is going to make her happy this day is finding something OFF THE CHARTS good for her to eat. SHE IS A BIG FOODIE. I am not familiar with what is in IOA to eat but id imagine all the food stuff is going to be on this city walk that i keep hearing about.

Please please chime in ... if you only had 1 opportunity to make a food critic happy (and she made comments about wanting to eat REALLY GOOD stuff that she cannot get at chain restaurants in everywhere usa) ... so where would you suggest? Keep in mind we are only doing 1 day at IOA so I prefer to do something quick and easy in the park (but as good as possible) ... and then come out for a dinner on the cat walk or whatever its called :thumbsup2

I know you all probably wish you had 50 cents for everytime this question has been asked ... and i have tried to scroll through the threads but I need help still.

thanks

For lunch, Mythos in IOA.
For dinner, Emeril's at Citywalk. Emeril's is pricey and usually requires a reservation. Reservations can be made at opentable.com.

Has anyone ever printed the coupons from orlandocoupons and actually used them at a restaurant? The only reason I ask is because at home I have tried to use similar type coupons that are printable off the internet and they never seem to accept them. Anyone have luck at universal? I saw a few on orlandocoupon that interest me like the free margarita one at margaritaville or the 20% of pastamore. Let me know your experience with these!

Has anyone ever printed the coupons from orlandocoupons and actually used them at a restaurant? The only reason I ask is because at home I have tried to use similar type coupons that are printable off the internet and they never seem to accept them. Anyone have luck at universal? I saw a few on orlandocoupon that interest me like the free margarita one at margaritaville or the 20% of pastamore. Let me know your experience with these!

i have used them before and didn't have any issues at city walk or rph.

the one for margaritas or the 20% off will be honored at that place but, you have to show them the coupon before you order.

We have one day at Universal IOA, I think we are going on a Thursday at the beginning of October. We are not staying on-site, so we don't have early entry. My son is a Harry Potter fanatic. He is 9 and has read all of the books. We are staying at Disney and this side trip is a surprise for him.

I want to eat at Mythos (he is also really into Greek mythology). This will be our only meal other than snacks. When is the best time to make our reservation, so we maximize our time at the park? Thanks!!:wizard:

you can use www.opentable.com

early october is not a busy time in the parks.

you could even book for 11:30 when they open at the booth/kiosk in city walk the same day.

i love the signature pizza there!

I am wondering if anyone knows...

Will all/any of the TS restaurants make a to-go order?

I ask because I am traveling with a picky eater. There are a few menu items I have seen that I would really like to try, but I don't want her to have to eat kid's chicken strips at every meal (she is 15, very picky).

Like Bubba Gump's. I would LOVE to get some coconut shrimp to go, and maybe some soup. Then we could grab her whatever she wants, and find an outdoor table or bench to people-watch.

TIA!!

I am wondering if anyone knows...

Will all/any of the TS restaurants make a to-go order?

I ask because I am traveling with a picky eater. There are a few menu items I have seen that I would really like to try, but I don't want her to have to eat kid's chicken strips at every meal (she is 15, very picky).

Like Bubba Gump's. I would LOVE to get some coconut shrimp to go, and maybe some soup. Then we could grab her whatever she wants, and find an outdoor table or bench to people-watch.

TIA!!
I don't believe any of the park restaurants have to-go containers...at least I've never seen any but the CityWalk restaurants will provide those containers.

If you are staying onsite do you have to make reservations for dinner?

Staying onsite will get you into a priority line. It is always simple to just make reservations online at opentable.com

In less busy times, it isn't necessary to make a reservation.

Staying onsite will get you into a priority line. It is always simple to just make reservations online at opentable.com

In less busy times, it isn't necessary to make a reservation.

I am thinking it would be a GOOD idea for 10 !!!!:rotfl2:

just back from a week at Universal and have to say we did not have one
bad meal the whole week!

Trattoria at PB- had the breakfast buffet several times and it was great!

Sal's at PB-ate here at least once a day - sandwiches good and the best steak
pizza EVER!

Hard Rock Cafe- great pulled pork sandwich - great hot fudge sundae.

Nascar Grille- good pulled pork sandwich - good burger but Great service!!

Forrest Gump - great fish sandwich and husband said best burger he has ever had.

Room service at PB was great.

Circus Mcgurcus was great this time! Chicken dinner really good. great chix caesar salad.

Mel's - we must have gotten lucky - burgers and chicken were very good.

Nathans - great hotdog and it was huge!

Blondies - great sandwiches

Louies - great pizza and sandwiches.

Nba City- everything was great!

Latin Quarter- everything was great!

I was wondering if the first week in October is typically a slow time? Do we need to make advanced reservations (funny calling 2 weeks prior to the trip advanced, at Disney I usually make my ressies 3 months in advance :laughing: !) or could we just make the ressies the day of and have no problem? We are staying onsite at HRH.

Since we are traveling with our DD 12 :love: who has severe autism sit down meals are difficult but not completely out of the question, but since we are going at HER speed QS is probrably best for most of our meals...any tips on the best QS in the parks, hotels and at City Walk--if any.

Thanks!
Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter