Where did the concrete pillars of peoples pictures go ?

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
EPCOT
Concrete pillars of peoples pictures - we are on them.
Where did they move them to ?
Any pictures of where they are located ?
How can we find our pictures now ?
Thank you

I believe they are still in the process of moving them. I think the East side is still in Epcot and can be seen. The west side is behind walls and being removed. They are moving them outside of the entrance but not exactly sure when or where.

The pictures are being relocated outside the the EPCOT entrance and the granite monoliths are being removed. The monolith area is being transform into a greenspace.

My understanding of the terms for the pictures on the monoliths was 10 years of display.

Last edited:

Disney Magic spoiler alert...
Not made of concrete. They are light gauge metal framing with a granite finish. This is why they are not being moved - there is nothing to move once they take off the facing with the images.

thank you - but I do not want them to remove or destroy the images
Can we get ours - if WDW decides to destroy them ?

Last I heard the images will be saved and relocated elsewhere in the entry area. Good luck finding yours if this is the case.

The pictures are being relocated outside the the EPCOT entrance and the granite monoliths are being removed. The monolith area is being transform into a greenspace.

My understanding of the terms for the pictures on the monoliths was 10 years of display.

20 years actually, but yes, it doesn't specify WHERE on property I don't believe

They are being taken down. I believe I read they will be moved to somewhere just outside the entry to EPCOT. Not sure exactly where that is.
Just glad to see them removed from inside the park. Always seemed like an eyesore as you entered.. Looking forward to the newer, cleaner version o fthe EPCOT entry.

Disney Magic spoiler alert...
Not made of concrete. They are light gauge metal framing with a granite finish. This is why they are not being moved - there is nothing to move once they take off the facing with the images.

If they were solid holy cow! Figured they were slabs.

"The paperwork that Leave A Legacy customers received included language indicating that Disney could replace or relocate the “image and/or sculpture” anywhere within Walt Disney World at any time. After an image has been up for 20 years, it could be removed permanently."

In due time. Probably be part of I4 resurface. These won’t be kept. That’s for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!