Where do you *not* budget?

It's fun to see where people will spend money and where they won't. Here's where I will not buy generic

TP-only Cottenelle (unless very desperate)
Cereal-bought generic for too long
Mac n' cheese- only Kraft will do
Shampoo/conditioner
Dog food-dogs love purina one
pizza rolls-only tostinos
trash bags
tennis shoes
mustard

funny thing for me...i will use REAL sandpaper instead of cottonelle. I guess that's why they make more than one brand. There are very few things I won't budget on...but I won't go budget on hair conditioner...shampoo yes...conditioner no. Has to be a decent brand.

We are willing to try generic for most things, but there are some things that I have to buy name brand for:

Peanut Butter has to be Jif

Name brand hygiene products

Crocs

Diapers - We use cloth to keep my DD rash and chemical free, but there are only certain brands that we use.

Kraft Mac and Cheese, Heinz Ketchup, Hidden Valley Ranch dressing

Dog and Cat food

Baby wipes have to be Pampers brand

What is one thing you buy where you refuse to cut any corners?

I refuse to pinch pennies on feminine hygiene products. I am brand specific and on this one thing I don't CARE what's on sale!

When I saw the title, that was the first thing I thought about! :rotfl2:

Well I buy mostly organic stuff and non dairy so I will not buy something that has HFCS in it just because it is cheaper. I too would scrub toilets before I had to do that.

We have to buy Tillamook cheese, not only because it is a superior, yummy product - but because my husband makes it, LOL!

Thank your DH for making the yummy cheese! I bought a 2 lb. brick of the Extra Sharp White Cheddar at Costco last week and cut into it for lunch today. I love good (fancy, imported) cheese, and for now am cutting way back on trips to the gourmet cheese counter, but cheddar cheese is a staple at our house! My splurges will be locally made goat cheese from the farmers market instead.

Must haves, most are for picky DD9, for myself there are very few. Hellmann's light mayo is one. Haven't liked the store brand hygiene products, but haven't tried Target's either. We still splurge on good coffee and tea, wine and artisan breads. There is a lot of belt-tightening we can do still. Summer splurges are good steaks for the grill (bought a whole NY strip, free slicing and packaging for $4.99/lb last month) and fresh veggies from the farmers market. They may cost more but are locally produced and so much fresher/tastier.

Cars-will only buy Toyota or Mazda.

Hair color: only buy Natural Instincts "Sahara"

Chocolate: Ghiradelli. Period. Don't even think of showing me a stinkin' hershey bar...

Everything else, well, I'll try anything once. That's probably why I insist on Toyotas, Mazdas, Ghiradelli, and Natural Instincts-the budget choices were disasters!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter