Where is HOME? OR have you found it yet???

Beach Club is our "home". We've stayed at POR, AKL, BLT and in a rental in Windsor Hills but BC is by far our favorite. I think I actually prefer the resort over any of the theme parks.....

We are doing a BC/Poly split in July. I hope we love Poly as much as we do BC. I can't imagine vacationing at WDW without staying a few nights at BC.

The GF is number one in our hearts, but if the budget says no, we'll stay at the WL. Especially at Christmas, it's just so cozy and right for the holiday time! :thumbsup2

We like trying different resorts and have loved all of the resorts we've stayed at, but our favorite is the Poly :cloud9:.

WDW as a whole is 'home' for me. My favorite place to stay there??? BWV. It's my home resort. Love BLT as well...so own there too.
But, in all reality, I have found something to love about most of the resorts I've stayed at.
I really like the value resorts. I've stayed at Pop many times. And in May, I'll be at Music and then AoA with my dd.

We're also nomads. We pretend like we keep trying different resorts because we're trying to find "The One," but really I think we just like variety. :confused3

As of today, I'd say WL is our top MK-area resort and BWI is our top Epcot resort. YC is next on my list to try, though, and my sister keeps insisting we have to stay at AKL (it's her favorite resort), so everything's subject to change. ;)

If we can fit it in our budget, we would do CR again just for location to MK purposes. Otherwise its POFQ for us!! :)

BC and BCV had been our home resort since 1992. The only exceptions have been when we were bumped to YC from the BC, when we stayed at BWI because the BC was full, and when I stayed at the Polynesian for the half-marathon with my sisters. Other than that, it had always been the BC.

Then this last trip we decided to try the Wilderness Lodge. We wanted something new and to save a little money. The WL is great. We loved the resort. I loved the boat to MK. But we really missed not being in the Epcot area. We are giving the WL one more try in December because we really didn't get much of a chance to relax and enjoy the resort the way we do at the BC.

So we may have two new home resorts, one for each season. ;)

Home for my family is CBR. It was our first resort and my daughters fell in love. We switched one year just to try another moderate and we just didn't feel the magic. So when we book disney, our home is CBR.

We have visited WDW over 50 times and have stayed at what was the Disney Inn, Poly, GFloridian, Yacht Club, Caribbean Beach, POFQ, FW cabins and the DVC units at SS, Kidani, WL and BW. But at least 30 of our stays have been at OKW. It is our home resort and it is home to us. We love that it is spread out, the size of the units and the balconies, parking right outside your unit, Olivia's, I could go on and on. OKW is home!

WL is the only deluxe we have stayed at so that is currently home! Although I would love to visit Poly!

I'm in the "try as many as you can" camp, but if one really really became a clear winner early on I wouldn't think twice about declaring it home. We stayed at Pop a few years back and it was fun, and we loved animal kingdom lodge last year. This year we opted to try Bay Lake Tower. We shall see...

Someday when my kids are older I want to stay at Beach Club (better swimmers and appreciate more rides at DHS and Epcot) and I would love to do a December weekend at WL.

Boardwalk for me is out though... That maniacal clown slide would keep me from sleeping at night :rotfl:

Treehouses. Don't ask me why. But I love having my own "house" not a hotel room on vacation. plus I like being inside the magic., yet not being far away..

We are in the process of trying as many resorts as we can but so far, the Boardwalk Inn has felt like home to us. :goodvibes I am trying out AKL in a few weeks for a work trip and our family is staying at the Poly this summer. I have not stayed at the Poly in over 20 years so I am curious to see what we think of it now. It was my family's "home" resort when I was growing up - of course, there were a lot less resorts to choose from then as well. ;)

The Swan is our home since we discovered the Starwood American Express Card. Love staying on points.

WL #1 for Christmas
BC#2 Warm weather

This is pretty much how my family feels too.

I think WL will always be our #1, and it's our "home" in WDW.

However, when we go in the warmer months you just can't beat BC/YC. We actually slightly prefer YC over BC, but either will do.

We also really, really loved the Poly, but have only tried it once and only for 3 nights. We still hope to stay at all the WDW resorts some day, so even tho we love some, we don't always stick with those.

As a DVC member AKV is my fav. But I do keep it fresh and stay different places sometimes but definitely more AKV. Actually my last few trips have been AKV.

SusieBea said:
We have visited WDW over 50 times and have stayed at what was the Disney Inn, Poly, GFloridian, Yacht Club, Caribbean Beach, POFQ, FW cabins and the DVC units at SS, Kidani, WL and BW. But at least 30 of our stays have been at OKW. It is our home resort and it is home to us. We love that it is spread out, the size of the units and the balconies, parking right outside your unit, Olivia's, I could go on and on. OKW is home!

Excellent to hear we will be staying there starting next Friday for a quick 4 day getaway. Our first time at OKW so really excited now after reading your post, thanks!!!

I send pics of the scary clown slide when I stay at BWV to my friend that hates clowns. :lmao:

That is just so mean. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Excellent to hear we will be staying there starting next Friday for a quick 4 day getaway. Our first time at OKW so really excited now after reading your post, thanks!!!

We love OKW too. We are staying for the third time for hubby and me (fourth for me as I went with the girls a year ago).

I think so far my home is POR. It is where we stayed on our first trip, and this will be our third time staying there. I really loved CBR this last trip. I am not a huge fan of the values, and that is just from visiting my mom and dad one day at Movies. It was a little loud for me. I think I would enjoy staying at a deluxe sometime, but I feel like my heart will always want to go back to POR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter