Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

I am trying so hard to get to DW but it's like every day there's something else. :( I have a reservation for 4 nights at the Poly then 3 at the Grand Destino Tower. And a 6 day park ticket but... the park ticket was part of the package with the GDT which starts on Thursday. I couldn't reserve a park on Mon - Wed. And have you tried to call Disney???? :faint: I have tried day after day. Waited on hold as long as 45 min. Cannot get anyone to talk to. >:( Finally called DVC where I could talk to someone. She explained to me that my 6 day ticket starts when I check into the GDT.... To call them and see if they can adjust it (probably not) or change it to a 3 day park ticket and then buy at 3 day park ticket from DVC. Which of course would cost a lot more than one 6 day park ticket. I guess I'd better run the numbers on that...:scratchin. But I can't change or cancel my 6 day ticket until I can talk to someone on the phone...... which seems to be impossible. :furious:

Not to mention that the Poly will be under construction. :sad2: Sounds like the whole ceremonial house maybe closed with registration in Pago Pago since it's only DVC. No monorail service. I've heard the will keep Kona and the upstairs gift shop but they didn't mention Boutikiki or Capt. Hook's. But I only have enough points to stay when I can use last year's, this year's and next year's points. So this is it. Either now or I lose my points.

Park, resort or other?
Shop, attraction or food service?

i-WJPd7sG-Th.jpg

This is from a park attraction. :tink:

I am trying so hard to get to DW but it's like every day there's something else. :( I have a reservation for 4 nights at the Poly then 3 at the Grand Destino Tower. And a 6 day park ticket but... the park ticket was part of the package with the GDT which starts on Thursday. I couldn't reserve a park on Mon - Wed. And have you tried to call Disney???? :faint: I have tried day after day. Waited on hold as long as 45 min. Cannot get anyone to talk to. >:( Finally called DVC where I could talk to someone. She explained to me that my 6 day ticket starts when I check into the GDT.... To call them and see if they can adjust it (probably not) or change it to a 3 day park ticket and then buy at 3 day park ticket from DVC. Which of course would cost a lot more than one 6 day park ticket. I guess I'd better run the numbers on that...:scratchin. But I can't change or cancel my 6 day ticket until I can talk to someone on the phone...... which seems to be impossible. :furious:

Not to mention that the Poly will be under construction. :sad2: Sounds like the whole ceremonial house maybe closed with registration in Pago Pago since it's only DVC. No monorail service. I've heard the will keep Kona and the upstairs gift shop but they didn't mention Boutikiki or Capt. Hook's. But I only have enough points to stay when I can use last year's, this year's and next year's points. So this is it. Either now or I lose my points.

That is so strange. :confused3 When Sara...and our friend Lacey...did their spur of the moment trips last July they had no issues at all. Lacey's family aren't DVC members and they used the FW cabins but Sara used her points at the WL. They stayed in DVC area in the main building and she made all of her arrangements the WEEK before. They got the parks they wanted on their requested days and even dining reservations. I guess there are more people interested in going now. I think you're right on the entire lower floor area at the Poly being closed but I think that area on the 2nd floor by the door to the monorail will also be open in addition to Kona. I love Kona but dining options will certainly be limited. :tink:

I woul
That is so strange. :confused3 When Sara...and our friend Lacey...did their spur of the moment trips last July they had no issues at all. Lacey's family aren't DVC members and they used the FW cabins but Sara used her points at the WL. They stayed in DVC area in the main building and she made all of her arrangements the WEEK before. They got the parks they wanted on their requested days and even dining reservations. I guess there are more people interested in going now. I think you're right on the entire lower floor area at the Poly being closed but I think that area on the 2nd floor by the door to the monorail will also be open in addition to Kona. I love Kona but dining options will certainly be limited. :tink:

I would have had no problem if it was all through DVC. It's the regular Disney Resorts Reservations number that is just sitting there on hold.

What is it like at your school? Do you have to wear a mask all day? Do all the kids come every day? You work in the office?

I work in the office. It is a nightmare. Everyone has to wear a mask all day. If there is nobody in the office I will take it off for a few minutes here and there just to breathe. So many kids and teachers are out, if you have any symptoms at all you have to stay home and be tested and can't return until a negative test. All I do all day is wash my hands and sanitize them. They really should just go to remote learning. Some kids are doing full remote but only about 70 out of 500 kids. The rest come in every day and there is not much social distancing going on only about three feet between desks.

Could you do two room only reservations and then buy a six day park ticket separately?

I work in the office. It is a nightmare. Everyone has to wear a mask all day. If there is nobody in the office I will take it off for a few minutes here and there just to breathe. So many kids and teachers are out, if you have any symptoms at all you have to stay home and be tested and can't return until a negative test. All I do all day is wash my hands and sanitize them. They really should just go to remote learning. Some kids are doing full remote but only about 70 out of 500 kids. The rest come in every day and there is not much social distancing going on only about three feet between desks.

Wow! I'd hate to have to wear a mask all day. Seems like they'd want to do half the kids at a time. But, I'm glad I'm not in charge of making decisions!.

Could you do two room only reservations and then buy a six day park ticket separately?

Yes, but right now I'm stuck with the 6 day ticket that I can only use on 3 days because I can't change my reservation on line. I need to talk to someone but no one ever answers the phone.

Hopefully things will get better soon. The first couple of weeks were rough here but it's settled down a lot. They're still requiring students to stay home 72 hours if they have any "symptoms" that could be Covid related. For instance...if they have a sore throat from strep throat they still need to stay out and then can only return with a note from the doctor that the "problem" was not Covid related. Everyone has pretty much "gotten it down" for now. The mask wearing hasn't been a problem and students & teachers are cooperating. Sara wears hers all day even in her office; she does get uncomfortable if she has a stuffy nose but the allergies have been few and far between the past week or so. The cool front and the rain have calmed that down for now. Heard today there are a few school districts in Texas requiring students back at school at the end of this 6 weeks grading period. They're done with the online classes since they're seeing so many of those students getting failing grades; they want them "back in the building" for instruction. Hopefully things will continue on the "right track"; just waiting for the regular flu to start giving everyone problems! :headache: Hang in there...hopefully things will start getting back to normal for your school too! :hug::tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter