Where in in FLA/CALI can Canadians get a COVID TEST

That was disappointing to hear. It’s not clear how long it would take to reach 80% when there is differing levels of hesitancy across the country.

Has anyone found any around Disneyland/Anaheim yet? I was looking on Walgreens site and they don't offer the NAAT test in California (not in Anaheim or the surrounding areas anyway). They offer PCR but of course can't guarantee a timely turn around for tests.

Has anyone found any around Disneyland/Anaheim yet? I was looking on Walgreens site and they don't offer the NAAT test in California (not in Anaheim or the surrounding areas anyway). They offer PCR but of course can't guarantee a timely turn around for tests.
You beat me to it! I'm hoping for info as well for the Anaheim area. Actually DH will need to test in San Diego since the first part of our trip will be there and he's not staying for the DLR portion. The testing requirement is actually stressing me out a bit as it doesn't seem as readily available around Disneyland.

CVS offers PCR/NAAT and claim their turnaround for results is usually 1-2 days. That looks promising! It looks like they have a West Katella location. Not as close as the South Harbor Walgreens but should be a quick taxi ride. https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing/covid-scheduler?symptoms=covid

It's too bad there isn't a location in WDW that does testing. If you are on site without a car, you either have to uber it somewhere, or get tested at the airport.

Any other reviews of getting the rapid PCR test at MCO?

It's too bad there isn't a location in WDW that does testing. If you are on site without a car, you either have to uber it somewhere, or get tested at the airport.

For drive thru testing places you need to take a taxi rather than Uber. Taxis can/will keep the meter running while waiting. Ubers are a flat rate from point A to point B... they are not going to wait around.

Disney did have testing basically onsite but it closed down a few months ago.

Someone I follow on Insta from Ontario is at WDW right now, she comes home today. She was supposed to come home yesterday because she was going to do the rapid test at MCO but she could not get in. They had no appts available for several days but she was told walk ins were allowed. People started showing up early (like 6am I believe) and by noon no one had gotten in! She missed her flight, had to rebook for today and found a place other than the airport for a rapid PCR test at a cost of $250USD.
So yeah, I wouldn't trust the test at MCO and plan ahead.

Someone I follow on Insta from Ontario is at WDW right now, she comes home today. She was supposed to come home yesterday because she was going to do the rapid test at MCO but she could not get in. They had no appts available for several days but she was told walk ins were allowed. People started showing up early (like 6am I believe) and by noon no one had gotten in! She missed her flight, had to rebook for today and found a place other than the airport for a rapid PCR test at a cost of $250USD.
So yeah, I wouldn't trust the test at MCO and plan ahead.

Brutal! I wouldn't trust the test at MCO unless I had an appointment booked. But i'd like to know that if i had a booking, I was getting in for sure and with a PCR test.

Thanks for the reply!

For drive thru testing places you need to take a taxi rather than Uber. Taxis can/will keep the meter running while waiting. Ubers are a flat rate from point A to point B... they are not going to wait around.

Disney did have testing basically onsite but it closed down a few months ago.

Good to know about drive thrus, thanks!

Brutal! I wouldn't trust the test at MCO unless I had an appointment booked. But i'd like to know that if i had a booking, I was getting in for sure and with a PCR test.

Thanks for the reply!
I've posted 2x my experience with MCO/AdventHealth (not under this thread) -- i had an appointment and they still did not have the PCR kits in stock nor could they be bothered to call ppl and let them know in advance they couldn't test us. Please everyone DO NOT USE MCO FOR PCR TESTING!!! AdventHealth is the absolute worst for being reliable and they simply don't care they you missed your flight, pay for another hotel stay etc etc. Also please do not rely on any of these places to do testing based on drop in esp on day you are flying out or even the day before. Walgreens is 3 days out for booking so yes you are booking while you are on holidays, but at least they seem to be consistent.

I've posted 2x my experience with MCO/AdventHealth (not under this thread) -- i had an appointment and they still did not have the PCR kits in stock nor could they be bothered to call ppl and let them know in advance they couldn't test us. Please everyone DO NOT USE MCO FOR PCR TESTING!!! AdventHealth is the absolute worst for being reliable and they simply don't care they you missed your flight, pay for another hotel stay etc etc. Also please do not rely on any of these places to do testing based on drop in esp on day you are flying out or even the day before. Walgreens is 3 days out for booking so yes you are booking while you are on holidays, but at least they seem to be consistent.

Appreciate you posting your experience again. Really good info!

The CVS and Walgreens are right across the street from each other on the intersection of Katella and Harbor. 😉
Thanks! I hadn’t looked on a map yet and while we’ve been to that Walgreens we never had reason to pay attention to any CVS locations till now.

Thanks! I hadn’t looked on a map yet and while we’ve been to that Walgreens we never had reason to pay attention to any CVS locations till now.
Did you find any info about either of them doing testing? I'm frantically looking now since we are still going in Sept. No way I'm letting those Oogie Boogie tickets go to waste!

Did you find any info about either of them doing testing? I'm frantically looking now since we are still going in Sept. No way I'm letting those Oogie Boogie tickets go to waste!
They both do testing but from what I can see, Walgreens results are within 48 hours but will not guarantee results in time for travel. The CVS says 1-2 days for results but could be longer due to high demand, no mention of not guaranteeing results in time for travel that I can find. We plan to head to a CVS as soon as we get there to see what they recommend unless I can find something better. I’m hoping as travel increases, especially now with the Canadian border opening up to vaccinated US citizens, testing will be more readily available by the time we need it!

Just called Walgreens on Katella. They dont test, but the pharmacist said other Walgreens in the area do. And Canadians can be tested, even without insurance. On the hunt. Will post back when I find one!
Oh perfect!! I just replied to your post but you already know more than me. Maybe the CVS then??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter