• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where in in FLA/CALI can Canadians get a COVID TEST

Sorry. I was just sharing current information from NCL's website. I thought you were insinuating that we were sharing incorrect information.

I would always go to the cruise line's website for information before speaking with rep. Sometimes they don't have all the latest information.

I’m sure we’ve all had the experience of Disney phone line (and other) CMs giving out wrong information, why should NCL’s be any more reliable?

With the Government of Canada website saying fully vaccinated travellers have to show proof of a negative PCR test done within 72 hours, what does this mean those going on a cruise? We are on a 4 night cruise - so while we we will Get tested before flying to MCO, the rules suggest we will need to get have to get retested while on the actual cruise.

do the cruise lines mandate testing to even allow people to re-enter the US?

That's part of the reasons why we cancelled two cruises that we were supposed to do this fall. Some cruise lines offer testing on board, some only offer it for 6 nights+ cruises, some don't offer it at all. Plus the cost of all those tests...

(Add to that travel insurance not covering medical for cruises and not covering cancellations/potential quarantine... )

If anyone is cruising in the near (or distance) future, I highly recommend you stay abreast to the ever-changing protocols. They are VERY frequent and vary by cruise line.

Don Terris (Don's Family Vacations on youtube) was supposed to be on Carnival Mardi Gras this week, but had to cancel as the cruise line changed their policy on return testing and they would not able to provide this service for him, for free or for purchase.

Royal Caribbean and NCL do return PCR testing for guests who require them to fly (for now):

RCCL:
https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

While onboard, guests 2 years of age and older will be required to undergo antigen testing before disembarking at the end of the voyage. This test will be conducted the day before the cruise ends. Guests will be notified onboard about how to register for this test. Vaccinated guests who require an antigen or PCR test for re-entry into their country may receive one onboard at no charge.

NCL:
https://www.ncl.com/ca/en/cruise-fa...ents-guests-flying-back-countries-require-neg
Will NCL offer testing onboard to meet travel requirements for guests flying back to countries that require negative COVID-19 test results to re-enter the country post cruise?

Yes, COVID-19 antigen or PCR tests prior to disembarkation will be administered on board and paid for by the Cruise Line for those guests who require a test to return home. If a PCR test is required for any travel home, the cruise line will administer and pay for a PCR test, only for those guests whose home country specifically requires a PCR test. The PCR test onboard for cruises from Europe will be administered by Eurofins. The PCR test for US based sailings will be administered by Norwegian Cruise Line's medical staff.

If a guest has any other travel plans after disembarking the ship, other than returning to their home country, the guest can still request a PCR test onboard, at a fee of $150 per person.

If a guest booked a post-cruise hotel for more than three nights, it is the responsibility of the guest to make their own arrangements to get re-tested at their own expense.

We're cruising with NCL in April, and had no idea that they offered PCR testing - so thank you for the info!
We're taking a Panama Canal 16 day cruise, and depending on the timing of the testing, we may just end up doing a rapid test upon our arrival in LA. I haven't been able to find anything on the NCL website that explains the timing of the PCR tests for re-entry to Canada (72 hours).

We're cruising with NCL in April, and had no idea that they offered PCR testing - so thank you for the info!
We're taking a Panama Canal 16 day cruise, and depending on the timing of the testing, we may just end up doing a rapid test upon our arrival in LA. I haven't been able to find anything on the NCL website that explains the timing of the PCR tests for re-entry to Canada (72 hours).

Come April, who knows what the protocols will be. I do know NCL has stated they will be running 100% vaccinated cruises (i.e., no kids under 12) until December 31.

I also didn't see which day they would test you, but I assume it would be the last full day or night of your cruise.

HELP! Has anyone gotten tested at CVS with child/under 18 year old? We went to test at CVS today, very easy, they called a few hours later with negative results for all 5 of us, said we could set up my chart with the emails they sent to view/print. Problem is, only hubby, oldest (over 18) and myself got the email, not the 2 younger kids..then I noticed this on the email 599326 Does this mean you cannot view/print kids results?? I tried calling and theyre closed and says closed tomorrow too. Anyone else test at CVS with under 18yo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter