Where do you fly in for HH??

Laurabearz

I cant load my bobbin!
We are planning our second DVC trip for this coming October.... heading to HH!!! Woo Hoo!!! Cant wait!

Where do you fly into..... from what I can see SAV is the nearest airport..... am I right? Other suggestions? We dont mind driving 2 hours if it can save us some $$ on airfare.

ALso How long of a drive is it from SAV? I am not a complete map idiot but close.... is the resort hard to find? Would MapQuest help?

Thanks!:bounce:

Savannah is going to be the most convenient location, it's about 50 nminutes drive to DVC HH from the airport and an easy drive. I flew into Charlotte as that's the nearest airport that has direct flights from England, it's about 4 hours drive from there. You can fly into HH itself, but it's a very small airport and the only scheduled flights fly to and from Charlotte so you'd need to change plans. IMHO that's not worth the effort. Your best next option is probably Charlestone, this is about an hour and a half's drive to HH.

The resort is pretty easy to find as HH really only has one major road going the length of the island, there is a DVC sign on the main road ( although it was a little overgrown with shrubbery on my last visit) . From the main road DVC can be no more than 400 yards.

Savannah is close to HHI and you should be in your room, after all is said and done, within 90 minutes. However, if you choose to fly into Charleston, and have time, you can make a side trip to Charleston, the most charming city in the South!

Good luck with your planning!!!

:jester:

Savannah! Even my DM made it there with no problems and she is a nervous driver in a flash. Straight drive and the closest one that is reasonable.

Thanks everyone for your help. I was fairly sure SAV was the way to go....

Wooo hoooo! HH here we come!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!